Favorite Part of 2112

RushGuru

What is your favorite part of 2112?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite part of 2112?

• Overture
    • The Temples of Syrinx
    • Discovery
    • Presentation
    • The Dream
    • Soliloquy
    • Grand Finale

Went with Overture - It's just an awesome musical construction which points to way to the delights to come. Also, I had an album around '80/'81 called Living Legends which had Overture/Temples of Syrinx from ATWAS on it, and that had a lot to do with me getting into Rush.

After PeW, ATWAS was the second Rush album I bought.

Good move!!!

ALL of it!

overture/temples/discovery/presentation has to be one of the best segue i've ever heard. It's amazing how they can be quiet, then in your face, then soft again, then through the roof!

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 15 2005, 09:28 PM)
ALL of it!
overture/temples/discovery/presentation has to be one of the best segue i've ever heard. It's amazing how they can be quiet, then in your face, then soft again, then through the roof!

Well said. I don't think I could choose either. It's my all time favorite Rush song. It's just so good all around. trink39.gif

Yes, we know it's nothing new. It's just a waste of time. We have no need for ancient ways, our world is doing fine; another toy will help destroy the elder race of man. Forget about your silly whim, it doesn't fit the plan.

Presentation - best part of 2112 IMO smile.gif

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Feb 15 2005, 08:04 PM)
I know its hard, but try to choose. Mine has to be Soliloquy. Beautiful guitar work, great lyrics, and awesome guitar solo. I feel that guy's despair every time I hear the song. Powerful stuff.

You forgot "The Oracle". That's my favorite.

Have to say the whole thing is wonderful and it's too hard to pick just one favorite part because the whole thing just flows together. However I do enjoy driving around singing "We are the priests of the temples of syrinx" at the top of my lungs while getting into 5th gear.......Rush is great driving music 1022.gif

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 15 2005, 09:16 PM)
Went with Overture - It's just an awesome musical construction which points to way to the delights to come. Also, I had an album around '80/'81 called Living Legends which had Overture/Temples of Syrinx from ATWAS on it, and that had a lot to do with me getting into Rush.

After PeW, ATWAS was the second Rush album I bought.

Good move!!!

confused13.gif My Life blood ? Spills oveeer me? common001.gif

Easy this: Oracle (The Dream)

But the version of Soliloquy on ATWAS does come dangerously close!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 15 2005, 09:55 PM)
Yes, we know it's nothing new. It's just a waste of time. We have no need for ancient ways, our world is doing fine; another toy will help destroy the elder race of man. Forget about your silly whim, it doesn't fit the plan.

Presentation - best part of 2112 IMO smile.gif

Agreed yes.gif

The solo is mindblowing!

Temples. It just is.

Like everyone, this is like trying to decide which part of your brain is your favorite. It kinds makes sense to have the whole there.

Temples has these amazing lyrics and it really pulsates. It is truly an emotional piece.

I think the more interesting question is:

Which piece could stand on its own?

Can't do it. Tried, but can't.

Wait, let me try again..

Mmmmmmmmmmmmpppphhhh. ohmy.gif

Aaaaaaarrgggggggggggggggggggh. mad.gif

Grrrrrreeeeyyaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! wacko.gif

062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Still can't do it. And now my co-workers are wondering why my face is all red and where those cannibal sounds were coming from. Oh great - here comes the H.R. lady - this'll be fun explaining.

Sorry, man - I love them all. I can be very critical, but I can't find one weak spot in the whole mix or one note I'd change. I vote for Side 1.

Here she comes, gotta run. wink.gif

Schro

Grand Finale because it's chaotic and then he says "we have assumed control".

They rocked this on the r30 tour.

Difficult choice but, in the end (no pun intended), I had to go with Grand Finale.

The opening riff is brilliant while the whole thing builds up to a climax of staggering power. Plus, when I first heard, I literally go goosebumps when I heard 'Attention All planets of the Solar Federation' - it was like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

QUOTE (Slaine mac Roth @ Feb 16 2005, 01:05 PM)
Difficult choice but, in the end (no pun intended), I had to go with Grand Finale.

The opening riff is brilliant while the whole thing builds up to a climax of staggering power. Plus, when I first heard, I literally go goosebumps when I heard 'Attention All planets of the Solar Federation' - it was like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

When I first heard the beginning of Grand Finale, I immediately had the riff from Led Zep's Communication Breakdown playing in my mind! I have never really recovered from that so I sometimes skip the final part alltogether... ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

I've chosen The Dream, it's the most intense part for me.

In particular I love the moment when suddenly we hear "I stand atop..."

But the whole song is excellent,every part is necessary to make this suite a masterpiece.

Archived