need help ladies

threesacrowd

Wait. First we have to distinguish between "thin" and "fine." Thin hair = Not a lot there. Fine hair = Strands are "thin." You're saying though that you are losing some hair from the back of your head and you want to know how to make the existing hair appear to be thick (i.e.: making it look like you have a thick head of hair)? Right? Or do you have "fine" hair, just not a lot of it? Either way, there are products (shampoos, etc) that can help. Look for things that say "volumizing." They work well enough I think (I have very fine hair, but a lot of it). You can try some volumizing shampoo and then get a volumizing spray. I would keep the hair short. Long hair is going to add weight and will weigh the hair down, making it not seem very full.

Hope some of this helped. And hopefully you're not shy about trying product in your hair.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 27 2008, 04:42 PM)
ya big jessie laugh.gif wink.gif

spit6ph.gif

z7shysterical.gif

I got a quick question for the beautiful and wise NWW.

Ok so my hair doesnt seem to be growing much at all. My friend said to get my tips cut so it'd take off split ends and make it grow. Is this true? What can I do to make it longer faster?

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 28 2008, 12:04 AM)
My friend said to get my tips cut so it'd take off split ends and make it grow.  Is this true?

yes.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 27 2008, 07:05 PM)
My friend said to get my tips cut so it'd take off split ends and make it grow.  Is this true?

yes.gif

Alright thanks Jaye! wub.gif

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 28 2008, 12:11 AM)

yes.gif

Hey, if there's anyone who knows about growing hair, it's yours truely! wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 27 2008, 07:15 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 28 2008, 12:11 AM)

yes.gif

Hey, if there's anyone who knows about growing hair, it's yours truely! wink.gif biggrin.gif

laugh.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Aug 27 2008, 05:42 PM)
ya big jessie laugh.gif wink.gif

Oh Fridge! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

Embrace your baldness, guys. It happens to all of us...eventually. I say this as a 34 yr old male whose hairline hasn't receded more than 1/2" since I was a teen: it's going to happen to ALL of us if we live long enough. Accept the hairline and the greys. They happen to all of us. And whatever you do - and I think the ladies will agree with me on this one - DON'T grow long hair if you're thinning/receding/balding. That's so not cool. Gallagher is NOT hot.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jun-01-Wed-2005/photos/gallagher.jpg

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 27 2008, 08:30 PM)
Embrace your baldness, guys. It happens to all of us...eventually. I say this as a 34 yr old male whose hairline hasn't receded more than 1/2" since I was a teen: it's going to happen to ALL of us if we live long enough. Accept the hairline and the greys. They happen to all of us. And whatever you do - and I think the ladies will agree with me on this one - DON'T grow long hair if you're thinning/receding/balding. That's so not cool. Gallagher is NOT hot.
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2005/Jun-01-Wed-2005/photos/gallagher.jpg

You are SO right. Long hair + male pattern baldness = Bozo The Clown

Ok so my hair doesnt seem to be growing much at all. My friend said to get my tips cut so it'd take off split ends and make it grow. Is this true? What can I do to make it longer faster?

Its always best to get your hair trimmed every 6 weeks if you can. That will take the split ends off and keep yr hair in good condition. People make the mistake of thinking that their hair wont grow long if you have it regularly trimmed. So...GET A HAIRCUT YOUNG MAN!! rofl3.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (threesacrowd @ Aug 27 2008, 03:29 PM)
I'm a male who has always had long hair,although it seems to thin in the back,I have alot of hair in the back when it grows but thin.I decided to cut it and start fresh.Is there anything I can do as my hair gets longer again to have it be thicker in the back this time.

quit bein such a "Geddy" and pull out the razor!! laugh.gif even Neil shaved his head a few times and has said he loved it!

OK...

if I'm reading this right, threesacrowd, you have fine hair, not thin, right?

Then definitely go for a volumizing shampoo and conditioner.

Also, a well kept secret that I'm about to let you in on...

(Ladies, don't kill me, this guy's reaching out for help, here laugh.gif )

After your shower, don't just comb and go... dry your hair upside down.

Seriously. My hair used to be super fine (I don't know why or how, but it is thicker, now... confused13.gif)

And I would dry my hair upside down to make it appear fuller. IT WORKS!

Also helpful, every so often, switch from your volumizing stuff to a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. That'll keep your scalp healthy, and keep it from getting too dry.

Adding a natural vitamin E supplement wouldn't hurt, either. Good for skin and hair.

Make sure it's a natural supplement, and blended, if you can find it...

A good health food/vitamin shop ought to have it...

Good Luck!

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 27 2008, 06:04 PM)

Get the ends trimmed, yes.

Also, scalp massage is very good for getting the hair growing!

