What's your Rush concert factor?

gypsy_owl

Here's a idea that me and some of my friends came up with. You take the number of years you've been a fan and divide it by the number of concerts you've been to, and the answer is your concert factor! The lower the number, the better.

Maybe not the most exciting thing on Earth, but I thought it was kinda fun. confused13.gif

Anyways, mine's 4.3 (13 years fandom, 3 concerts). Anyone else?

Edited by gypsy_owl

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.272 (14 years/11 concerts attended) 1022.gif

(21 years/18 concerts)

Arrgghhh.....mine's a lousy 5.6.

(28 years, five concerts)

But if I disregard my 21-year real-life-got-in-the-way gap between concerts and focus on the first three years and past four years, my rating is a sparkling 1.4.

I feel better about myself now. biggrin.gif

32 years a fan, 14 concerts gives a ratio of 2.2857.

Of course being a true Brit makes it harder to get a low ratio as we didn't get the:

Grace Under Pressure

Power Windows

Presto

Counterparts

Test For Echo

Vapid Trials

Tours.

due to three plug-ugly Canucks thinking they'd make no money touring over here.............

Cool!

21 years of fanhood / 4 concerts = 5.25

I'm guessing the lower the number the better right?

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Aug 14 2008, 07:38 PM)

(21 years/18 concerts)

What is after that last 6?

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Aug 14 2008, 11:29 PM)
Been a serious fan for a year and been to 2 concerts. So 0.5. I wasnt a fan back in 8th grade. I just thought Limelight was cool.

0.5. EAT UR HEARTS OUT!!! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Nope. You should not get credit for concerts you went to before you were a fan if this is a metric to describe hardore fandom. If that was the case, my wife would be an infinite fan since she has been to 3 shows and still doesn't consider herself to be a hardcore fan (though we are making progress in that direction.

Here's a idea that me and some of my friends came up with. You take the number of years you've been a fan and divide it by the number of concerts you've been to, and the answer is your concert factor! The lower the number, the better.

The formula you have devised penalizes long-time fans who might not have been big concert-goers (as if any of this really matters anyway). How about multiplying your 2 numbers instead? What would the max score be? (# of years since first album released) x (# of concerts they have ever played) = max score.

Using your formula my score is 4 (20 years, 5 concerts), but using MY formula, my score is 100! Woo hoo! I got a hundred!

;->

Mike

QUOTE (RickMike @ Aug 15 2008, 11:21 AM)

The formula you have devised penalizes long-time fans who might not have been big concert-goers (as if any of this really matters anyway). How about multiplying your 2 numbers instead? What would the max score be? (# of years since first album released) x (# of concerts they have ever played) = max score.

Using your formula my score is 4 (20 years, 5 concerts), but using MY formula, my score is 100! Woo hoo! I got a hundred!

;->

Mike

laugh.gif

QUOTE (RickMike @ Aug 15 2008, 04:21 PM)

;->

Mike

Mine would still be 2 laugh.gif

Been a fan for 28 years, and I have seen Rush 9 times.

That puts me at a 3.1111111

It would have been lower if my Mom would have let me see concerts before I was 16. angry.gif

QUOTE (RickMike @ Aug 15 2008, 10:21 AM)

;->

Mike

Yeah, you've got a point. I should have thought of that. Anyways, my score using the RickMike formula would be 39! Woohoo!

They came to my area during the Vapor Trails tour but I wasn't old enough to go!!! fists crying.gif Should i have gone my scores would have been 3.25 and 52. oh well.

If anybody else has ideas for calculating scores please post them! Though I normally hate math when you through Rush into the equation it becomes much more fun!

Anyways, thanks all you people for responding, it makes me feel special! applaudit.gif

@ 26 years a fan / 12 concerts (got started late) = 2.17

Edited for crappy math calculations! laugh.gif

Edited by rushbass