True Blood

Necromancer

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 21 2010, 08:22 AM)
re: last Sunday's episode called "Trouble:"

man, I'm tempted to say that this show just gets better and better, but more realistically, it probably just maintains a very high quality. this show is just insanely good. i seem to be perpetually in a state of dying to know what happens next!

Last Sunday's ep was a very good one. Now the question is "what exactly is Sookie?"

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 22 2010, 04:59 AM)

man, I'm tempted to say that this show just gets better and better, but more realistically, it probably just maintains a very high quality.  this show is just insanely good.  i seem to be perpetually in a state of dying to know what happens next!

Last Sunday's ep was a very good one. Now the question is "what exactly is Sookie?"

I loved the way the vampire king reacted to her power. You get the impression that some of these older vampires have been around for so long that they get excited just by seeing something they've never seen before.

But yes, of course, what exactly IS she. confused13.gif smile.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Jul 22 2010, 06:59 AM)

man, I'm tempted to say that this show just gets better and better, but more realistically, it probably just maintains a very high quality.  this show is just insanely good.  i seem to be perpetually in a state of dying to know what happens next!

My eldest reads all the Sookie Stackhouse books and if you want to know what Sookie is I can tell you.

This show is so good, it hurts. Every episode is just out of this world amazing. Never have I been so conscious before while watching a show about how much time has passed and how much time is left before I have to wait a whole week for the next episode! This is definitely the best show on television right now, and one of the very best ever.

Well, here's my weekly bumping of the thread about the best show currently on television that most everyone completely ignores. unsure.gif

Anyway, last night's episode again was incredible. Is it just me (apparently), or does this show literally get better every single week? I love the level of complexity it goes to with all the different storylines, even though some in this thread in the past have complained about it. For me it just makes for that much more of a diverse and involved show.

I have to love the line "Sookie, I know what you are." Of course they're going to make us wait another full week to tell us!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 16 2010, 09:20 AM)
I have to love the line "Sookie, I know what you are." Of course they're going to make us wait another full week to tell us!

I knew as soon as he said it, we weren't finding out this week biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Aug 16 2010, 05:43 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 16 2010, 09:20 AM)
I have to love the line "Sookie, I know what you are."  Of course they're going to make us wait another full week to tell us!

I knew as soon as he said it, we weren't finding out this week biggrin.gif

Hey, someone responded in this thread other than me! tongue.gif trink39.gif

I suspected that too, but at least we'll find out next week!* biggrin.gif

*I hope... unsure.gif

QUOTE (Brizel @ Aug 17 2010, 08:29 AM)
haha that was one hell of a news cast.

What was the last line? Something like, "And now for the weather... Tiffany?"

I don't know how they can make things so violent and brutal while still being so hilarious at the same time!

And Jason with his wooden bullets - had to love that! wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 17 2010, 07:33 AM)
QUOTE (Brizel @ Aug 17 2010, 08:29 AM)
haha that was one hell of a news cast.

What was the last line? Something like, "And now for the weather... Tiffany?"

I don't know how they can make things so violent and brutal while still being so hilarious at the same time!

And Jason with his wooden bullets - had to love that! wink.gif

Yeah i totally wasn't expecting wooden bullets! My Lady was all excited that he came back because she has a crush on him. Im glad he died right away haha!

Well, at least we know what Sookie is now! biggrin.gif

Admittedly, it was a bit of an anti-climactic letdown, but I suspected it would be. Still though, another truly excellent show this week. I swear, that hour passes by like it was a minute. They should play True Blood for people waiting at the DMV - the time would just fly by! tongue.gif

I only got halfway through the first season. I might be going back to school.

Who knows when I'll finish it

The show is horrible in almost every respect. It came out to capitalize on Twilight (which sucked sparkly vampire nuts to begin with) and sadly, somehow succeeded. Go watch Van Helsig, the last decent vampire movie.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 16 2011, 06:04 AM)
The show is horrible in almost every respect. It came out to capitalize on Twilight (which sucked sparkly vampire nuts to begin with) and sadly, somehow succeeded. Go watch Van Helsig, the last decent vampire movie.

How many episodes have you actually watched?

True Blood is based on a series of books called The Southern Vampire Mysteries which started in 2001, a full four years before the first Twilight book, not to mention that the first episode of True Blood aired a full 2 1/2 months before the first Twilight movie came out.

And then look at the stories/movies. The Twilight series is like Disney compared to the graphic sex and violence of True Blood. And Twilight has almost none of True Blood's humor, so if you think it's a Twilight rip-off, you're sorely mistaken.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Twilight movies are great, but besides Twilight and True Blood both being vampire-based stories, they're radically different shows.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 16 2011, 09:25 AM)

True Blood is based on a series of books called The Southern Vampire Mysteries which started in 2001, a full four years before the first Twilight book, not to mention that the first episode of True Blood aired a full 2 1/2 months before the first Twilight movie came out.

And then look at the stories/movies. The Twilight series is like Disney compared to the graphic sex and violence of True Blood. And Twilight has almost none of True Blood's humor, so if you think it's a Twilight rip-off, you're sorely mistaken.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Twilight movies are great, but besides Twilight and True Blood both being vampire-based stories, they're radically different shows.

My mistake. I only heard of True Blood well after the first movie came out, and the episode I saw was predictable at best.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 16 2011, 08:04 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 16 2011, 09:25 AM)

My mistake. I only heard of True Blood well after the first movie came out, and the episode I saw was predictable at best.

Kind of hard to accurately judge a show after one episode, but just my opinion...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 9 2010, 04:34 PM)
This show is so good, it hurts. Every episode is just out of this world amazing. Never have I been so conscious before while watching a show about how much time has passed and how much time is left before I have to wait a whole week for the next episode! This is definitely the best show on television right now, and one of the very best ever.

I love True Blood not many TV shows grab my attention but this one did.I has been well received in the UK.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 20 2011, 03:59 PM)
Not my favorite season so far, the new one.

We are on season 3 is that the last across the pond ?.If you are from there ?

Edited by Exit