Album Collection

Pratt Boy

Pratt Boy wrote:

AFTK is the next one I will look for, if I can find it.

Good idea. I bought AFTK a month and a half after I had gotten Hemispheres so AFTK's impact always was (and still is) a bit lost on me... Perhaps you will be able to really get into it this way!

But don't expect the Cygnus-epics to have anything to do with each other -lyrically or musically! (Well, except for one short moment...I will let you find out for yourself in due time, though. biggrin.gif )

QUOTE (troutman @ Feb 12 2005, 12:07 PM)
Hey Pratt Boy, what 2.gif album did you get??

troutman new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Went and bought AFTK and Hemispheres today.

AFTK is a good album. I liked the studio version of 'Cinderella Man'. Nice and clean. (before I only heard the live version)

'Cygnus X-1: Book I' is awsome. But 'Cygnus X-1: Book II' is freakin' long. It's going to take awhile to soak it in.

But overall I am pleased. tongue.gif

13 down and 5 to go and I will have them all.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

Hey that's great. That's how I felt when I bought both albums way back when. It takes a while for some songs to kick in. And if they don't "oh well" that's what music is all about. Do you like the Circumstances? I alway's thought it was "underated" I love it. cool.gif

troutman 653.gif and the beagle cheer.gif

trink39.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Feb 13 2005, 11:44 AM)
Neither do I, but I am going to get them all and hang them on my wall.

Awesome! Thats jsut what I did, bearing in mind I have a long way to go before i own them all on record. Will I have enough wall space though? That is the question at hand!

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Feb 13 2005, 02:01 PM)

Awesome! Thats jsut what I did, bearing in mind I have a long way to go before i own them all on record. Will I have enough wall space though? That is the question at hand!

Hopefully so. yes.gif trink39.gif

Troutman

Circumstances is a cool song. It rings a bell. I heard it somewhere a long time ago.

It seems that there is a need for me to get Power Windows next. I'll get it next month. Since I haven't heard all of PW and T4E, it will be like a new album to me.

Hopefully the "Madmen from the North" will produce a new album in 2005. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus_X1 @ Feb 13 2005, 02:01 PM)

For LPs, it would require approx. 28 sq. ft. of wall space, or (if bunched tightly in a group) an area about 5ft. by 6ft.

Man... I need a hobby! laugh.gif

Good choice, at this point I would also go with PW!!! I think you will be pleasantly surprised, excellent album. I have been playing it in my truck for the past week. FBN is one of my all time favorites. I can remember back in 1977 getting it for Christmas along with albums from: Blue Oyster Cult/Specters, Bob Seager/ Night Moves & Ted Nugent/ Cat Scratch Fever. cool.gif

troutman 653.gif & the beagle cheer.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 14 2005, 09:36 AM)
For LPs, it would require approx. 28 sq. ft. of wall space, or (if bunched tightly in a group) an area about 5ft. by 6ft.
Man... I need a hobby! laugh.gif

Ha! Well i'll pleased to see that someone decided to work that out for me! Its a bit of a hassle when i want to listen to them though. But its always worth it in the end to hear them being played on origional records from when they were released smile.gif

Here's what I used to do to hang my LPs on the wall, but still be able to play them while not damaging them in any way. Try this...

Get some of those plastic push pins, ones like this...

http://www.keysan.com/pictures/bavt2418.jpg

Put 2 of these, level on the wall, but not quite as wide as the LP itself. Set your LP in the 'grooves' on the push pins. Mark the same locations of the pins, but along the top edge of the LP. Now remove the LP and install the other 2 pins so as to be able to slide the jacket out of the 'slot' created by the pins. You can then easily slide the LP jacket to either side, removing it from the wall without any damage to the jacket in any way! A very simple, but effective solution!

They covered my walls when I was growing up! biggrin.gif Hope that helps! trink39.gif

Archived