Question about Geddy's son

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 PassTheAmmunition

PassTheAmmunition

The Grillmaster

• Members *
  • 2231 posts
  • Interests:My boys, Grilling, Golf, Hockey & the pursuit of happiness. Beer is okay :-)

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:39 AM

The boy in the DEW video is NOT Julian as confirmed by Geddy himself in an interview.  I will find a link to it, give me some time

Edit: and here is the link CLICK  and if you are pressed for time, just read the comments on the RIAB right under the Rockline Interview link regarding Julian.

Edited by PassTheAmmunition, 07 August 2008 - 08:52 AM.

Sponsored Post

#22 GeddyRulz

GeddyRulz

The Grammar Police

• Members *
  • 17345 posts
  • Interests:Unicycling, Internet surfing, TV and movies, Health and fitness, writing, reading, hard rock, classic rock, progressive rock, 80s New Wave, classical, jazz, sunshine pop, space age bachelor pad music.

Posted 07 August 2008 - 08:57 AM

I originally thought the answer was no, but then what about the quote from Julian himself, reminiscing about making the video?  That can't be explained away... it clearly indicates that Julian was there, and climbed aboard the rocket.

#23 SimpleKindMirror

SimpleKindMirror

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 7 2008, 08:57 AM)
I originally thought the answer was no, but then what about the quote from Julian himself, reminiscing about making the video?  That can't be explained away... it clearly indicates that Julian was there, and climbed aboard the rocket.

Unless--of course--he's on the train to Bangkok........
cool10.gif

AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  

#24 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5293 posts
  • Interests:music, books, documentary films, parrots, long hair, big noses

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (SimpleKindMirror @ Aug 7 2008, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 7 2008, 08:57 AM)
I originally thought the answer was no, but then what about the quote from Julian himself, reminiscing about making the video?  That can't be explained away... it clearly indicates that Julian was there, and climbed aboard the rocket.

Unless--of course--he's on the train to Bangkok........
cool10.gif

AlexFinal.gif  NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif

It could be an inaccurate or a second-hand quote.

#25 SimpleKindMirror

SimpleKindMirror

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

This also reminds me of a discussion long ago regarding the Boys being in an episode of Mayberry RFD, way back in the early days, as mechanics at Goober's Garage. This was refuted and laid to rest by some "aw-thor-i-tay", but does anyone remember that?

Edited by SimpleKindMirror, 07 August 2008 - 04:16 PM.

#26 safetygirl2112

safetygirl2112

The Seeker

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Rush, reading, hiking, running, writing, loving Geddy Lee

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:07 PM

Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone!  Maybe they let Julian sit on the missle during the video shoot, but he wasn't the exact child star in the video?  I don't know.  I want to believe it was him and the quote in Chemistry seems to suggest it.

So, does anyone have pics of Julian and/or Nancy?  I would love to see them.  What an awesome husband and father Geddy must be! ((sigh)) heart.gif  heart.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  

#27 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

Ged and Nancy

user posted image

I think over on CP someone had pics of Julian from when he was going around with his dad for the MFH signing tour.

The boy in the DEW video is NOT Julian as confirmed by Geddy himself in an interview. I will find a link to it, give me some time

Edit: and here is the link CLICK and if you are pressed for time, just read the comments on the RIAB right under the Rockline Interview link regarding Julian.

PassTheAmmunition, I think that Rockline interview is older than the info in Chemistry.

I would guess that the band originally denied it to protect Ged's family.  Once Julian was an adult, I guess they decided it was ok to reveal the truth.  

They also have always said it's not them playing the 3 crewmen on the plane, but I think it is and I think it's Ged who picks Julian up and sets him on the bomb.  I'll post a screen cap in a bit to show why I think that.  smile.gif

#28 Cygnalschick

Cygnalschick

Little Drummer Girl

• Members
  • 5575 posts
  • Interests:Playing my Geddy Lee signature bass, reading, meeting other Rush fans, anything music-related: going to shows/concerts, writing music, listening to music...

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:21 PM

Ged's wife is beautiful... I'd love to look like that!  tongue.gif  

#29 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5293 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:22 PM

I've been told that that is not Nancy.

#30 PanaceaFish

PanaceaFish

Liquid Grace

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:38 PM

WOW...If that isn't Nancy, then who is it??? *scratches Head*

z7shysterical.gif

#31 PassTheAmmunition

PassTheAmmunition

The Grillmaster

• Members *
  • 2231 posts
  • Interests:My boys, Grilling, Golf, Hockey & the pursuit of happiness. Beer is okay :-)

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 18 2008, 10:06 PM)
PassTheAmmunition, I think that Rockline interview is older than the info in Chemistry.

