My sanity

Dweezil

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 05:55 PM)
I keep a little book.

Oh! You should see!!

In it I write all the lies of reality.

That's a good line.

That's my copyright buster..............

I gotta write enough to fill a whole book ya know. Or I don't get the grant to publish it?

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 05:32 PM)
Do you ever notice that some people glow?

You mean when they're not pregnant?

Hey man. You're f*cking with my karma here.

Try to keep your Karma from running over other people's Dogma.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Feb 13 2005, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 03:35 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 05:32 PM)
Do you ever notice that some people glow?

You mean when they're not pregnant?

Hey man. You're f*cking with my karma here.

Try to keep your Karma from running over other people's Dogma.

Oh that's brilliant man.

Don't f**k with me and I won't f**k with you.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 01:44 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 02:14 PM)
I guess I should be grateful. I had been parking in a valley. Now I can park on the plains once again. However, there is now a mountain of snow piled in the middle of my close?

I have a stupid question: What is a "close?"

Wow. That really f*cked with my sanity. ohmy.gif

I can't find a pic anywhere.

How to describe?

Umm. Well, it's a residential street that is like this:

------o

Straight, with a larger end, so's you can turn around and get out.

At the large end the houses kinda surround it.

house house house

........................... House

----------------------- House

.......................... House

house house house

This probably doesn't make sense.

umm like a cul-de-sac?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 04:27 PM)
Paying bills and keeping relationships intact are considerable challenges for most people. But fighting complacency and ennui is perhaps even more challenging. "I'm not crazy about my job, but it's steady and it pays the bills. I can't start over now..." Or, "I'm not in love with my partner. I'm not appreciated at all, but I'm comfortable here, and it's too late to shake up things in my life..." In this case, Comfortable and happy do not mean the same thing. I guess it's at about this time when the dreaming starts again.

Truer words were never spoken.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 05:04 PM)
Remember when you were young? You had hopes and dreams and curiosity?

Man, don't let that go. Quit being old and accepting status quo. Stop taking pat little answers that sound logical. Don't become one of the masses, man.

Keep dreaming and wondering. Remember how good it felt? Not everything they say is true. Since when did owning a house with a high income and 2.5 children guarantee happiness? Since when did owning things become the ultimate goal of mankind?

When did you stop appreciating nature and the cosmic flow?
I don't need a $300,000.00 house, an SUV and designer clothes to make me happy. I see the sky and the trees and animals and the earth and I say "life is good, man".

What is more rewarding than a day with no stress worrying how the mortgage is being paid at some job I secretly hate? Yeah I work. But only to live. I refuse to live to work man.

There are too many things that this earth has to offer for me to discover than to worry about looking right and living in the right house in the right neighborhood with the right family.

I will never stop wondering and dreaming.

Paying bills and keeping relationships intact are considerable challenges for most people. But fighting complacency and ennui is perhaps even more challenging. "I'm not crazy about my job, but it's steady and it pays the bills. I can't start over now..." Or, "I'm not in love with my partner. I'm not appreciated at all, but I'm comfortable here, and it's too late to shake up things in my life..." In this case, Comfortable and happy do not mean the same thing. I guess it's at about this time when the dreaming starts again.

You're both so right! I left 'the big city' (San Antonio) 7+ years ago to move to the country, and I've never looked back! I make less money, have to plan trips to the mall (60+ miles away), the police dept. closes here on the weekends(really!), and I got no chance for DSL for years! And I'm happier now than I've ever been! smile.gif The beauty of the Ozark mountains, the peace and quiet (unless I've got Rush turned up!), the stars in the sky (you can really see them!). Don't ever say to yourself that "I can't start over now..." because you can... and at any age too! Believe me! I changed careers, turned down raises and incentives to stay too! You wouldn't believe the difference getting away from 'all that' makes in a person... my sanity has returned to normal (normal? well... wink.gif )

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 13 2005, 07:53 PM)
AlienSmiley.gif  1287.gif

That's beautiful, man.

I'm glad you appreciate the complexity of my mind.

Never forget that you don't have to read the thread. We all have choices.

I figured you would like that, Dweez. Here's another one for you. DOUBLE TIME! AlienSmiley.gif AlienSmiley.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif laugh.gif

Archived