Singles Forum?

SimpleKindMirror

Even among progressive bands of the time, such as Genesis and Yes, Rush was unique and I think in a way geared more toward what guys were into. The lyrics of Yes music were ethereal and I knew plenty of female Yes fans. But early Rush was like the Science club on acid, and back then, few chicks wanted anything to do with that. Geddy's screeching was hard to take as well. Now, between the difference in their music and the fact that more women are a little geeky these days anyway, you have a better match.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this should be a permanent thread like the other ones for like minded Rush fans to romantically connect. I wanted to throw my hat into the proverbial ring here, but got wrangled by a Rush fan (from California) on a non-Rush related website we both were on. He said he just typed in "Rush, women" on the search and I came up with some other women. He read my profile and saw my pictures and contacted me. Lucky for me, he was totally gorgeous and a (terrific) bass player. We have tons in common. That was a month ago, and I've already been to see him, and he's coming to see me next week. The 1721 mile distance thing is killing us, but we're working it out. I'm pretty sure if this stays on the trajectory that it's on, I'm moving to California. See, it can happen!

wub.gif 2.gif

thanks! Dreams do come true... a side note to this story:

When I went to California to see my Rush man, he had most of the trip planned out (Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Yosemite). The first night I was there, we ate at a lovely restaurant called The Chart House, in Monterey. Then we drove down the street and ended up on Cannery Row. We slowly passed a hotel called The Spindrift Inn. I got all excited, because I'm always thinking Rush stuff. He looked at me really crazy because he hasn't gotten into Snakes & Arrows like me. I told him we had to stop the car so I could take a picture of the sign. It took us a couple of hours to get to the restaurant (he lived in San Jose), and we were pretty tired, so he suggested that we stay there. So he went to get the room, and I took this picture:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/danamermaid7/California810814134-1.jpg <<< you can see my flip flop feet reflected!

We went up to the room, and when I walked in, there were a dozen roses, a bottle of champagne, and a box of chocolate covered strawberries. The whole thing was a surprise because he had planned on us staying there and made the reservations ahead of time, and just pretended to randomly drive down that street. He just didn't know about the Rush connection. It was fate, very romantic, and very surreal, waking up to a barking seal outside my room window.

a view from my room window >>> http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q62/danamermaid7/California810814132-1.jpg

sorry for the big post!

b_sigh.gif

Dana, that's so incredibly romantic I can hardly stand it. I'm so damn jealous! You go, girl! wub.gif

Kismet

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Sep 8 2008, 09:55 PM)
b_sigh.gif

Dana, that's so incredibly romantic I can hardly stand it. I'm so damn jealous! You go, girl! wub.gif

Kismet

Thanks.... it's so unbelieveable... didn't think it would happen. How've you been?

QUOTE (Lrigyttiw @ Sep 9 2008, 11:40 PM)
QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Sep 8 2008, 09:55 PM)
b_sigh.gif

Dana, that's so incredibly romantic I can hardly stand it.  I'm so damn jealous!  You go, girl!  wub.gif

Kismet

Thanks.... it's so unbelieveable... didn't think it would happen.

I can't even believe how awesome and romantic and fun that story was!!

That is really great. He is so thoughtful! smile.gif

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 4 2008, 03:42 PM)
Been to 20 Rush shows and here the past 2 tours womens attendence has gone up. It takes longer to get into the bathroom more than ever.

At the last show I attended, the line to the men's room was long, and I was able to breeze through the women's room in record time, although I did have a few rather loud young ladies behind me on the Lawn who seemed to really be into Neil... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Fallen Catkin @ Sep 17 2008, 08:02 PM)
Is there anyone under 25 looking? lol

looking for what? a chick or a dude?

Archived