Announce - Geddy Lee's Personal Plaques Available

marjay2

Two of Geddy's Lee's personal plaques are now listed on Ebay for sale, celebrating his 1980 Tour (Permanent Waves) and a fun 'Wanted' plaque featuring himself, Alex Lifeson & Neil Peart.

To view the item, go to Ebay.ca or Ebay.com and find Item #3873748596

One chance, true treasure.

Isn't the listing on ebay promotion enough... I saw this item last night and allready wondered about it's authenticity. Only makes me wonder......Anyway, alot of money for something I could make in shop class and tell you it belonged to Geddy...or whoever..

Hey, I have some used guitar strings that came off of Alex's guitar. I'll sell them to the highest bidder. Minimum bid $100. And if you buy the strings, I have a bridge that you might be interested in. cool.gif

Very funny - a bit cheezy? Maybe - but we have better things to do than spend 100 hours to produce 'slabs of wood' for $200 to defraud the public.

They're genuine. Take it or leave it.

Contact me if you need more info to qualify them.

I have some question to this.

#1, why would someone who has spent millions on a house care about selling something like this they found in it for $200? Seems more effort than it is worth.

#2, is there any proof that this was in Geddy's house as you claim?

#3, don't you hate it when people join a board only to peddle their merchandise?

Sorry, call me a pessimist.

QUOTE (marjay2 @ Feb 15 2005, 11:39 AM)
Very funny - a bit cheezy? Maybe - but we have better things to do than spend 100 hours to produce 'slabs of wood' for $200 to defraud the public.
They're genuine. Take it or leave it.
Contact me if you need more info to qualify them.

Leave it!! You may not have the time to produce these frauds, but you sure have time to check back here often and look for possible victim responses & inquiries.

Interesting!

I require no further information..you've provided quite enough for me.

moon.gif

QUOTE (Apollo was astonished @ Feb 15 2005, 11:50 AM)
I have some question to this.

#1, why would someone who has spent millions on a house care about selling something like this they found in it for $200? Seems more effort than it is worth.

#2, is there any proof that this was in Geddy's house as you claim?

#3, don't you hate it when people join a board only to peddle their merchandise?

Sorry, call me a pessimist.

Yeah! Like we can't see the joined date. We may be fanatics but we're not STUPID, right?

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 15 2005, 11:26 AM)
Hey, I have some used guitar strings that came off of Alex's guitar. I'll sell them to the highest bidder. Minimum bid $100. And if you buy the strings, I have a bridge that you might be interested in. cool.gif

Can I combine shipping charges if I purchase both? Huh? Huh? Tell me quick...I just gotta have these..

icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Hi

Being a Fan of Rush like everybody here I decided to become member of the Rush forum.Of couse I was very surprised when I saw thoses plaques.I live in lake simcoe and recall very well witch house Geddy Lee lived.

Do not worry Marjay2 you will find comments like that everywhere!!

Some Fans think they own this site however I keep a close watch on E-Bay.....

Good luck wink.gif

QUOTE (simco fan @ Feb 15 2005, 03:04 PM)
Hi
Being a Fan of Rush like everybody here I decided to become member of the Rush forum.Of couse I was very surprised when I saw thoses plaques.I live in lake simcoe and recall very well witch house Geddy Lee lived.

Good luck wink.gif

I guess you must live on the same street as marjay - you should have some beers together, as your IP# is identical! Wow! What a coincidence!

Hi

Good luck wink.gif

This post smells like bullsh**!!

Looks like Marjay2 has 2 new handles here on the Rush Forum, I dunno maybe?

confused13.gif

So you recall which house Geddy lived in? I guess you are so familiar with it and subsequently Marjay and her purchase of it that you recognize these plaques and their place in the home. What gave it away, the photos on e-bay?

or something else?

????????

Hi

Good luck wink.gif

Being a big fan and all, I checked out your personal info...Couldn't help but notice your favorite Rush song is 'all'. Don't think I know that one. What's wrong, you can't even name 1 Rush song in order to at least look real? Pretty lame...My dog knows Tom Sawyer..

GEEZ!

laugh.gif Leave some skin for me everyone!!! laugh.gif Just kidding, I aint gonna rip em a new one, you all are doing a fine job!!! You all rock!! 1022.gif

I did think this thread said plagues tho...

Why the hostility? I don't see why someone would go to the trouble of producing these to defraud a buyer for $200. Geddy did have a place on Lake Simcoe, and to me they look "authentic". If you don't like them, or don't think they are worth the money - fine. But, why slag the seller. Unless you have some proof that they are fake, let us know. Just ignore it otherwise. And I am fairly new to this forum, but in no way related to the seller.