Well, the Rockline Interview is from May 9, 2007.  And the publish date for the 'Chemistry' publication is January 15, 2006

#32 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5293 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 18 2008, 11:38 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

I don't know.  I saw and posted that picture last year and I thought it was probably Nancy because it doesn't look like a "with a fan" sort of picture, and someone posted that it isn't her.  I don't know for sure whether it is or isn't, but somewhere in the Ged thread there's a picture of Geddy, Nancy and baby Julian from 1980 or so, and it doesn't look like the same woman.

#33 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 19 2008, 10:04 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

I don't know.  I saw and posted that picture last year and I thought it was probably Nancy because it doesn't look like a "with a fan" sort of picture, and someone posted that it isn't her.  I don't know for sure whether it is or isn't, but somewhere in the Ged thread there's a picture of Geddy, Nancy and baby Julian from 1980 or so, and it doesn't look like the same woman.

It's obviously taken at a venue somewhere, because I see badges (you can see Geddy's lanyard).  The unidentified woman doesn't have a badge or a sticker from a meet & greet that we can see. . .
Just a guess, but I'm thinking that Nancy would've been given one of the laminated badges for backstage access.

#34 PanaceaFish

PanaceaFish

Liquid Grace

• Members
  • 4740 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Aug 19 2008, 11:04 AM)

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, I happen to have that pic in the Visions book, and I agree, it doesn't look like the same women to me either..

#35 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Aug 19 2008, 04:25 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

Yeah, I happen to have that pic in the Visions book, and I agree, it doesn't look like the same women to me either..

user posted image

The scoop I heard on the first pic I posted was that that is Ged and Nancy at a charity wine-tasting event, but that could be wrong.  

On the other hand, the pics were taken like 25 years or so apart.  A person's looks can change a lot in that amount of time.

Discuss amongst yourselves, I bow out.  
  wacko.gif

Well, the Rockline Interview is from May 9, 2007. And the publish date for the 'Chemistry' publication is January 15, 2006

OK, I stand corrected.  smile.gif  Just odd, though, because the guy who wrote Chemistry claims to have directly interviewed the people close to the band who are quoted in the book.  Seems weird that Julian would make up a story to tell this guy.    confused13.gif  

#36 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 11:33 PM

oh, here's why I think the band is in the DEW video.  First of all, this just looks like Neil to me.

user posted image

Second of all, look closely at the face of the guy on the viewer's right.  Especially compared to the guy on the left, he seems to have a rather prominent probosis doesn't he?  Like a certain bass player? confused13.gif

user posted image

I think it's the boys, in "stage formation", Alex on the left, Neil in the middle and toward the back, and Ged on the right.

Or I could be totally full of it.
   cool10.gif  

#37 GeddysMullet

GeddysMullet

Non-Binary

• Members
  • 5293 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:32 AM

Inconclusive on all counts.  laugh.gif  

#38 Mara

Mara

Hindu Goddess of Death

• Members *
  • 25526 posts
  • Interests:Reading (historical fiction, Cold War political intrigue esp). Playing with my dogs, hiking, working out like a maniac. Thoroughbred racing.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 12:09 PM

They'll never tell us! laugh.gif  I think the guys like to mess with the fans' minds from time to time.  Rush humor - just as the won't tell why every concert for 25+ tours started with the 3 Stooges theme music.  

#39 nobodys hero

nobodys hero

Rush Rocker Chick

• Members *
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Rush Rush.. there's more, but really that says it all!

Posted 21 August 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 19 2008, 09:25 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

user posted image

The scoop I heard on the first pic I posted was that that is Ged and Nancy at a charity wine-tasting event, but that could be wrong.  

On the other hand, the pics were taken like 25 years or so apart.  A person's looks can change a lot in that amount of time.

wacko.gif

Well, the Rockline Interview is from May 9, 2007. And the publish date for the 'Chemistry' publication is January 15, 2006

OK, I stand corrected.  smile.gif  Just odd, though, because the guy who wrote Chemistry claims to have directly interviewed the people close to the band who are quoted in the book.  Seems weird that Julian would make up a story to tell this guy.    confused13.gif

I understood that it was NOT Nancy.  I realize peeps change over the years but look at the early photo with the baby and look at the current photo.  The nose especially looks different.  Nancy also has red hair.  Now women die their hair but look at the color of the roots in the pic with the blonde.  They are dark...not red.

#40 rnrgal

rnrgal

The Seeker

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Aug 21 2008, 10:56 AM)
QUOTE (rnrgal @ Aug 19 2008, 09:25 PM)

z7shysterical.gif

user posted image

wacko.gif

I understood that it was NOT Nancy.  I realize peeps change over the years but look at the early photo with the baby and look at the current photo.  The nose especially looks different.  Nancy also has red hair.  Now women die their hair but look at the color of the roots in the pic with the blonde.  They are dark...not red.

yeah, I said I'd bow out of the argument, but I just wanted to say, jeez, don't jump on me so.  I did say "I don't know".  None of us really do for sure, right?  I was just putting my $0.02 out there.

If I misinterpreted your intentions, apologies.  smile.gif  user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users