You can do it yourself, any time you wash your hair.

Pressure, not to the point of pain, but pressure...

Finger tips, not nails, drawing small circular patterns all over your scalp

Crown, hairline, back of your head, ALL OVER...

It gets the blood flow going, keeps your scalp healthy, and it feels really good!

Also... when you go get your hair trimmed, do you get a shampoo, as well.?. If so, ask the person washing your hair to massage the scalp a bit. (Women will need no explanation, we know it's good for growing long hair! wink.gif )

OK, if it's a guy... that might be a little uncomfortable... but that's your call...

Hope that helps!

Oh, and as I said for threesacrowd, Vitamin E!!!

QUOTE (RockAngel @ Aug 27 2008, 10:28 PM)

Ok so my hair doesnt seem to be growing much at all.  My friend said to get my tips cut so it'd take off split ends and make it grow.  Is this true?  What can I do to make it longer faster?

Its always best to get your hair trimmed every 6 weeks if you can. That will take the split ends off and keep yr hair in good condition. People make the mistake of thinking that their hair wont grow long if you have it regularly trimmed. So...GET A HAIRCUT YOUNG MAN!! rofl3.gif tongue.gif

rofl3.gif

First my parents, then my parents friends, then MY friends, now here on TRF! Sheesh! z7shysterical.gif

Thanks for the advice Rock Angel! wub.gif

QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Aug 28 2008, 01:49 AM)
After your shower, don't just comb and go... dry your hair upside down.
Seriously. My hair used to be super fine (I don't know why or how, but it is thicker, now... confused13.gif)
And I would dry my hair upside down to make it appear fuller. IT WORKS!

I do this too and it works well especially when paired with a volumizer spray.

Re: conditioner... You don't always need one. Sometimes conditioners weigh the hair down. A good detangler (I use Paul Mitchell) works great.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 27 2008, 04:04 PM)

I take a hair supplement every day. You will want to find one that has the amino acid known as cysteine (not cystine) in it.

I'm the chick with the black hair. You can see that it's really healthy. Okay--so I'm fat, too, but hey---the hair rocks. laugh.gif wink.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3236/2712458346_48949385d5_b.jpg

Also:

Don't ever ever EVER brush wet hair, or comb wet hair with a fine-toothed comb. Only comb through wet hair gently with a wide-toothed comb, gently working out the tangles.

Guys with hair over two inches long: always, always condition your hair. You can cheat and buy a cheap-ass shampoo like Suave, but don't be cheap when it comes to conditioners. There really are some that do work better than others to condition the hair. Any beauty-supply store salesperson will be happy to help you find something suitable. I use a brand called "Enjoy". It's a little expensive, but if you're saving money on the shampoo, what the hell. And you don't need to use that much of it: a silver dollar's worth is plenty for hair that is from two inches in length or that falls to the top of the shoulders.

And if you need further encouragement to purchase Enjoy hair products...look at the little figure under their color wheel:

http://www.enjoyhaircare.com/colorinfo/colorwheel.jpg

laugh.gif

http://www.enjoyhaircare.com/

(you can get their conditioner at a good beauty supply store. Check your Yellow Pages or the Internet. NB: You won't find it at Sally Beauty Supply).

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 28 2008, 02:32 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 27 2008, 04:04 PM)

Ok so my hair doesnt seem to be growing much at all.  My friend said to get my tips cut so it'd take off split ends and make it grow.  Is this true?  What can I do to make it longer faster?

I take a hair supplement every day. You will want to find one that has the amino acid known as cysteine (not cystine) in it.

I'm the chick with the black hair. You can see that it's really healthy. Okay--so I'm fat, too, but hey---the hair rocks. laugh.gif wink.gif

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3236/2712458346_48949385d5_b.jpg

What's wrong with having a little extra,it's the personality that counts,big girls can be sexy too!!Like you,you hottie! AND YOUR SHIRT KICKS ASS!

QUOTE (Janie @ Aug 28 2008, 08:58 AM)
QUOTE (Garden Dancer @ Aug 28 2008, 01:49 AM)
After your shower,  don't just comb and go...  dry your hair upside down.
Seriously.  My hair used to be super fine (I don't know why or how, but it is thicker, now... confused13.gif)
And I would dry my hair upside down to make it appear fuller.  IT WORKS!

I do this too and it works well especially when paired with a volumizer spray.

Re: conditioner... You don't always need one. Sometimes conditioners weigh the hair down. A good detangler (I use Paul Mitchell) works great.

I've never had a problem with conditioners weighing my hair down., even the moisturizing ones don't get too heavy, just rinse it all out well.

I need it for mine.

It'd be too dry without. And I have enough frizz problems to deal with! laugh.gif

Archived