How to get Permanet Marker off is now...

D-13

Try paint thinner, dry cleaning solvent, or lighter fluid. Test them on an inconspicuous area of your helmet first in order to make sure that they don't affect the finish.

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 12 2005, 12:27 PM)
Cool! thanks Jack!

Anytime! Glad to be of service.

rubbin alcohol?

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 12 2005, 11:36 AM)
Wait - paint thinner might damage the finish of your helmet.

Nail Polish rmover might work, but that might damage the finish as well.... let me look at those home remedy books and see what I can find,

hmmm it might I could try it on a little piece of my helmet

Nailpolish will ruin the finish if it is made of ABS which I assume it is. Go to the store and get something called the "Magic Erasure" with cleaning supplies. Wet it and it will come off scrubbing hard. Trust me, my 3 yer old wrote on walls and floor and this thing actually removes it without hurting the finish.

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Feb 12 2005, 12:25 PM)
Nailpolish will ruin the finish if it is made of ABS which I assume it is. Go to the store and get something called the "Magic Erasure" with cleaning supplies. Wet it and it will come off scrubbing hard. Trust me, my 3 yer old wrote on walls and floor and this thing actually removes it without hurting the finish.

cool I just found a pack of that Magic Eraser stuff i'll try that out!

YIKES I got the marker off but now I have a huge red R and Yellow USH left behind!!! I think the sun got to it...now what...I wanna write the Heart Logo on my helmet and its going to be in orange...so I have to get the color off....ack maybe if I scrub for 4 hours.... wacko.gif

Ok I'm finally done....I still have to clean it up a bit...and the stooopid yellow color is still there and will always be there...stoopid sun! lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/helm_0001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/snowraider_13/helm_0002.jpg

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 12 2005, 03:48 PM)
Umm, why are you putting some tired girl band logo on?

What about Rush? Tired of it?

Rush is on the other side! and I hardly think Heart as a tired band...they have a new album out and everything...

QUOTE (sfuentes @ Feb 12 2005, 04:10 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 12 2005, 03:02 PM)
Fat old chicks.

My thoughts exactly. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

laugh.gif

mad.gif they friggin are rad!!!!!....do you see any other girls trying what they do? oh wait...theres Britney 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Ethanol or rubbing alcohol is my weapon of choice. In our labs, we constantly are marking on test tubes and beakers with what is in it. (If I have learned nothing else from my biotech labs, it is to "LABEL LABEL LABEL" everything that you are using.) We use ethanol solutions to remove the marker and it comes right off. This also works on blank cds if you have screwed up while writing on it, as well as disinfects whatever surface you are removing the marker stain on.

did I mention to LABEL LABEL LABEL LABEL LABEL LABEL LABEL LABEL LABEL........

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 12 2005, 07:03 PM)
Ethanol or rubbing alcohol is my weapon of choice. In our labs, we constantly are marking on test tubes and beakers with what is in it. (If I have learned nothing else from my biotech labs, it is to "LABEL LABEL LABEL" everything that you are using.) We use ethanol solutions to remove the marker and it comes right off. This also works on blank cds if you have screwed up while writing on it, as well as disinfects whatever surface you are removing the marker stain on.

What household product contains ethanol?

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 12 2005, 07:03 PM)

lol yea I could see that....wouldn't want to mix around things in a lab...dangerous wacko.gif

Archived