rush to be on the colbert report???

rushfr:CP

2.gif 7/16/08 11:30 pm. on Comedy Central (COM) yes.gif

Hope they do an interview too - may just be music - you never know...

cheer.gif trink39.gif popcorn.gif common001.gif applaudit.gif 2.gif wub.gif

what was their first tv show anyway - I'm guessing Don Kirshner's Rock Concert on NBC or CBS...

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Jul 16 2008, 01:54 PM)
They're new stuff wouldn't turn on a nymphomaniac.

I'd rather a newER song, but at least it's nothing off Snakes.

It's already bad enough that they're on a shit show like Colbert's.

Damn you're an unhappy person.

"It will mark the rock trio's first TV appearance since 1975, according to a press release"

That is so, not a true statement!

Not true? Which one did they miss because I don't know of any?

What about that post makes you think i'm an unhappy person?

That post states two things quite clearly. One... i don't care for S&A and two... probably most important... i'm a conservative.

Neither facts make me unhappy in any way. SOOOOO mister dime store shrink... what gives you the "insight" to say that?

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jul 16 2008, 09:44 AM)
It's officially listed on the show's webpage: Colbert Repor.

Can't wait to see it!

trink39.gif

I'm getting the feeling that Colbert is pumped about this. I know I am...The only other show that would make me happier would be the Daily Show. Who knows maybe they're next. This is just awesome. Whoever said they should play The Big Money is brilliant! However, I think we can guarantee TS. Rush knows how to play ball.

I will be interested to check the ratings on Thursday morning.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Jul 16 2008, 08:39 AM)
And why, oh why, Tom Sawyer?  So many other great and newer songs.

If you've ever seen Colbert talk about Rush Limbaugh, he uses Tom Sawyer. Actually, let me correct himself: He blames his producer for playing Tom Sawyer. So that is why they'll be playing TS on the show.

Personally, I am over the moon and at the same time so very bummed. I LOVE the Colbert Report, even more than the Daily Show. So to have Rush on Colbert? Swoon!!

But I'm bummed because my friend & I found out about it yesterday afternoon just as I was entering the security check at LaGuardia to fly home to Michigan. Had we known more in advance, I'd have figured out a way to stay an extra day. yes.gif

The show airs at 11:30 pm est tonight, but Comedy Central replays the previous night's show at 8:30 pm the next day. So if you miss it tonight, you've got another chance tomorrow.

Come on people, only 6 pages! laugh.gif

What about that post makes you think i'm an unhappy person?

That post states two things quite clearly. One... i don't care for S&A and two... probably most important... i'm a conservative.

Neither facts make me unhappy in any way. SOOOOO mister dime store shrink... what gives you the "insight" to say that?

Wow. Ok, first of all, I'm truly very sorry that you took it that seriously in the first place. I guess I should have used a winky face or something. If you had said something like "I really hate S&A" and I responded with "You're crazy" I wouldn't expect you to seriously think I was questioning your mental well being.

Second of all, even though it wasn't meant to be that serious, I was simply reacting to the fact that everybody is excited and having fun with the fact that Rush will be on TV and your post just seemed nothing but angry in comparison. I wasn't just responding to that post but also some of your other comments I've seen about S&A on other threads. There's nothing wrong with not liking it but from what you've written you seem to show an almost irrational level of hate towards it that goes beyond simply not liking the music. Maybe "unhappy" was the wrong word but "angry" might be more accurate as both the above post and your incredibly insulting PM would indicate. I'm very conservative too with all issues other than religion but I can still laugh about things. Obviously, I don't know what's in your head but it seems like your animosity for S&A has more to do with ideology than music. Whenever you discuss it you sound like you're discussing a wife or girlfriend that cheated on you. Nevertheless, I have nothing against you and I'm sorry for offending you.

By the way, I'm taking off early from the dime store so I can see RUSH tonight!!! I can't freaking wait!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RUSH AND STEPHEN ARE MY TWO FAVORITEST THINGS EVER!

I think I'm going to die of anticipation.

I hope he'll ask them lots of questions.

I do kinda wish they were playing more than one song, so they could play Tom Sawyer and like Far Cry or something else new.

This is their first TV "preformance" in over 30 years. They have appeared in interviews, muic videos, guest appearances...etc.

Tom Sawyer is pretty cool. 10:30! Baby!!! (Central Time)

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 16 2008, 06:17 PM)
What point in the show do you think they will come on?

