• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 PanaceaFish

PanaceaFish

Liquid Grace

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 21 2008, 11:56 AM)

I understood that it was NOT Nancy.  I realize peeps change over the years but look at the early photo with the baby and look at the current photo.  The nose especially looks different.  Nancy also has red hair.  Now women die their hair but look at the color of the roots in the pic with the blonde.  They are dark...not red.

Yeah, I noticed the roots too...Now I can't help but wonder who this lucky lady is...

Sponsored Post

#42 kbomb106

kbomb106

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1774 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 20 2008, 12:33 AM)
Second of all, look closely at the face of the guy on the viewer's right.  Especially compared to the guy on the left, he seems to have a rather prominent probosis doesn't he?  Like a certain bass player? confused13.gif

user posted image

I'm not saying that it's not Geddy; I don't know.  I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

#43 Spike

Spike

I am NOT a dude. I am a chick.

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • Interests:Acadia National Park, biking, hiking, swimming, kayaking

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 21 2008, 07:52 PM)
I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

rofl3.gif    Thank god!!!

Here's a pic of Julian from his college/university baseball team (I downloaded it off their website years ago; Univ. of Toronto - I think; but I forgot exactly which school it was...)

user posted image

Also, I *think* there might be a quick glimpse of the back of Nancy in the RIR documentary.  I think there's a few seconds of Geddy holding hands with a women, and they're walking away from the camera.  I haven't watched the video in quite awhile.  All I remember is a woman in a jean skirt.  Can't see too much more than that...

#44 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 21 2008, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 20 2008, 12:33 AM)
Second of all, look closely at the face of the guy on the viewer's right.  Especially compared to the guy on the left, he seems to have a rather prominent probosis doesn't he?  Like a certain bass player? confused13.gif

user posted image

I'm not saying that it's not Geddy; I don't know.  I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

laugh.gif well, of course not but considering we are talking about a Rush video that might skew the odds a bit in favor of it.  Again, I'm not saying it definitely is, just quite possible.

I mean, the guys didn't have much of a budget for videos at the time so it would have been much more cost effective, too, than hiring actors.

#45 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 23 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Spike @ Aug 21 2008, 06:57 PM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Aug 21 2008, 07:52 PM)
I'd just like to point out for the record that having a bigger nose than someone else in the same room does not automatically make you Geddy Lee.

rofl3.gif    Thank god!!!

Here's a pic of Julian from his college/university baseball team (I downloaded it off their website years ago; Univ. of Toronto - I think; but I forgot exactly which school it was...)

user posted image

Also, I *think* there might be a quick glimpse of the back of Nancy in the RIR documentary.  I think there's a few seconds of Geddy holding hands with a women, and they're walking away from the camera.  I haven't watched the video in quite awhile.  All I remember is a woman in a jean skirt.  Can't see too much more than that...

That is Nancy.  You can also catch a glimpse of her on the Rio DVD as she is getting off the plane.

#46 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

In a Rockline interview on May 9, 2007, Geddy said that his son Julian was not in this video.

#47 jmdyyz

jmdyyz

Prime Mover

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Interests:Music- Fishing- Enjoying Life
    Graphic artist for Trade shows

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:27 PM

It is not Julian in video- & the Permanent Waves cover is model -is
Ou-La-La

#48 Sir Lerxst

Sir Lerxst

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:01 PM

User posted image

#49 Bluefunk

Bluefunk

Superconductor

• Members *
  • 1171 posts
  • Interests:Narpzilla

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Some images of Geddy's family on the Lindman website (the same website where the image of Rush with Mitch Bossi was found).
Julian (right):
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...n,%20Amanda.jpg

Lindy, Lindy's wife, Nancy.
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...ndy%20nancy.jpg

Group showing Kyla next to her cousin, with her mum and aunt Barbara behind:
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...%2009%20568.jpg

Kyla and cousin Sienna:
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...0and%20Kyla.jpg

All of this information, along with the family tree, is publicly available on that website.

#50 PanaceaFish

PanaceaFish

Liquid Grace

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

Those are some great pix! Thanx for sharing!

#51 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 30 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

Wow, never seen those before.  Julian has Geddy's eyes.

#52 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

Superconductor

• Members
  • 1089 posts

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Bluefunk @ Aug 30 2009, 10:48 AM)
Some images of Geddy's family on the Lindman website (the same website where the image of Rush with Mitch Bossi was found).
Julian (right):
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...n,%20Amanda.jpg

Lindy, Lindy's wife, Nancy.
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...ndy%20nancy.jpg

Group showing Kyla next to her cousin, with her mum and aunt Barbara behind:
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...%2009%20568.jpg

Kyla and cousin Sienna:
http://www.salomonochlydia.se/userfiles/fi...0and%20Kyla.jpg

All of this information, along with the family tree, is publicly available on that website.

That is inaccurate. The image of Mitch Bossi with Rush was not found on that particular site.

The image on the Lindy Young family tree site was of Joe Perna, Alex Lifeson, John Rutsey and Lindy Young (Louise's son) in the heavy metal group Hadrian (1969).

The image of Alex, Geddy, John Rutsey and Mitch Bossi from 1971  is from the 1988 out of print book 'Visions'. That image was scanned in from the book by fans when it was on the web as being the correct Hadrian photo when it wasn't before.

I was the one who found the correct Hadrian photo that was posted on Rushisband which linked to the family tree page.

Apparently Linda Young showed the correct photo of Hadrian to the makers of the upcoming Rush documentary to clear up the fact that fans assumed the Hadrian one with Mitch Bossi was him when it wasn't.

Edited by RushFanForever, 17 October 2009 - 10:00 PM.

#53 TheWater

TheWater

The Seeker

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 06:12 AM

I've thought about something...

If Julian was born in 1980 (says that family tree and says the photo from 1980 where he's a "baby") he can't be the kid in the video. Julian must have been max. 4-5 years old then and that kid in the video is older I think... but I watch the video now and now I'm not sure anymore... I've always thought of a 7-year-old kid when watching DEW... but that little boys face looks younger than 7...  unsure.gif but he's so tall... I'm confused.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users