Miami Dolphins 2008/9 Season Thread

Huck

I predict this will be the least used NFL thread on the board laugh.gif

I also predict the Dolphins will improve on the single win of last season, I like how Parcells and new head coach Tony Soprano (I prefer to call him that) have got tough and I can see already in the pre-season games that the Fins won't be so easy this year no.gif

I boldly predict 6 wins this season unsure.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 5 2008, 05:21 PM)
Six is a realistic number. You hit rock bottom last year and it will be all up for a few more years. Y'all are doing the right thing by stock piling draft picks and letting go/trading older players.

I agree. I think you could easily go 500 though. yes.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 5 2008, 09:21 PM)
Six is a realistic number.  You hit rock bottom last year and it will be all up for a few more years.  Y'all are doing the right thing by stock piling draft picks and letting go/trading older players.

Yeah I have to agree, the future's looking a little brighter right now, but there's still a lot of holes to fill.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 5 2008, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 5 2008, 05:21 PM)
Six is a realistic number.  You hit rock bottom last year and it will be all up for a few more years.  Y'all are doing the right thing by stock piling draft picks and letting go/trading older players.

I agree. I think you could easily go 500 though. yes.gif

Thanks for your optimism Ken, I can't see that happening but you never know laugh.gif

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2008, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 5 2008, 03:30 PM)
I predict this will be the least used NFL thread on the board  laugh.gif

Nah that would be my Niners' thread tongue.gif wink.gif

Been up for a week and just got my first reply this morning laugh.gif

6 wins sounds reasonable...nowhere to go but up right? biggrin.gif

Me and CeeJ will be in your thread. Been too busy with politics and the personal crap this week.

Not that you want MY participation. no.gif

tongue.gif

moon.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 5 2008, 05:54 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2008, 05:44 PM)

Me and CeeJ will be in your thread. Been too busy with politics and the personal crap this week.

Not that you want MY participation. no.gif

tongue.gif

moon.gif

Likewise with Michigan

Irish might actually have a slight chance this year to beat you guys unsure.gif ph34r.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 5 2008, 09:44 PM)

Yep, the only way is up laugh.gif

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Sep 7 2008, 11:46 PM)
Not a bad start at all, oh fishy ones.  I think 6 or 7 wins is doable if you play like this all year, with a few improvements.

Yeah a bit unlucky when Favre just hoisted up into the end zone with his eyes shut and a Jet came up with it rage.gif

Pennington threw a bad one right at the death in the end zone, a lofted ball might have done it, oh well. I think the Jets and the Bills are also much improved this year, it's gonna be tough for the Fins.

QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 7 2008, 08:11 PM)
Not a bad start at all, oh fishy ones.  I think 6 or 7 wins is doable if you play like this all year, with a few improvements.

Yeah a bit unlucky when Favre just hoisted up into the end zone with his eyes shut and a Jet came up with it rage.gif

Pennington threw a bad one right at the death in the end zone, a lofted ball might have done it, oh well. I think the Jets and the Bills are also much improved this year, it's gonna be tough for the Fins.

I thought that the Jets would be easy though. I didn't think Favre would know the system enough yet to be effective. But then again... lofting them up and having someone on his team pull it in has always been an addition to whatever offensive scheme he's running. laugh.gif

I think they looked good though. At least they didn't cough up the win in the final SECOND. angry.gif

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 8 2008, 12:22 AM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 7 2008, 08:11 PM)

I thought that the Jets would be easy though. I didn't think Favre would know the system enough yet to be effective. But then again... lofting them up and having someone on his team pull it in has always been an addition to whatever offensive scheme he's running. laugh.gif

I think they looked good though. At least they didn't cough up the win in the final SECOND. angry.gif

That was a major shock, I thought the Chargers would win that one comfortably. The Panther's are looking very good. I bet no one picked them or the Bears to win this week laugh.gif

Spanky made me watch the game yesterday I thought it was all over At 20-7 I switched it off. Next thing I know the Red Zone channel was showing game every 5 mins . Almost had them I say 5-11 to 7-9 this year for your fins but it still is only week one.

Ricky seemed to run Hard yesterday smile.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Sep 8 2008, 10:19 AM)
Spanky made me watch the game yesterday I thought it was all over At 20-7 I switched it off. Next thing I know the Red Zone channel was showing game every 5 mins . Almost had them  I say 5-11 to 7-9 this year for your fins but it still is only week one.

"Spanky made me watch the game " rofl3.gif

The ironic thing was that the Jets kicker went off injured, so the Jets just went for it on 4th down, and scored a TD doing just that. If the Jets kicker had been okay we may have won laugh.gif

I was surprised how few carries Ricky got angry.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 8 2008, 08:41 AM)
Spanky made me watch the game yesterday I thought it was all over At 20-7 I switched it off. Next thing I know the Red Zone channel was showing game every 5 mins . Almost had them  I say 5-11 to 7-9 this year for your fins but it still is only week one.

The ironic thing was that the Jets kicker went off injured, so the Jets just went for it on 4th down, and scored a TD doing just that. If the Jets kicker had been okay we may have won laugh.gif

Ricky looked horrible. I'm surprised by how few carries Ronnie got. He was the more effective back yesterday.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 8 2008, 01:49 PM)

Ricky looked horrible. I'm surprised by how few carries Ronnie got. He was the more effective back yesterday.

Ronnie's got a bum knee...that's why Ricky was getting more work. As soon as Ronnie is 100% he'll probably be the top dog again in the backfield.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 8 2008, 03:08 PM)

Ronnie's got a bum knee...that's why Ricky was getting more work. As soon as Ronnie is 100% he'll probably be the top dog again in the backfield.

Ronnie is practicing with the first team this week. I have Brown in two FF keepers leagues, so I'm following his road to recovery quite closely.

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Sep 11 2008, 05:34 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 8 2008, 03:08 PM)

Ronnie is practicing with the first team this week. I have Brown in two FF keepers leagues, so I'm following his road to recovery quite closely.

I have Ronnie in TRF1 and also Ricky who I played week 1 hence me being pissed that he didn't get more carries. wink.gif

Ronnie was incredible today. I wish I would've had him in my FF. 4 Rushing and 1 passing touch down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even sweeter is the fact we are demolishing the Pats. No one thought we really stood a chance.

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Modest Man From Mandrake @ Sep 21 2008, 07:49 PM)
Ronnie was incredible today. I wish I would've had him in my FF. 4 Rushing and 1 passing touch down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even sweeter is the fact we are demolishing the Pats. No one thought we really stood a chance.

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!

Great great win, amazing 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

As a foot note I have Ronnie in TRF1 League...sat on the bench rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 21 2008, 03:16 PM)

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!

doh.gif

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Sep 22 2008, 07:05 PM)
QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 21 2008, 03:16 PM)

GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!

doh.gif

yes.gif