New designs in fuel economy

Cygnus

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 10 2005, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (Cygnus @ Feb 10 2005, 09:11 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/RushForum/8917aFiE_w.jpg

Hmmm is there any innuendo in there?

Oh well NOW I think so. laugh.gif It didn't occur to me before. icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I raced to look in this thread hoping there was really some new way to preserve fuel. doh.gif

It wouldn't be as cool as the cure for AIDS or cancer but I can't wait for the day that we don't even need fuel to run cars anymore. Or at least find a cheaper and more enviroment friendly alternative. It's 2005, I think we are past due for this but something is holding us back. confused13.gif

I know theres some people that it's not in their best interest to find a new source at this point. sad.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 10 2005, 06:17 PM)
I raced to look in this thread hoping there was really some new way to preserve fuel. doh.gif

It wouldn't be as cool as the cure for AIDS or cancer but I can't wait for the day that we don't even need fuel to run cars anymore. Or at least find a cheaper and more enviroment friendly alternative. It's 2005, I think we are past due for this but something is holding us back. confused13.gif

I know theres some people that it's not in their best interest to find a new source at this point. sad.gif

True.

Which brings to mind the cost of hybrids.

Why are they so freakin expensive?

QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 10 2005, 08:19 PM)
I raced to look in this thread hoping there was really some new way to preserve fuel.  doh.gif

I know theres some people that it's not in their best interest to find a new source at this point.  sad.gif

True.

Good question. Maybe the R&D costs? Until they mass produce them they probably will stay expensive. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 10 2005, 06:22 PM)
QUOTE (dweezil @ Feb 10 2005, 08:19 PM)
I raced to look in this thread hoping there was really some new way to preserve fuel.  doh.gif

I know theres some people that it's not in their best interest to find a new source at this point.  sad.gif

True.

Good question. Maybe the R&D costs? Until they mass produce them they probably will stay expensive. confused13.gif

I was told by a sales man (read that "conman") that the end result of fuel savings equals about the same as buying a regular car?

WTF?

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Feb 10 2005, 01:12 PM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/RushForum/8902VbDA_w.jpg

I don't know which would be cheaper....

Buying the gas to run the engines on a boat this size -- or feeding the crew needed to man that many oars?!?!?!

Who says you have to feed them?

Anyways, the reason that hybrids are so expensive is to cater to the oil industry. If the auto makers wanted to, they could build the most fuel-efficient cars in the world--they already have all the technology. It's just a matter of keeping with fossil fuels in order to keep the oil companies happy.

Archived