the "random music thoughts" thread

fledgehog

Weezer's debut is incredible. I haven't been hooked on an album as much as this one in a long time. I wake up every morning wanting to sing My Name Is Jonas and end up going through a bunch if the other songs too. A perfect debut if I've ever seen one (and I have, à la Boston, Van Halen, Imagine Dragons, Pearl Jam and more).
  • Like 2

Stratovarius's two most recent albums (Nemesis 2013, Eternal 2015) have a quality to them where they sound like a "greatest hits" album, hold the final track on the more recent one which is an 11-minute epic. This isn't necessarily bad, I love a lot of the songs themselves, but when I listen through the albums there's a notable lack of flow, variety, and everything is more contrived.

The two albums before (Polaris 2009, Elysium 2011) were probably their best works, love 'em.

Weezer's debut is incredible. I haven't been hooked on an album as much as this one in a long time. I wake up every morning wanting to sing My Name Is Jonas and end up going through a bunch if the other songs too. A perfect debut if I've ever seen one (and I have, à la Boston, Van Halen, Imagine Dragons, Pearl Jam and more).

I bought this on cassette the week it came out. I'm so old, my dreams appear on the History Channel.

• Like 1

I bought this on cassette the week it came out. I'm so old, my dreams appear on the History Channel.

Wow,10,000th post, in response to a fellow Queen fan. The stars are aligned.

• Like 2

I prefer their masterpiece Pinkerton

• Like 1

This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius.

• Like 1

Trout Mask Replica is indeed the most richly rewarding album in my collection. It's complex. calculated, funny. I wouldn't change a note on it.

People can say i don't get it all they like. they're just shackled by their conventions.

Mick

I get it, I just prefer nearly every other Beefheart album as opposed to this one.

• Like 1

Woohoo! :)

I really want to get that now.

• Like 1

Woohoo! :)

I really want to get that now.

Get it. Totally kicks the debuts arse.

Ian Paice has a fitting name.

Frank Beard doesn't..

I really do love the power pop/punk genre

Green Day

Weezer

Jimmy Eat World

My Chemical Romance

All great stuff.

Mick

Check out Juliana Theory...a tad more artsy but they are second to JEW for me!

Oooh a top ten band for me that I forgot to add to my list...

• Like 1