Those Bunnies...

Mystic Slipperman

One of my favorite Rush concert memories were those gigantic bunnies that inflated during the Presto and RTB tours. it was goofy as hell but really fun.

I was recently reading "Contents Under Pressure" and Alex mentions the animation of the good bunny offing the bad bunny. I can't remember what tour that was from...was it Counterparts?

the bunny thing was just as bad as that f-n dragon. dumb. imo
  • Like 1

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Aug 17 2008, 07:34 PM)
Some rabbit stew would hit he spot right about now. trink38.gif

ohmy.gif

confused13.gif

rofl3.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (theworkingman @ Aug 17 2008, 08:07 PM)
Bring back the Kimonos and bunnies on the next tour!

Look out for hopping rabbits on stage...

Silly Rabbits. I remember them too. I've wondered if they had names. Pink Floyd also had two inflatables (Pigs of course) in their stage towers. They were "un-officially" named Syd and Rog by the road crew. On a similar topic - does anyone remember the red Hold Your Fire balloons? Not the three giant ones but the many hundreds that fell from the ceiling into the center of the audience. I tried to get one, but everyone was going wacko after them and our seats were just off the floor. I was bummed. I notice several more of them falling here and there. I reckon about 4 minutes later almost at the end of the song, by golly one (I'm convinced it was the LAST one) floated right down into my open hands. Like nobody else saw it or something. It was a gift... Had to be. I bit a hole in it and stuck it in my pocket. Still have it I do. Great fun. It's the little things.......

I loved the rabbits when they came out for RTB. I can remember seeing stage hands "rocking" the rabbits by grabbing hold of them and pulling. The crowd went bonkers. I would love to have one made for an inflatable to be enjoyed at home, or camping.

QUOTE (Mystic Slipperman @ Aug 17 2008, 05:55 PM)
One of my favorite Rush concert memories were those gigantic bunnies that inflated during the Presto and RTB tours. it was goofy as hell but really fun.

I was recently reading "Contents Under Pressure" and Alex mentions the animation of the good bunny offing the bad bunny. I can't remember what tour that was from...was it Counterparts?

Yeah, one rabbit shot at the other, and the screen played a cartoon bullet going all over the place, and at the end it hit the other rabbit and it deflated. It was funny.

Speaking of inflatables - - we saw Billy Idol once and he had a sixty-foot blow-up doll on stage!!! I will not describe what he did to it, though!

no.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Thanks for the clarification, folks.

Anyone remember what song they were playing when the "Shooting" happened? I can't remember much about that.

The rabbits came out during Show Don't Tell, as the song ended the rabbit comedy bit played and as the cartoon finished they started Leave That Thing Alone. I saw three shows on that tour but even the people who weren't there can see the whole thing clearly on the Auburn Hills pro-shot video.

Here, I can't find the pro-shot video on youtube, this is just an audience video so you can't see the cartoon very well but you can still see basically what happened:

• Like 1

Awhile back, I found a clip of Geddy and Alex discussing The Rolling Stones, which was backstage at the SARS benefit concert in July 2003.

Geddy had mentioned that the last time he saw the band live was during the 1989-90 Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour.

I remember during the song 'Honky Tonk Women' that these giant inflatable floozie women would appear.

I think the above was the inspiration for the giant inflatable bunnies on the Presto Tour.

• Like 3