Moonraker's "Name That Rush Tune" #5

Moonraker

Moonraker's Clip Contest #4

Begins Thursday, Feb. 17th, 5pm EST (2pm PST)

THE PRIZE:

The remastered 3 DVD set of Rush playing Radio City Music Hall during the 2004 R30 tour. This prize is being generously donated by BB&B (thank you bekloppt.gif )

RULES:

This contest is comprised of 10 randomly selected Rush songs, each .75 seconds in length. Total length will be 7.5 seconds.

All songs are from studio album only, no live material. All songs will be recorded by Rush, no other artists will be featured. This ranges from Rush in 1974 to Feedback in 2004. It is possible that more then one clip will come from the same Album or even the same song.

To enter a guess, make a list of what you think the 10 songs are. You must provide a complete list of 10 guesses with every guess. I will check the board as often as I can and will give a reply in the form of "3/10 correct" (or 4/10 correct, 7/10 correct, etc.) and will say nothing more. I reserve the right to offer hints if I feel the contest is dragging out.

The first person to correctly guess all 10 songs will recieve the prize. If multiple people give the correct answer before I have time to reply, the first person to post will be declared the winner.

***NEW RULE***

Only one guess may be submitted for the first 24 hours of the contest, so only one guess for everyone until 5pm EST, 2pm PST regardless of when I respond to it. After that point, all previous rules apply

WHERES THE CLIP:

http://www.therushforum.com/Moonraker/guessme5.wav

If you have any problems or questions, feel free to private message my TRF handle, or email me at EvanMacD03@yahoo.com. Good luck to you all on Thursday

Edited by Moonraker

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 14 2005, 09:26 PM)
***NEW RULE***
Only one guess may be submitted for the first 24 hours of the contest, so only one guess for everyone until 5pm EST, 2pm PST regardless of when I respond to it. After that point, all previous rules apply

Hmph. You all really are getting off easy. laugh.gif

I just want to have a go or three sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

fists crying.gif

Ahh....just seen new rule new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Edited by rickyrob

Oh man sad.gif

At 4 PM CST tomorrow I'll be waiting around for my Mom to be finished with her doctor's appointment in Nashville. Last time I looked there was no Internet terminal in the waiting room wink.gif (3 pm appt, but trust me, we won't be out by 4)

But y'know no matter WHAT Moonraker does someone's going to have a problem with the start time laugh.gif

[/non-serious mode]Why do I envision myself calling NPG and asking her to play the clip over the phone? [/end non-serious] (yes NPG I still have your cell # ... rofl3.gif )

Hopefully by the time I can get a listen the contest won't be over - that sounds like a most excellent prize.

R-B

who won really nice door prize from a local event last week

but it wasn't Rush-related at all unsure.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 15 2005, 12:26 AM)

so only one guess for everyone until 5pm EST, 2pm PST regardless of when I respond to it. After that point, all previous rules apply

Um my pedantic nature is showing here but I really am unsure ..

"only one guess for everyone"

Does that mean that Red-Barchetta gets one guess and sfuentes gets one guess and rickyrob gets one guess and [insert name] gets one guess etc.

OR

does it mean that the first person to post a guess puts a stop to the contest until 24 hours have elapsed?

R-B

who is also this way about details in real life

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Feb 16 2005, 03:36 PM)

so only one guess for everyone until 5pm EST, 2pm PST regardless of when I respond to it.  After that point, all previous rules apply

Does that mean that Red-Barchetta gets one guess and sfuentes gets one guess and rickyrob gets one guess and [insert name] gets one guess etc.

OR

does it mean that the first person to post a guess puts a stop to the contest until 24 hours have elapsed?

R-B

I means on guess for everyone. This makes it a level playing field (almost) for the first 24 hrs.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Feb 16 2005, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Feb 16 2005, 03:36 PM)

so only one guess for everyone until 5pm EST, 2pm PST regardless of when I respond to it.  After that point, all previous rules apply

OR

R-B

I means on guess for everyone. This makes it a level playing field (almost) for the first 24 hrs.

Hey Ricky I don't think your answer will help as you gave a word for word quote of what moon already siad. wink.gif

It means 1 guess for each person R-B

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Feb 16 2005, 03:07 PM)
Thank you Digital Man  smile.gif

That seemed the MUCH more likely of the 2 possibilites, but I _am_ new around here and don't know how Moonraker's mind works. 

(but does anyone know how Moonraker's mind works?)

R-B

...neuropeptides and um, seafoam, with a corpus callosum thicker than most.

QUOTE (Red-Barchetta @ Feb 16 2005, 02:07 PM)
Thank you Digital Man smile.gif

That seemed the MUCH more likely of the 2 possibilites, but I _am_ new around here and don't know how Moonraker's mind works.

R-B

No doubt, he's a wicked smart young pup.

Thank you Digital Man smile.gif

R-B

Wanna know my secret....

Hamsters are secretly running the show by running on treadmills.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 16 2005, 10:01 PM)
Thank you Digital Man  smile.gif

R-B

Wanna know my secret....

Hamsters are secretly running the show by running on treadmills.

laugh.gif

buncha dancin hamsters 653.gif

laugh.gif

Moon - Did we ever figure out a suitable handicap for sfuentes?

Here's my idea. We have someone call him up and whistle their interpretation of the clip to him over the phone. Might just cause enough of a delay to give some of us a shot.

cool.gif

Schro

(you da man, sfuentes - I'm just jealous)