Moonraker's "Name That Rush Tune" #4

Moonraker

Just on a side note about the difficulty of the last one, I intentionally made it INSANLY easy. I knew that it would be finished within a matter of hours when I had put it up. The problem with the previous contests I had made seemed like I had made them too difficult and it turned almost everyone except a handful of players away. So in order to try to attract an audience, I made it more accessable to people who wouldnt otherwise think they had a chance at doing this. Hopefully now people realize that if they listen to the thing and dont give up after 1 or 2 listen-throughs, that they can actually get this thing. I dont feel any longer that it needs to be made super-easy to draw attention, it seems like it has finally generated the attention it needs to work.

Therefore, dont expect this next one to be solved in a day, you will get your chance to guess in Ricky wink.gif

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BB&B @ Feb 9 2005, 12:53 PM)
QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 9 2005, 02:00 PM)
Hey, BB&B long time no see...

I think he means public answers.  It sure would make the contest longer, but it would be a lot easier for Moon.

We should try it this way once & see how well it works.  I too missed out last time becuase it went so fast.

sfuentes - you gotta play again, we need a chance to beat you.  Moon won a few of these in a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Hello Digital Man.

I remember about a year ago when RushRevisited hosted the first finals

(the winners of contests one through five would compete in the finals).

The contestants would PM their answers to RushRevisited.

I ended up winning that contest, by sending too many PMs.

I feel that I disrespected RushRevisited, 1-0-0-1-0-0-1, GhostGirl, daveyt,

and anyone else involved.

So, again I am sorry and hope that I can be forgiven.

Definatly not dude, you were the one that really pushed me last year to try to win these contests. I remember walking to work and thinking in my head about what the clip sounded like, what timeperiod of Rush's career could the sound that was in that clip be from, what instruments were being used at that part. Lol, that was great fun. I hope you stick around for these things and teach these new guys how a real clip game is played biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 9 2005, 10:36 PM)
Just on a side note about the difficulty of the last one, I intentionally made it INSANLY easy. I knew that it would be finished within a matter of hours when I had put it up. The problem with the previous contests I had made seemed like I had made them too difficult and it turned almost everyone except a handful of players away. So in order to try to attract an audience, I made it more accessable to people who wouldnt otherwise think they had a chance at doing this. Hopefully now people realize that if they listen to the thing and dont give up after 1 or 2 listen-throughs, that they can actually get this thing. I dont feel any longer that it needs to be made super-easy to draw attention, it seems like it has finally generated the attention it needs to work.

Therefore, dont expect this next one to be solved in a day, you will get your chance to guess in Ricky wink.gif

common001.gif biggrin.gif

Phone conversation I just had with my wife Sarah..

Sarah: So what do you have planned for Valentines this weekend?

Schro: This year is going to be special, baby. wink.gif

Sarah: Ooh, I can't wait!! What are we doing? wub.gif

Schro: Well, you know that rush forum I've been going to every day now?

Sarah: Uh, yes, but what would that..

Schro: Glad you asked! You see, there's this guy Moonraker who's famous for these contests where he takes an audio clip with 10 laser-fast segments from 10 Rush songs.

Sarah: I see, but what could that possibly have to do with..

Schro: Simple! Everyone who's anyone on the forum tries to see who can match the songs to the clips first. Moonraker will even tell you how many you got right when you guess. So there's a strategy element going on here as well. Plus, this one's going to be extra hard - we're talking days to solve.

Sarah: And..?

Schro: So this will be our Valentines gift to each other! Think about it baby. The entire weekend snuggling on the couch listening to the same sub-seconds clips, over and over. Then running up to the den every now and then to put in our latest guess! Before the weekend's over, we'll have listened to every Rush song in the catalog hundreds of times!! Kickoff is Friday night at 8 o'clock - I get goosebumps just thinking about it!

Sarah: You gotta be kidding..

Schro: And to top it all off, guess what we can win?!

Sarah: A new surround sound system?

Schro: Better! A Rush Forum T-shirt!! Plus, the undying respect of TheRushForum!! laugh.gif

Sarah: (gasp)

Schro: That was my reaction too baby! Now, I'll get some gourmet coffee on the way home from work, and you tidy up the place a bit so we'll have ample room to work in, and this'll be a weekend we'll never forget!!

(click)

Schro: Sarah..?

Schro: Pookums..?

Schro: Where'd ya go?

(Logging this in my folder: Why Rush Fans Should Only Marry Other Rush Fans)

Edited by Schro

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 9 2005, 05:02 PM)
Hey BB&B  we have "The Camera Eye" game.  Guess the lyric from the pic.  I remember you used to play that & were quite good at it.  Come give it a shot.

Thanks Digital Man. I will go on over to "The Camera Eye" game.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 9 2005, 10:39 PM)
Definatly not dude, you were the one that really pushed me last year to try to win these contests.  I remember walking to work and thinking in my head about what the clip sounded like, what timeperiod of Rush's career could the sound that was in that clip be from, what instruments were being used at that part.  Lol, that was great fun.  I hope you stick around for these things and teach these new guys how a real clip game is played biggrin.gif

Thanks Moonraker, I appreciate your kindness.

Good luck with the clip contest everybody. I hope you have fun.

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 11 2005, 07:16 PM)
ok, first one is Xanadu, but after that, i'm completely drawing a blank.

guesses must be submitted in the fashion of

1) guess 1

2) guess 2

3) guess 3

4) guess 4

5) guess 5

6) guess 6

7) guess 7

8) guess 8

9) guess 9

10) guess 10

1) Xanadu

2) Spirit of Radio

3) Tom Sawyer

4) I Think I'm going bald

5) Limbo

6) Dog Years

7) Kid Gloves

8) In The End

9) Best I can

10) Fly By Night

What did we decide or rules? One guess per day, or just let 'er rip?

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Feb 11 2005, 07:18 PM)
1) Xanadu
2) Spirit of Radio
3) Tom Sawyer
4) I Think I'm going bald
5) Limbo
6) Dog Years
7) Kid Gloves
8) In The End
9) Best I can
10) Fly By Night

What did we decide or rules? One guess per day, or just let 'er rip?

4/10 correct

i know Moon, i was hoping for sympathy! tongue.gif

Xanadu

Turn the Page

Where's My Thing?

I Think I'm Going Bald

Limbo

New World Man

Nobody's Hero

What You're Doing

Best I Can

Fly by Night

whew, this took me awhile, & i had to guess on half of em. you guys were so quick!!