Question about Geddy's son

safetygirl2112

tongue.gif 653.gif 1287.gif Is the little boy in the Distant Early Warning video Geddy Lee's son, Julian? I never heard of this until I stumbled across a website that claimed this as fact. I have googled and found other sites that say no, so please could one of you Rush gurus enlighten me?

I so love Geddy. He is sooo hot!! I have loved him since I was 13 years old. I am so happy to have found other women who worship his hotness as well. (Just keep in mind, he is mine - all mine!) J/K

2.gif common001.gif cheer.gif

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Aug 6 2008, 11:46 PM)
(Just keep in mind, he is mine - all mine!)

Oh yea..? huh.gif pokey.gif

tongue.gif

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question though. I too have seen some say he is and some not.. confused13.gif

Thanks, Jaye! Does anyone out there know for sure?

Don't worry, jaye, I will share...if I have to...

Let's face it, Geddy is too hot to be selfish! I just hope his wife knows how lucky she is!

I did finally get to see a pic of Geddy's daughter, Kyla Avril. I guess she is a big fan of Gilmore Girls and her awesome Dad watched each episode with her. Last year, he took her to the set, met Sebastian Bach, and agreed to be extras in one of the episodes (see Link below). How awesome is that?

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=839

Oh yeah, that is kinda awesome, even though I don't watch Gilmore Girls...

Welcome to TRF, safteygirl2112!! This is a great place to be for sure!! bekloppt.gif

Now...Would anyone here happen to have any pix of Gedd's son?? I mean his daughter is adorable, so surely his son is too??? biggrin.gif

notworthy.gif Love your moniker, PanaceaFish! I have a 14-year-old daughter named Jacqueline (Jacqui) Panacea! She loves her middle name and the song it comes from!

C'mon, does anyone know if the darling little boy in the Distant Early Warning video was Geddy's son, Julian?

Inquiring minds (and Geddy lovers) want to know!

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Aug 6 2008, 06:55 PM)
C'mon, does anyone know if the darling little boy in the Distant Early Warning video was Geddy's son, Julian?

I know the answer.

At first, the scuttlebutt was that it was Julian in the video. Then we heard that was just an unfounded rumour, not to be believed. This postition lasted for several years: "No, it's not Geddy's son in the video. How do such wild rumours get started?" Even the Rush FAQ says it's not Julian.

But it is Julian. How do I know? Read the book Chemistry. The author has a quote in which Julian himself talks about the filming of the video, climbing on the missile, and playing Neil's drumset when the cameras weren't rolling.

I'll find the quote and get back to you. But it is Julian. (This would also explain Geddy's reaction to the video screen when the video was played during concerts. He seemed preoccupied with staring at the screen during that song; probably missing his little boy while he was on the road.)

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 6 2008, 08:26 PM)

I know the answer.

At first, the scuttlebutt was that it was Julian in the video. Then we heard that was just an unfounded rumour, not to be believed. This postition lasted for several years: "No, it's not Geddy's son in the video. How do such wild rumours get started?" Even the Rush FAQ says it's not Julian.

But it is Julian. How do I know? Read the book Chemistry. The author has a quote in which Julian himself talks about the filming of the video, climbing on the missile, and playing Neil's drumset when the cameras weren't rolling.

I'll find the quote and get back to you. But it is Julian. (This would also explain Geddy's reaction to the video screen when the video was played during concerts. He seemed preoccupied with staring at the screen during that song; probably missing his little boy while he was on the road.)

From Chemistry, page 111:

The video featured Geddy's son Julian.  "I don't remember too much, except sitting on this rocket thing as if I was riding it for a really long time," Julian recalled.  "Neil let me play his drums, but I had to be REALLY careful!"

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 6 2008, 06:08 PM)

I know the answer.

The video featured Geddy's son Julian.  "I don't remember too much, except sitting on this rocket thing as if I was riding it for a really long time," Julian recalled.  "Neil let me play his drums, but I had to be REALLY careful!"

