rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 15 2008, 02:33 PM)
This is awesome news. I'll certainly watch. Which night is the Rush segment?

Never mind.

"...on the Comedy Central show Wednesday (11:30 p.m. EST)."

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool! For the Cinci show, I made up a Colbert/Peart 2008 campaign T-shirt and wore it second row! I was right in front of Geddy all night, so he HAD to have seen it. You can't see it in the picture below, but that's me!

Col-bair and Peer in 2008!

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 15 2008, 08:28 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 15 2008, 07:58 PM)
Oh, I wonder when it will be on in the UK, we get that show. Never seen it though.

Do we?

I've never seen it

In any case even if we do it'll probably be in about three years or so......

Oh, it's on cable. The channel FX, I think. We usually see it start after Family Guy, but we've never been interested in watching it.

I can't believe that so many of you haven;t seen this (at least those here in the States). Stephen Colbert's show is hilarious satire of the overly serious, know-it-all cable news host. If there is an interview segment don't be surprised if he is seemingly hostile towards the boys as it is part of his schtick. I'm sure there are tons of clips on youtube. Check some out. Also, check on there after the show airs for the Rush segment.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 15 2008, 02:28 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 15 2008, 07:58 PM)
Oh, I wonder when it will be on in the UK, we get that show. Never seen it though.

Do we?

I've never seen it

In any case even if we do it'll probably be in about three years or so......

Surely someone will YouTube it!

I think we're seeing the fruits of the Rolling Stone story, which, some speculate, happened after the Foo Fighters show.

Awesome! Exposure on U.S. television for the first time since 1975.

It's exposure - at this point it doesn't matter if they play Tom Sawyer or not!

I'll say it again - Awesome!

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 15 2008, 05:25 PM)
I can't believe that so many of you haven;t seen this (at least those here in the States).  Stephen Colbert's show is hilarious satire of the overly serious, know-it-all cable news host.  If there is an interview segment don't be surprised if he is seemingly hostile towards the boys as it is part of his schtick.  I'm sure there are tons of clips on youtube.  Check some out.  Also, check on there after the show airs for the Rush segment.

I watch The Daily Show every weeknight (the show Colbert was originally on) and while I do think Colberts show is funny, I cant watch it very often because (to me anyway) the stchik gets old quickly. But I will definitely be watching it this time!

Though I have to say I really wanted to throw him a party after that speech he did at that big dinner at the white house. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (drumj56 @ Jul 15 2008, 02:27 PM)
Someone please record it from TV!!!!!

Actually, you can watch episodes of "The Colbert Report" for free on comedycentral.com after they're aired.

BTW, for those of you who haven't seen it, here's Colbert's finest moment:

Needless to say, he wasn't invited back to the Press Corps dinner the next year.

Here's him on O'Reilly too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfZBtxrT5s&feature=related

I'm really pumped to see him interview Rush.

QUOTE (PuppetKing2112 @ Jul 15 2008, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (drumj56 @ Jul 15 2008, 02:27 PM)
Someone please record it from TV!!!!!

Actually, you can watch episodes of "The Colbert Report" for free on comedycentral.com after they're aired.

BTW, for those of you who haven't seen it, here's Colbert's finest moment:

Needless to say, he wasn't invited back to the Press Corps dinner the next year.

Here's him on O'Reilly too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPfZBtxrT5s&feature=related

I'm really pumped to see him interview Rush.

Haha I had seen that first clip (that guy was my hero after that haha) But I had never seen the O'Reilly interview before. Is O'Reilly just being cheeky or does he really not get that Colbert is making fun of him? haha. How awkward.

Oh my f***ing god...........this is awesome.

common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif common001.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2008, 02:49 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 15 2008, 01:39 PM)
Singing Tom Sawyer?!

again?

wacko.gif

Oh, c'mon...it's the classic...and they're on friggin TV for the first time in 30 years. I love it!!!

1022.gif

This is amazing...but I think Tai Shan would have been more befitting.

What's really awesome about this is that I have a friend who refuses to listen to Rush because he think they're "weird music", but he is a big fan of Colbert. I hope he watches it. 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

Archived