Is Rush showing up for Grammys?

Schro

I don't normally watch this show, but I would if the boys were there. I guess I will anyway - how often do they get nominated? But cripes that's alot of chaff to sit through. Oh well.

Anyone know if one, two, or all are showing up?

unsure.gif

Schro

To my knowledge this is either the third or fourth nomination for Rush. All their noms seem to be in the rock instrumental category which 1) is seldom if ever shown on TV, and 2) always won by a Grammy darling like Sting. I doubt any of them will show. Besides, it seems people who show up to these things wear less and less clothes each year, and they might be barred for wearing suits. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Feb 9 2005, 01:03 PM)
To my knowledge this is either the third or fourth nomination for Rush. All their noms seem to be in the rock instrumental category which 1) is seldom if ever shown on TV, and 2) always won by a Grammy darling like Sting. I doubt any of them will show. Besides, it seems people who show up to these things wear less and less clothes each year, and they might be barred for wearing suits. laugh.gif

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Thanks Sodoff - I think you just saved me about 4 hours of my life I never would have gotten back. Not sure how one goes about paying that back - what's the going rate?

I thought this was only their 2nd nom so then I had to look it up (dang you lol). I knew YYZ got on the list and lost to Police doing "Camel Toe" (not sure the exact title sorry)

But I wasn't aware that Where's My Thing also got a nod in 92. Not sure what it lost to, probly a Madonna instrumental. But you would think that would have been their best shot with so many of the music elites being able to identify with the song title. Sadly, no.

I guess I have to agree with you. I'd rather Geddy not miss his Canadian Rock Trio tennis league than have to lumber cross country to attend this freak show. Not that their aren't some worth folks in the mix but I think the entire thing lacks.. something.

Schro

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

I'd add some comment about the slim-to-none chances of Rush showing up, but I think it's been pretty well covered.

Although - Neil does live in CA now... He's a little closer..... NOT!!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 9 2005, 02:04 PM)

I thought this was only their 2nd nom so then I had to look it up (dang you lol). I knew YYZ got on the list and lost to Police doing "Camel Toe" (not sure the exact title sorry)

Camel Toe. laugh.gif

It was actually "Behind My Camel" from Zenyetta Mondatta, which is probably the worst song the Police ever did, not counting "Mother" from Synchronicity. Listen to it and tell me how The Police got that Grammy over YYZ.

Any song where a guy is ranting about his Mother being on the phone HAS TO be good!!

As far as Rush attending the grammys? Not a chance in hell.

OHHHHHHHHhh MOTHER MOTHER MOTHERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

What a Bloody STOOOPID post!!!!!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif

Before Rush attend the grammys the following will happen:

1/Neil will write a book about the perils and pitfalls of agricultural retail

2/Geddy will have a Nose Job.

3/Alex will make an airplane out of beef

4/ The band will tour the UK again

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Feb 9 2005, 04:31 PM)
What a Bloody STOOOPID post!!!!!!!!! 062802puke_prv.gif
Before Rush attend the grammys the following will happen:

1/Neil will write a book about the perils and pitfalls of agricultural retail

2/Geddy will have a Nose Job.

3/Alex will make an airplane out of beef

4/ The band will tour the UK again

If you don't like this post Darth, then definitely don't read my other one.

Just say no.

QUOTE (Sodoff Baldrick @ Feb 9 2005, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Schro @ Feb 9 2005, 02:04 PM)

I thought this was only their 2nd nom so then I had to look it up (dang you lol).  I knew YYZ got on the list and lost to Police doing "Camel Toe" (not sure the exact title sorry)

Camel Toe. laugh.gif

It was actually "Behind My Camel" from Zenyetta Mondatta, which is probably the worst song the Police ever did, not counting "Mother" from Synchronicity. Listen to it and tell me how The Police got that Grammy over YYZ.

Camel Toe!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif That's the Bob and Tom Show Song! rofl3.gif rofl3.gif rofl3.gif Actually very good too!

You're right SB! Been saying the same thing for years! If you've never heard "Behind My Camel" you need to... WTF ohmy.gif It's horrible... and I'm being nice!

Schro Posted on Feb 9 2005, 02:04 PM
But I wasn't aware that Where's My Thing also got a nod in 92. Not sure what it lost to, probly a Madonna instrumental.

I'd rather a Madonna number than "Behind My Camel"! tongue.gif Actually, "Where's my thing" was beaten by Eric Johnson's "Cliffs of Dover"... I can at least live with that one... but really, "Behind My Camel"???!!! AAHHHGGG!! pokey.gif I know, I know, get over it already! laugh.gif

Well, after 30+ yrs. confused13.gif gives a sh**!!!! one way or another. the way the trio have been treated by the "so called critics of music" during all of these yrs. fu**em!! But of course, they as a BAND would never say that, they have more class than I and most people. We all no well and good that at this point & time it is MEANINGLESS!!! We all love the BAND for who they are, what they represent, and how they are devoted to their fans!!!! They just heart.gif playing music and making people happy rofl3.gif Fu** the grammys 1287.gif 1287.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif that's all I have to say common001.gif "Matty the Beagle cheer.gif I don't know how the "troutman" feels : I second the motion biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

"THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT" trink39.gif trink39.gif

Archived