I knew I'd read that somewhere, and not just on the internet! I wanted to post and say, "Yes, that's his son," but I realized that I had no concrete proof. laugh.gif

I'm usually the last person to gush over children, but Julian was a cute kid, IMO.

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Aug 6 2008, 06:31 PM)
Thanks, Jaye! Does anyone out there know for sure?

Don't worry, jaye, I will share...if I have to...

Let's face it, Geddy is too hot to be selfish! I just hope his wife knows how lucky she is!

I did finally get to see a pic of Geddy's daughter, Kyla Avril. I guess she is a big fan of Gilmore Girls and her awesome Dad watched each episode with her. Last year, he took her to the set, met Sebastian Bach, and agreed to be extras in one of the episodes (see Link below). How awesome is that?

http://www.rushisaband.com/display.php?id=839

can anybody find the cameo of him on the gilmore girls on youtube?

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Aug 6 2008, 06:16 PM)

I know the answer.

I knew I'd read that somewhere, and not just on the internet! I wanted to post and say, "Yes, that's his son," but I realized that I had no concrete proof. laugh.gif

I'm usually the last person to gush over children, but Julian was a cute kid, IMO.

He was a little cutie!

Now, I've heard that the woman on the cover of Permanent Waves is Geddy's wife, Nancy. It kinda looks like her.

Anyone know? huh.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (doublereeder @ Aug 6 2008, 11:37 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Aug 6 2008, 06:16 PM)

I know the answer.

He was a little cutie!

Now, I've heard that the woman on the cover of Permanent Waves is Geddy's wife, Nancy. It kinda looks like her.

Anyone know? huh.gif confused13.gif

I never heard that one before. The answer is no. The woman on the cover is not Nancy Young.

The cover girl was a then-unknown model named Paula Turnbull, supplied by the agency Ou la la.

The man in the background is actually Hugh Syme.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 7 2008, 05:39 AM)
The boy in the DEW video is indeed Geddy's son Julian  yes.gif

Thanks, Professor. You're late. The question was already answered.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 7 2008, 07:02 AM)

tongue.gif

I wasn't directly answering it I was just adding a voice of verification eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Aug 6 2008, 09:16 PM)

I know the answer.

Wow I just checked out your art. You're pretty fricking good!

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 7 2008, 06:08 AM)

tongue.gif

I wasn't directly answering it I was just adding a voice of verification eyesre4.gif

I know, and we needed that. All "facts" are actually soft until you've personally added your verification to them. Thanks for that service. You know, other people are capable of accurately answering questions, too. Just sayin'.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 7 2008, 07:12 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 7 2008, 06:08 AM)

tongue.gif

I know, and we needed that. All "facts" are actually soft until you've personally added your verification to them. Thanks for that service. You know, other people are capable of accurately answering questions, too. Just sayin'.

What's that supposed to mean?

Nevermind

The boy in the DEW video is NOT Julian as confirmed by Geddy himself in an interview. I will find a link to it, give me some time

Edit: and here is the link CLICK and if you are pressed for time, just read the comments on the RIAB right under the Rockline Interview link regarding Julian.

I originally thought the answer was no, but then what about the quote from Julian himself, reminiscing about making the video? That can't be explained away... it clearly indicates that Julian was there, and climbed aboard the rocket.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 7 2008, 08:57 AM)
I originally thought the answer was no, but then what about the quote from Julian himself, reminiscing about making the video? That can't be explained away... it clearly indicates that Julian was there, and climbed aboard the rocket.

Unless--of course--he's on the train to Bangkok........

cool10.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (SimpleKindMirror @ Aug 7 2008, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 7 2008, 08:57 AM)
I originally thought the answer was no, but then what about the quote from Julian himself, reminiscing about making the video?  That can't be explained away... it clearly indicates that Julian was there, and climbed aboard the rocket.

Unless--of course--he's on the train to Bangkok........

cool10.gif

AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

It could be an inaccurate or a second-hand quote.

Archived