rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 19 2008, 02:36 PM)
Anyone know who the guy on the drumkit is? It so very obviously isn't the Professor.

Edited to say: I should've said "the guy on the snare and cymbals." 'Drumkit' is a little overblown for that setup.

I believe that's the drummer for the Dexters, the Orbit Room's former frequent performers. I believe Geddy is also playing the Dexters' bassist's bass as well. I couldn't say about the guitar Alex is using.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Alex got up to sign Colbert's hand, I though he was going to sign his forehead. That would have been more like Lifeson. It was a good showing for them and you could see that they were a little nervous. Who wouldn't be after 30 years. I hope they do more.

A funny sign at last night's show in Washington (from Rush.com):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Colbertsarm.jpg

laugh.gif

WOW! This is the first chance I had to see this!!! Too bad it had to be on a jerk like Colbert's show.

Whos the Jerk? Dont forget that Rush was on that show (for the first time in 30 years) because they agree with him.

Did anyone see the next days Colbert Report? He wakes with Rush just finishing Tom Sawyer at the start of he show.

Too bad it had to be on a jerk like Colbert's show.

Why is he a jerk? unsure.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 21 2008, 07:49 PM)
QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 21 2008, 10:40 PM)

Because he's a big mouth, blow-hard, bleeding heart liberal.

Better than the big-mouth conservatives without a sense of humor.

But I digress.

My DVR died yesterday, and I ordered DirecTV for my new place anyways, so I'm losing this show and the baseball game where I was on TV for 15 seconds. sad.gif

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 21 2008, 10:49 PM)

I guarantee if Obama is elected, Colbert will have tons of fun at his expense. Any president, regardless of party affiliation, is a wide-open target for shows like TCR. Hell, he makes fun of Al Gore all the time.

Maybe you know something about Colbert's views that I don't. I don't pay attention to the political views of celebrities; I could not care less about their politics, for the most part, and I certainly don't let them influence the way I vote. I prefer to enjoy Colbert unenlightened as to who he backs. It makes the show more enjoyable for me.

QUOTE (Mr. Mojo Risin' @ Jul 22 2008, 02:16 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Jul 21 2008, 07:49 PM)

Better than the big-mouth conservatives without a sense of humor.

But I digress.

z7shysterical.gif

I agree, but this thread is heading to be closed due to it's political content. Perhaps bringing it up as a "I Hate that Liberal Colbert" thread in SOCN?

z7shysterical.gif

Someone should close the thread if all we're going to do is bitch whine and moan about Stephen Colbert, and not focus on the bigger picture

After a 33 year hiatus 2.gif appears on TV and KICKS MAJOR ASS

done

Colbert's show is an act, and the CHARACTER on the show is not necessarily the real Colbert.

I don't think anyone can say for sure what his real political affiliation is...it's hard to say, because it's all an act. And that act is to make fun of anyone and everyone. It just so happens the brunt of most of his jokes is G.W. Bush because, well, he's an easy target and creates material for comics every day by simply opening his mouth.

Don't get me wrong, as I'm a conservative myself, but even a ton of so-called conservatives are having as lot of fun at Bush's expense

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 22 2008, 11:59 AM)
Colbert's show is an act, and the CHARACTER on the show is not necessarily the real Colbert.

I don't think anyone can say for sure what his real political affiliation is...it's hard to say, because it's all an act. And that act is to make fun of anyone and everyone. It just so happens the brunt of most of his jokes is G.W. Bush because, well, he's an easy target and creates material for comics every day by simply opening his mouth.

Don't get me wrong, as I'm a conservative myself, but even a ton of so-called conservatives are having as lot of fun at Bush's expense

You make a good point.

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 22 2008, 10:59 AM)

You're absolutely right.....that's kind of where I was going but you beat me to it. trink39.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 22 2008, 07:59 AM)

I believe I'm not far off in saying that he once said in an interview that he used to be a pretty solid conservative, but over the past two terms has become a little liberal.

Archived