Blackfield

The Owl

I love these two albums, they are completly diffrent from PT, but yet still so good.

Anyone else digging these albums? I do like the first album a little better, but the second is still great.

Probably my faviorate song of thiers is "It's Cloudy Now"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w225LWpdLB4

"We are a f*cked up generation"!!!!!!

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 9 2008, 12:13 PM)
I love them too. I only have the second, but I should be getting the first and DVD anytime soon.

50% of the time I prefer BF to PT. I don't know how much input Aviv has, but Steven's best songs seem to be the ones where he's focused with only 4 minutes to write in. But that's just me.

Aviv writes pretty much all of the Blackfield material, except for a few songs. Actually, a majority of the songs are ones that Aviv has previously released on his hebrew albums, and they've gone back and re-recorded them.

QUOTE (vaportrail @ Sep 9 2008, 06:40 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 9 2008, 12:13 PM)
I love them too. I only have the second, but I should be getting the first and DVD anytime soon.

50% of the time I prefer BF to PT. I don't know how much input Aviv has, but Steven's best songs seem to be the ones where he's focused with only 4 minutes to write in. But that's just me.

Aviv writes pretty much all of the Blackfield material, except for a few songs. Actually, a majority of the songs are ones that Aviv has previously released on his hebrew albums, and they've gone back and re-recorded them.

I was under the impression only four have been re-recorded. That's not exactly a majority.

But yeah, seems Aviv does the majority. Still, my favourites from BFII seem to be SW written.

You're right, not the majority. If I remember right it's Cloudy Now, 1000 People, Glow, End of the World, Epidemic, and there's at least one or two more I can't think of that have appeared elsewhere before.

It's funny, I actually think SW's songs are the weakest on both of the albums. Except Lullaby. Love that one, especially the 7 minute version. Hopefully we get to hear the full 16 minute one sometime.

Hopefully after the hubub over the new PT album has died down a bit and they can take a break from touring, I would love to see a new BF album..

I have been listening to alot of BF 1 and 2 latley (I still need the DVD) and these are two greatly underappreciated albums... a different monster from PT, but these songs have some true beauty.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 10 2008, 03:35 AM)
I love them.  I actually prefer the second album to the first one, however.  But it's splitting hairs. 

Their concert DVD is enjoyable too.

Ditto for me. The DVD is great and worth picking up.

QUOTE (Shifty @ Aug 14 2009, 02:14 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Sep 10 2008, 03:35 AM)
I love them.  I actually prefer the second album to the first one, however.  But it's splitting hairs. 

Their concert DVD is enjoyable too.

Ditto for me. The DVD is great and worth picking up.

I should be getting around to picking up a copy as well.

bumper.gif

With all the newcomers to Porcupine Tree within the last few months, I figured that this band, one of SW side projects needs pimping as well.......

Great Band....... I adjusted my sig for the month to a Blackfield song..

I also picked up the live release recently.........f***ing EPIC! It has both a DVD and a audio version, in a stacked jewel case...

Very good.

Two of the greatest records ever made.

Counting the days for "Blackfield III."

I am sure you have the reissue of LIVE IN NYC. It comes with the live dvd and cd!!!!

I am not a guitar player but I have a nice blue Ovation that I strum.

I love playing along to Blackfield.

They rule. 1022.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 9 2008, 07:01 AM)
I love these two albums, they are completly diffrent from PT, but yet still so good.

Anyone else digging these albums? I do like the first album a little better, but the second is still great.

Listening to BLACKFIELD II right now.

Slow and haunting true, yet majestic and melodic. It's pure melancholy madness! PERFECT!

Two masterpieces.

Wendy thinks that there is something "missing" in these two albums.

She prefers the Porcupine Tree stuff.

I love both bands equally.

Dying to see Blackfield live.

Missed The Fillmore show a few years ago.

Oh well.

Love,

"Some Day" wink.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 15 2010, 08:26 AM)
QUOTE (The Owl @ Sep 9 2008, 07:01 AM)

Anyone else digging these albums?  I do like the first album a little better, but the second is still great. 

Listening to BLACKFIELD II right now.

Slow and haunting true, yet majestic and melodic. It's pure melancholy madness! PERFECT!

Two masterpieces.

Wendy thinks that there is something "missing" in these two albums.

She prefers the Porcupine Tree stuff.

I love both bands equally.

Dying to see Blackfield live.

Missed The Fillmore show a few years ago.

Oh well.

Love,

"Some Day" wink.gif

Wendy is right.

All of Steven Wilson's projects are very different from each other.... Blackfield is purposefully not Porcupine Tree, nor his solo material, or Bass Communion, or No-Man... (Though I have not listened to too much of BC, or NM)

Each project offers something different...... which is good.

QUOTE (Natch @ Apr 27 2011, 05:43 PM)
Just got tickets to see Blackfield in NYC. Anyone else going?

I'll be there.

The new album is getting better and better after every listen. I think its better than the debut, but not as good as II. Great band, can't wait to see them.