What was your favorite surprise

RushRevisited

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Sep 7 2004, 12:15 PM)
The R30 Overture. Awesome, but a giant tease! laugh.gif

Yeah I gotta agree with you there. If they played ANY of those 7 songs in their full I would have crapped my pants right there. I have to admit though, hearing the initial chords of Finding My Way being used as an opener DEFINATLY got me into full on screaming/crazy mode bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif bncegrn.gif

I would say the Overture was a nice surprise although nothing was unexpected by the time I finally saw them in August because I knew the setlist on opening night..hehe

I guess the best "surprise" for me in Montreal was having a couple of the "Trailer Park Boys" come out and feed the dryers cool.gif

kam

mine has to be meetin Sing!! lol From what indica told me bout him is...hes a english teacher in NYc...so i had in my mind he was this ol stuffy hippy dood thats into rush icon_really_happy_guy.gif

what a nice surpprize he was the complete opposite of what my mind made him out to be applaudit.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 7 2004, 04:18 PM)
mine has to be meetin Sing!! lol From what indica told me bout him is...hes a english teacher in NYc...so i had in my mind he was this ol stuffy hippy dood thats into rush icon_really_happy_guy.gif
what a nice surpprize he was the complete opposite of what my mind made him out to be applaudit.gif

ooooh yea and with the concert....the covers they did..i had no clue

What was your favorite surprise, from this tour?

Three things:

*10th row Alex in Nashville instead of 2112th row, section YYZ smile.gif

*Going to Vegas, seeing the desert with my Rush-bro, RR wub.gif

*Seeing Rush at RCMH with ANOTHER Rush-bro, 1-0-0-1 wub.gif

BONUS: Meeting so many of you SUPERCOOL folks!

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 7 2004, 05:22 PM)
What was your favorite surprise, from this tour?

Three things:

*10th row Alex in Nashville instead of 2112th row, section YYZ smile.gif

LOL biggrin.gif

*Going to Vegas, seeing the desert with my Rush-bro, RR  wub.gif

Screw him! tongue.gif

*Seeing Rush at RCMH with ANOTHER Rush-bro, 1-0-0-1  wub.gif

653.gif wub.gif

Xanadu, the trees, red barchetta, and 2112 all in one night, It reminded me of the first time I saw rush on the moving pictures tour.

The Best surprise was how much I enjoyed the Covers. At first I was a little ticked because I thought they should have played Rush tunes instead, but after seeing the show (twice!), the Covers where one of the highlights of the show.

I had two good surprises this tour.

1) I sat right behind the SUPER FANS in Vegas & got to talk to them for a while & find out how/where they get all their RUSH stuff.

2) At RCMH I sat next to a guy in his 50's who first saw RUSH on a capmus in Toronto when he was in school in the early 70's. He has seem them at least once every tour since then.

EXTRA BONUS:

All of the phenomenal people I got to meet from all over the country this summer.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 8 2004, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 8 2004, 11:06 AM)

EXTRA BONUS:
All of the phenomenal people I got to meet from all over the country this summer.

yes.gif trink39.gif

That is SO true...I mentioned the same thing in my earlier post in this thread. But when I stop and really consider it---getting to know you guys and meeting some of you (ES, RR, DM, 1-0-0-1, Sing, Soliloquy, Indica, Donna....just to name a FEW) has literally changed my life! It's like...Hey! There's a world outside of Podunk, Alabama. smile.gif

Some of you are so very dear to me! You know who you are. wub.gif

And then there's all the folks I didn't get to meet yet (BSG, TP, Snowdog, Jack, Quyn and so many others)...we have to plan a get-together next year, or I'll be sad!

Hey! 500th post for me. cheer.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Sep 8 2004, 07:06 AM)
EXTRA BONUS:

I was only lucky enough to meet a few people, daveyt, earthshine, and chipper. But the show I met and sat with them definatly made the night so much better.

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Sep 8 2004, 11:41 AM)

EXTRA BONUS:

yes.gif trink39.gif

That is SO true...I mentioned the same thing in my earlier post in this thread. But when I stop and really consider it---getting to know you guys and meeting some of you (ES, RR, DM, 1-0-0-1, Sing, Soliloquy, Indica, Donna....just to name a FEW) has literally changed my life! It's like...Hey! There's a world outside of Podunk, Alabama. smile.gif

And then there's all the folks I didn't get to meet yet (BSG, TP, Snowdog, Jack, Quyn and so many others)...we have to plan a get-together next year, or I'll be sad!

Pedro = Chopped Liver

For me, it was being able to go. The night of their Bonner Springs show was the only time in the last 5 years I've been outside my house. THAT was a real shocker! I couldn't see much because the Verizon Amphetheater in Bonner Springs didn't have anyplace to put me except right behind the last row of the lower section (so when people stood up, my view was blocked), but I could hear them, and it was WONDERFUL!

Hopefully, such excursions will soon be less rare - my insurance company has gotten me a powered wheelchair, and as soon as my hubby and I can find a minivan that we can afford to transport it and me in, I'll be able to go out a lot more.... but I wouldn't have even tried to get it hadn't been for the encouragement of other Rush fans who were trying to help me get to the show.... trink39.gif

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Sep 8 2004, 11:44 PM)

EXTRA BONUS:

yes.gif trink39.gif

Pedro = Chopped Liver

Awwww, Pedro! I'm sorry! Notice I said, "to name a FEW." I didn't mean to leave you out!

I remember sitting with you in the sports bar and leaving you a couple of smokes! wink.gif

Again, my sincere apologies... smile.gif

EXTRA BONUS:

yes.gif trink39.gif

Awwww! wub.gif

Hope to meet more of y'all next time, as well! (That's how w'all talk in the south, right, GG? wink.gif )

QUOTE (BSG @ Sep 9 2004, 02:07 PM)
Hope to meet more of y'all next time, as well! (That's how w'all talk in the south, right, GG? wink.gif )

Yessir, we shore do.

Archived