My sanity

Dweezil

At 6 am this morning, I am awakened by beeping, roaring and scraping sounds.

At first I thought Xerlan had come to pay a visit. Alas, it was the city works department removing snow from my close. Thank you city of Dead Rear for waking me at 6 am on a weekend. You didn't have the courtesy to kiss me first before you f*cked my sleep patterns.

I guess I should be grateful. I had been parking in a valley. Now I can park on the plains once again. However, there is now a mountain of snow piled in the middle of my close?

Remember when that kid slid down the pile a couple of years ago? And slid right under a moving car? He was just banged up a little, thank Dezeeerlans.

Please remove the mountain before more offspring are injured or killed.

Thanks.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 01:21 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 02:14 PM)
I guess I should be grateful. I had been parking in a valley. Now I can park on the plains once again. However, there is now a mountain of snow piled in the middle of my close?

I have a stupid question: What is a "close?"

Wow. That really f*cked with my sanity. ohmy.gif

I can't find a pic anywhere.

How to describe?

Umm. Well, it's a residential street that is like this:

------o

Straight, with a larger end, so's you can turn around and get out.

At the large end the houses kinda surround it.

house house house

........................... House

----------------------- House

.......................... House

house house house

This probably doesn't make sense.

I put some white eyeshadow on. And then I thought, 'hey wait a minute. Should white be a shadow? Can it be?'

Then I started thinking, 'Am I guilty of misrepresentation when I apply makeup?'

Am I falsely advertising long lashes, lucious lips and flawless complexion?

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 03:44 PM)

How to describe?

------o

house house house

house house house

It makes perfect sense. Also known as a cul-de-sac:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/culdesac.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 13 2005, 01:00 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 03:44 PM)

How to describe?

------o

house house house

house house house

It makes perfect sense. Is it the same as a cul-de-sac?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/culdesac.jpg

I guess that's what they call them in Canuckistan. confused13.gif

Sometimes I wonder; if more than one person talks at once, do the words cross each other. Are they hopelessy tangled? Are they whirling around like a tornado or grooving side by side?

Am I hearing what each person meant? Or is the universe f*cking with us and making us think what we hear is what was meant?

Can the words fight with each other? Why do we think there are strong and weak words. All words have meaning don't they? Is it just how we put them together, like different brush strokes in a painting? Do the words like each other or do they hate it when we put them together and that's what gives them more meaning to us?

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 04:35 PM)
Sometimes I wonder; if more than one person talks at once, do the words cross each other. Are they hopelessy tangled? Are they whirling around like a tornado or grooving side by side?

Am I hearing what each person meant? Or is the universe f*cking with us and making us think what we hear is what was meant?

Can the words fight with each other? Why do we think there are strong and weak words. All words have meaning don't they? Is it just how we put them together, like different brush strokes in a painting? Do the words like each other or do they hate it when we put them together and that's what gives them more meaning to us?

Much like we see what we want to see, we also hear what we want to hear.

I wouldn't like it if the words got mad and sick and tired of us pushing them around.

They might revolt.

What about writing words? Do they like it? Is it stroking their ego?

How can words burn? Evoke hate? Evoke love? They must be pretty powerful. Do they control the people or do the people control them?

Maybe animals are smarter than us. They probably discovered words and said"uh uh!! No way I'm touching those things. Think what kind of trouble they can cause. no siree. Leave that shit alone."

Remember when you were young? You had hopes and dreams and curiosity?

Man, don't let that go. Quit being old and accepting status quo. Stop taking pat little answers that sound logical. Don't become one of the masses, man.

Keep dreaming and wondering. Remember how good it felt? Not everything they say is true. Since when did owning a house with a high income and 2.5 children guarantee happiness? Since when did owning things become the ultimate goal of mankind?

When did you stop appreciating nature and the cosmic flow?

I don't need a $300,000.00 house, an SUV and designer clothes to make me happy. I see the sky and the trees and animals and the earth and I say "life is good, man".

What is more rewarding than a day with no stress worrying how the mortgage is being paid at some job I secretly hate? Yeah I work. But only to live. I refuse to live to work man.

There are too many things that this earth has to offer for me to discover than to worry about looking right and living in the right house in the right neighborhood with the right family.

I will never stop wondering and dreaming.

You take some clear nylon string or some wire. Then you glue tiny little mirrors back to back on it. Randomly or in a design you like. Circles, butterflies, abstract, whatever. Then you hang it in a window. The sun strikes the mirrors and reflects. Sometimes a breeze will set it swinging and you get this crazy light show all over the room.

It's beautiful.

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 13 2005, 05:04 PM)
Remember when you were young? You had hopes and dreams and curiosity?

Man, don't let that go. Quit being old and accepting status quo. Stop taking pat little answers that sound logical. Don't become one of the masses, man.

Keep dreaming and wondering. Remember how good it felt? Not everything they say is true. Since when did owning a house with a high income and 2.5 children guarantee happiness? Since when did owning things become the ultimate goal of mankind?

When did you stop appreciating nature and the cosmic flow?
I don't need a $300,000.00 house, an SUV and designer clothes to make me happy. I see the sky and the trees and animals and the earth and I say "life is good, man".

What is more rewarding than a day with no stress worrying how the mortgage is being paid at some job I secretly hate? Yeah I work. But only to live. I refuse to live to work man.

There are too many things that this earth has to offer for me to discover than to worry about looking right and living in the right house in the right neighborhood with the right family.

I will never stop wondering and dreaming.

Paying bills and keeping relationships intact are considerable challenges for most people. But fighting complacency and ennui is perhaps even more challenging. "I'm not crazy about my job, but it's steady and it pays the bills. I can't start over now..." Or, "I'm not in love with my partner. I'm not appreciated at all, but I'm comfortable here, and it's too late to shake up things in my life..." In this case, Comfortable and happy do not mean the same thing. I guess it's at about this time when the dreaming starts again.

Archived