Blackfield

The Owl

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ May 1 2011, 11:13 AM)
There's a recording of the 4/28 show up on the Dime , grab it before Steven finds out . laugh.gif

I know PT was on the ANA list on Dime, (haven't been over to that site in a while), but is Blackfield on that list as well? I was under the impression the reason that Porcupine Tree was on the ANA list was something to do with Atlantic Records, and not the band itself...

What label is Blackfield under?

Nope... Even after more trying, new record still = poop.

Not a fan of Geffen songs... Steven Wilson okay. But there's only one SW song on the record.

The reason I will spend the money for a ticket is not to hear the whole new record that I do not care for, but that Anathema is the support act they are bringing with from the UK. They are fukkin' brill, and I can't wait to see them live.

Steven Wilson - Official page
Folks, just to clarify news elsewhere of a new Blackfield album coming this year - please note that this time my involvement will be as a contributor rather than a member. I will still be mixing the album, and maybe sing on a couple of Aviv's songs (there will be other guest singers I understand), but with my complete blessing Blackfield is now under his sole curatorship, a process which really began with Welcome to My DNA.

Well, at least he dosen't get rid of PT.

I love Aviv as well, but I'll miss Steven's more direct involvement. After all, he is ALSO Blackfield to me. Outside Porcupine Tree, it's my favorite of Wilson's projects; so I'm a bit saddened by this. I'm happy they'll carry on and with Wilson's contributions, but the actual divide is disappointing to me this morning. sad.gif

I was actually a bit dumbfounded when I read the posting. I'm sure Steven will still have interest in the project, but maybe it's good that Aviv is being given more control. He writes pretty good songs for a pop artist. Maybe that's why Steven doesn't want so much involvement, he can't write 23 minute songs with Blackfield.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jan 3 2012, 09:44 PM)
I love Aviv as well, but I'll miss Steven's more direct involvement. After all, he is ALSO Blackfield to me. Outside Porcupine Tree, it's my favorite of Wilson's projects; so I'm a bit saddened by this. I'm happy they'll carry on and with Wilson's contributions, but the actual divide is disappointing to me this morning. sad.gif

Yeah I agree, they're both 50%!

On the last album it was really obvious that SW is also a sound. It still sounds like him even though he didn't write it.

Sounds pretty good! I'm not worry about the lack of Steven Wilson since he was not very involved with that album.

I wonder who the guest vocalists will be. A while ago, Vincent Cavanagh was announced as a guest for one track so hopefully he's still going to appear on a song.

THIS BAND RULES! All four albums are great! Melodic and melancholy! Music to cry too during a heartbreak. This shit keeps my broken heart strong!!!

This song hit me hard today.

"PAIN"

Here I'm standing on the seashore

She is gone, now she's gone

All the angels praying for me

As I fall, as I fall

While I'm melting in the rain, deep in pain, she is so far

Will we ever meet again as friends, after so long?

To me nightmare with the devil

I'll go strong, I'll go strong

All my friends now try to save me

What a joke, what a joke

When I'm melting in the rain, deep in pain, she is so far

While I'm melting in the rain, deep in pain, she is so far

• Like 1