Miami Dolphins 2008/9 Season Thread

Huck

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Dec 28 2008, 10:03 PM)
Good on ya, fish. What odds I could have gotten on Mia to win the division in Aug. doh.gif

What odds could ANYONE have gotten? They've truly surpassed expectations this season. I thought we'd see improvement, but even a winning season would have been a pleasant surprise. This I never expected, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it!

Congrats to the Fins. Outstanding accomplishment.

I have been a Ravens fan and season ticket holder since the franchise began 12 years ago. I am looking forward to a great game from both teams. I don't like to talk a whole lot of smack but I would be interested in make a silly bet involving sig files or some such. Anyone want in?

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Dec 31 2008, 01:21 AM)

I have been a Ravens fan and season ticket holder since the franchise began 12 years ago. I am looking forward to a great game from both teams. I don't like to talk a whole lot of smack but I would be interested in make a silly bet involving sig files or some such. Anyone want in?

I'll bite. I'll sport a Ravens sig if you win, of your choosing. If the Dolphins win it then I think PhilsFriendMatt has a perfect sig for you! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 31 2008, 05:01 PM)

I'll bite. I'll sport a Ravens sig if you win, of your choosing. If the Dolphins win it then I think PhilsFriendMatt has a perfect sig for you! biggrin.gif

OK, you are on. The loser must include a sig from the winner's team through the Superbowl?

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jan 1 2009, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 31 2008, 05:01 PM)

OK, you are on. The loser must include a sig from the winner's team through the Superbowl?

Works for me! Winner chooses the sig!

Well guys and girl, today is the day. I have no predictions to make for this game. I know it's gonna be tough for us to beat Baltimore. I don't feel that it's gonna be a blow out either way. It's gonna be close.

GO PHINS!!!!!!

man miami is doing the same thing they have done all year which is playing not to lose. this is different boys this is win or go home. they have already made 2 big mistakes so now they cant play cautious. they need to go out there and take some chances or baltimore is going to come away with the win

QUOTE (PhilsFriendMatt @ Jan 4 2009, 01:32 PM)
man miami is doing the same thing they have done all year which is playing not to lose. this is different boys this is win or go home. they have already made 2 big mistakes so now they cant play cautious. they need to go out there and take some chances or baltimore is going to come away with the win

their luck will run out today...........

I have nothing against Miami but i hope they get knocked out - If San diego somehow wins the division palyoff game i don't want to face the Phins who have the bolts number over the last couple of years -

now, let's see if they can do something. . .that missed PAT could bite them . . .provided they can start playing some ball now

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 4 2009, 03:47 PM)
Hard luck Dolphins, it's been a an excellent season for though after being 1-15 last year, only The Chargers have surprised me more this year.

trink39.gif

The Chargers? rofl3.gif They play in the most pathetic division in football. 8-8 and you get in the playoffs.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jan 4 2009, 03:55 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jan 4 2009, 03:47 PM)
Hard luck Dolphins, it's been a an excellent season for though after being 1-15 last year, only The Chargers have surprised me more this year.

trink39.gif

The Chargers? rofl3.gif They play in the most pathetic division in football. 8-8 and you get in the playoffs.

True, but they were dead and buried a few weeks back and have come back to knock the (admittedly weak) Broncos and the unbeaten in 9 Colts out of the play-offs. That's what surprised me.

A good season all in all. I think inexperience came to bit them in this one. A bunch of unproven overachievers, they just seemed a little over anxious through the whole game. Now they know they can win football though and they all have a playoff game under their belts. Who knows maybe they can build and get 12 wins next year

^^^Agreed. They seemed rather unsure of themselves throughout the game. Still, given the surprise of the season, it's hard to be TOO disappointed.

Not taking anything away from Baltimore. Their defense was on today.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear from FindingIT. I've lost a bet. New sig forthcoming. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Jan 4 2009, 04:26 PM)
^^^Agreed. They seemed rather unsure of themselves throughout the game. Still, given the surprise of the season, it's hard to be TOO disappointed.
Not taking anything away from Baltimore. Their defense was on today.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear from FindingIT. I've lost a bet. New sig forthcoming. wacko.gif

Working on it right now.

BTW, congrats to the Fins for a season to remember. There are lots of reasons for their team and fans to be proud and optimistic!

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jan 4 2009, 09:35 PM)
^^^Agreed.  They seemed rather unsure of themselves throughout the game.  Still, given the surprise of the season, it's hard to be TOO disappointed.
Not taking anything away from Baltimore.  Their defense was on today.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear from FindingIT. I've lost a bet.  New sig forthcoming. wacko.gif

Working on it right now.

BTW, congrats to the Fins for a season to remember. There are lots of reasons for their team and fans to be proud and optimistic!

trink39.gif trink39.gif

I had a feeling the Ravens D would be too strong for the Fins. Still a remarkable season topped by the victory to clinch the division against the Jets last week. biggrin.gif

We were still in the game until that reverse went wrong in the 4th quarter, the Ravens were on the ropes during that drive. Getting nothing from that drive made it game over from that point.

Congrats to the Ravens, they will be hard to beat for any team.

QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jan 4 2009, 05:35 PM)
^^^Agreed.  They seemed rather unsure of themselves throughout the game.  Still, given the surprise of the season, it's hard to be TOO disappointed.

Now, I'm just waiting to hear from FindingIT. I've lost a bet.  New sig forthcoming. wacko.gif

Working on it right now.

Agreed.

Even though we lost in the first round we have to keep in mind one thing. If someone told us at the beginning of the season that we would go 11-5 and win the division no one would've believed it. Just go back and read the beginning of this thread and you'll see what I mean.

We played well this season, and I knew Baltimore would be a hard game, and it was.

Well there is always next year. Take care my fellow phins fans and will start the Football talk again in the fall. trink39.gif

Other than that I'll see you all in the rest of TRF tongue.gif laugh.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Jan 4 2009, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (Finding IT @ Jan 4 2009, 05:35 PM)

Working on it right now.

Agreed.

Even though we lost in the first round we have to keep in mind one thing. If someone told us at the beginning of the season that we would go 11-5 and win the division no one would've believed it. Just go back and read the beginning of this thread and you'll see what I mean.

We played well this season, and I knew Baltimore would be a hard game, and it was.

Well there is always next year. Take care my fellow phins fans and will start the Football talk again in the fall. trink39.gif

Other than that I'll see you all in the rest of TRF tongue.gif laugh.gif 1022.gif

Looking forward to the rookie draft MM yes.gif

trink39.gif trink39.gif