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Feb 15 2005, 05:41 PM)
Why the hostility? I don't see why someone would go to the trouble of producing these to defraud a buyer for $200. Geddy did have a place on Lake Simcoe, and to me they look "authentic". If you don't like them, or don't think they are worth the money - fine. But, why slag the seller. Unless you have some proof that they are fake, let us know. Just ignore it otherwise. And I am fairly new to this forum, but in no way related to the seller.

Dude wake up... 2 People, same IP adress, same join date peddling Rush merchandise... Can you say pathetic? wink.gif

Oh sorry I just woke up! Thanks for the help pal! Listen - I joined this forum as a long time Rush fan (longer than probably 95% of the members here). I find it interesting to read a lot of the threads for update info on the band. Others have absolutely no interest to me, but I wouldn't think of objecting to them being here. This is a forum for ALL things Rush, unless I am misunderstanding it. I have no problem, as a Rush fan, having people, including sellers draw attention to auctions of interest. I laugh at the indignance of those who feel sellers should not join a forum just to promote what they have for sale. What - is it somehow breaching the code of ethics of the sacred Rush forum?! If I had items like that, and had no other interest or knowledge of Rush, I would do a google search and post on any Rush related forums. I never understand why people get so upset over internet posts. No one is forcing you to read them, and they really aren't that bothersome if you just ignore them. That being said, I agree that setting up another ID was really silly and transparent, but the slagging started before the second pseudonym appeared. Thanks again, Greg

Its all a question of reliability. Why would I spend my hard earned $ on this Ebay item from a person who signs up here solely to hock his wares? I wouldn't.

And just like telemarketers, if I want to buy something like this, I will search Ebay myself for it and find it. I don't need someone coming into my home (TRF) only to make a buck for himself.

Would I think less of a long time member here saying hey, here's an item I placed on Ebay if you're interested? No. That's like a family member letting me know about a bargain. This yahoo comes in here ONLY TO SELL HIS CRAP (then defiles what little credibility he had by creating 'support' from an alter, which really isn't the issue we're discussing) to a captive audience. That is LAME.

Just my humble opinion. smile.gif

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Feb 16 2005, 09:52 AM)
Oh sorry I just woke up! Thanks for the help pal! Listen - I joined this forum as a long time Rush fan (longer than probably 95% of the members here). I find it interesting to read a lot of the threads for update info on the band. Others have absolutely no interest to me, but I wouldn't think of objecting to them being here. This is a forum for ALL things Rush, unless I am misunderstanding it. I have no problem, as a Rush fan, having people, including sellers draw attention to auctions of interest. I laugh at the indignance of those who feel sellers should not join a forum just to promote what they have for sale. What - is it somehow breaching the code of ethics of the sacred Rush forum?! If I had items like that, and had no other interest or knowledge of Rush, I would do a google search and post on any Rush related forums. I never understand why people get so upset over internet posts. No one is forcing you to read them, and they really aren't that bothersome if you just ignore them. That being said, I agree that setting up another ID was really silly and transparent, but the slagging started before the second pseudonym appeared. Thanks again, Greg

Greg you just said it yourself setting up a second address was silly and transparent .Add to that the same IP address and peddling of unofficial merchandise and what do you have? I could care less if you want to come on here and sell frilly underware, just don't insult everyones intelligence by trying to pull off something so inane. wink.gif

QUOTE (neilpeart_gal @ Feb 16 2005, 10:05 AM)
Its all a question of reliability. Why would I spend my hard earned $ on this Ebay item from a person who signs up here solely to hock his wares? I wouldn't.

And just like telemarketers, if I want to buy something like this, I will search Ebay myself for it and find it. I don't need someone coming into my home (TRF) only to make a buck for himself.

Would I think less of a long time member here saying hey, here's an item I placed on Ebay if you're interested? No. That's like a family member letting me know about a bargain. This yahoo comes in here ONLY TO SELL HIS CRAP (then defiles what little credibility he had by creating 'support' from an alter, which really isn't the issue we're discussing) to a captive audience. That is LAME.

Just my humble opinion. smile.gif

goodpost.gif

Looks like the tribe has spoken.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 15 2005, 03:11 PM)

Good luck  wink.gif

I guess you must live on the same street as marjay - you should have some beers together, as your IP# is identical! Wow! What a coincidence!

yes.gif way to go darlin'... looks like he picked the wrong forum for his little scam. tongue.gif

Archived