I'm leaving right now

Chasartymac

I wonder if Dave will walk off the stage for 10 minutes in the middle of the show because someone in the crowd pissed him off. I saw them 3 times and he did that everytime I saw them. Is it a part of his act?

I"m leaving right now, too. [To go to another meeting at work - blechh!!]

Have fun! Rock Out for all of us blokes who can't go! 1022.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 8 2005, 12:41 PM)
Tell me how Hangar 18 is.... best tune ever.

Holy Wars is awesome too.

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 8 2005, 05:39 PM)
I wonder if Dave will walk off the stage for 10 minutes in the middle of the show because someone in the crowd pissed him off. I saw them 3 times and he did that everytime I saw them. Is it a part of his act?

I have to say that I have now seen them, um, lots of times, and I have heard of Dave walking but not seen it. I read an interview once where he said he came off to make a point because some idiot was throwing coins,........hard. It was dangerous.

Dave was most humble tonight and had the presence of a metal god. I'm sure he only wants happy memories of this tour as it will be the last as Megadeth. The plan is to disband after the tour.

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 8 2005, 05:41 PM)

As far as I am concerned Hangar 18 is one of the all time metal greats. They played it really well tonight, although, as a BIG Marty fan, I missed his touch on his solos but Glen Drover was a good guitarist in his own right. For once, Megadeth played their set at a reasonable pace and songs like Hangar really benefitted. Generally though I was dissappointed with the sound. The bass was lost the guitars weren't balanced and Dave was overpowering and the drums were only really noticable in the quieter passages. The cymbals you could see him hitting but no sound over the guitars. But the you got the general idea and the place rocked.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Feb 8 2005, 04:39 PM)

I have to say that I have now seen them, um, lots of times, and I have heard of Dave walking but not seen it. I read an interview once where he said he came off to make a point because some idiot was throwing coins,........hard. It was dangerous.

Dave was most humble tonight and had the presence of a metal god. I'm sure he only wants happy memories of this tour as it will be the last as Megadeth. The plan is to disband after the tour.

You're kidding, so that was the last chance I had to see em? Wow, I am glad I saw them then. He was nothing like that though in SF with threats of walking off the stage or anything. He seemed to really like SF, but then again he has a history with us cool.gif

He did go on a bit about his dislike for another certain band (I wonder who wink.gif ) and about the rock station in SF going off the air after 30 years or so. That was a real disappointment though, just when I was starting to listen to KSJO more, they turn into a spanish station wacko.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 9 2005, 12:45 AM)
QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Feb 8 2005, 04:39 PM)

You're kidding, so that was the last chance I had to see em? Wow, I am glad I saw them then. He was nothing like that though in SF with threats of walking off the stage or anything. He seemed to really like SF, but then again he has a history with us cool.gif

He did go on a bit about his dislike for another certain band (I wonder who wink.gif ) and about the rock station in SF going off the air after 30 years or so. That was a real disappointment though, just when I was starting to listen to KSJO more, they turn into a spanish station wacko.gif

It's only a plan. Who knows, there may be more as Megadeth, but more likely a new project.

Generally, Dave is very fan oriented. On the MD forums he actually posts there himself, and he also encourages the rest of the band to do so as well.

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 8 2005, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 8 2005, 12:41 PM)

Holy Wars is awesome too.

Holy Wars was fantastic, again benefitting from a non-nuclear pace. good to see Dave handle these ones with ease. He mentioned at one point that 3 years ago a doctor told him he would never play the guitar again, so he held his arm up and said, "it seems to be working OK now, huh?" [/massive cheer]

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 9 2005, 12:45 AM)

A track on The System Has Failed called 'Something that I'm Not', is about James Hetfield in particular, and tonight I saw people grooving to Megadeth as many as there were moshing when they played it. Awesome.

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 9 2005, 12:53 AM)
I remember hearing a story that after shows he used to head to a local bar and drink with whoever was there. Lol, that would be interesting to hit thier show, then head to the bar for a drink and theres Dave at the bar getting a beer.

Well, I've told the tale before but I gotta find the piccies first, brb.

QUOTE (Chasartymac @ Feb 8 2005, 04:56 PM)
QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 9 2005, 12:53 AM)
I remember hearing a story that after shows he used to head to a local bar and drink with whoever was there.  Lol, that would be interesting to hit thier show, then head to the bar for a drink and theres Dave at the bar getting a beer.

Well, I've told the tale before but I gotta find the piccies first, brb.

laugh.gif Maybe thats where I heard that story from.

He mentioned that arm thing at our show too, got quite a stir from the audience as well.

OK. July '97

Megadeth play the Astoria 2 in London. I am a member of the cyberarmy and recived notice that if I show my membership card to security after the show, I get a meet and greet. So I eventually find a security guy who DOES know what I'm talking about and he directs me around the corner to a small underground club. In side there is a free bar, and about 50 people all hanging and Cryptic Writings is playing. After about 20 mins, in walks Marty and Junior who proceed to mingle. I had a long chat and a drink with Marty, and a quick Hi to Junior. During this Nick and Dave arrive and they too join the party, because that was what this was, the after show party. I chatted with Dave for about 5 mins and then sat ona bar stool and swapped drummer jokes with Nick, we actually had a really good belly laugh at one point.

So I came out of there on cloud 9. I had done what most people only dream of, as you just did. biggrin.gif [/Gloat Mode]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Chasartymac/People/w_mustaine2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Chasartymac/People/w_marty2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Chasartymac/People/w_junior.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/Chasartymac/People/w_nick.jpg

Archived