Ah, have had a chance to catch my breath on this and check out this thread. Hope i'd say probably mid way. Perhaps during the interview segment they'll have all three and then they'll play TS from what I read. I would have liked Far Cry, but this is to a more mainstream audience and everyone loves TS. Colbert has split my sides before.. dude has a brilliant mind. This is so f***ing cool!! 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jul 16 2008, 05:01 PM)
f***ing hell this is awesome!!! Lerxster set to stun, dvr set to record trink38.gif 2.gif

Thanks for the reminder to record this on the dvr...I use it so little I forget about having it!

trink39.gif

You just know Colbert is going to goof off on them but I can't guess what the gags will be. Can't freaking wait!

I'm all giggly like a little school girl.

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 16 2008, 04:00 PM)
I know nothing about the colbert show. I never watch the show, and I've never felt the need to, until tonight. cool.gif

Same here. I have a TV somewhere in this house (it's even hooked up to cable!) - I guess I'd better go find one of my children and get them to show me how to turn it on and find the channel... laugh.gif

K

TiVo is set, as it is for every CR episode. Looking forward to it. This one will be a keeper!

By the way, to the left is another Colbert Report shirt I made for the 2007 Atlanta show. I took a screen shot of an old "The Word" installment that mentioned Rush, plastered it on a shirt, and wore it to the meet-n-greet.

Oh man I'm so excited. biggrin.gif I can hardly wait. common001.gif

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 15 2008, 10:59 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 15 2008, 10:25 PM)
QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Jul 15 2008, 10:21 PM)
The Colbert report? Gimme a break...

If anything they should be on the Rick Mercer report. Colbert just ripped RMR off.

Oh well, I guess I'm happy 2.gif is on the boob tube. biggrin.gif

who is Rick Mercer?

ohmy.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Mercer

biggrin.gif

Ahh, interesting. I see your point. His "ambushes" of American politicians reminds me of Colbert's ambushes of members of Congress. Many times they are woefully ignorant of their own constituencies. Seems like we only get Canadians down here after they have been properly Americanized a la Mike Myers, etc... I, for one, would love to see more stuff like this on tv. I find very little on tv funnier than watching the British PM get questioned at length by the MPs.

QUOTE (librarian @ Jul 16 2008, 12:36 PM)

what was their first tv show anyway - I'm guessing Don Kirshner's Rock Concert on NBC or CBS...

The Midnight Special? I think I remember seeing them on a Sat night back in the day. Didn't think much of them at the time. wacko.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 16 2008, 06:48 PM)
Seems like we only get Canadians down here after they have been properly Americanized a la Mike Myers, etc... 

Huh, and all this time I thought that Canadians were Americans. confused13.gif

Just over two hours to go!!!!

I haven't posted here in forever, but I just had to.

This pisses me off like you would not believe.

I grew up with this band. I started playing drums at age ten because of Neil Peart. As I learned to play guitar and bass later in life, Rush albums were my practice tapes. This has got to be the most lame return I could have ever imagined.

First off, I don't need to see Rush perform Tom Sawyer AGAIN. I have been sick of this song since I was thirteen. If my iPod's battery is dead I can throw a beer bottle and hit someone who can sing it (he's usually in his 50s, piss-drunk off of his ass, and has never heard a Rush song other than TS or Limelight).

Secondly, I know I'm the only person on the planet and I don't care: Colbert is not funny. And no I'm not a Republican. I consider myself a radical moderate; I hate extremists on both sides. So yeah I hate Colbert like I hate O'Reilly. I don't care that it's a gag, in fact that's worse; O'Reilly may be a nutjob but he believes in what he does and does it with passion. Americans for some reason think the definition of "comedy" is "tear apart someone who doesn't believe what you believe." I can't stand him, I don't think he's funny.

And I am EMBARRASSED that a band that is such a trailblazer, has influenced COUNTLESS rock musicians, is listed as a major influence EVERYWHERE, a band that made their own path, their own music, their own way, and their own rules, is returning to American TV after more than THIRTY YEARS on some half-hour syndicated COMEDY SHOW hosted by a guy who thinks he's Bill O'Reilly. There are so many other bands suited for this kind of program... Green Day, Foo Fighters, John Mellencamp... the list is endless.

I think I remember that you guys don't want political content outside of your political forum, but how can you talk about Colbert without talking about politics? He makes fun of people based on what they believe. I always thought Rush attracted a crowd that was above that. There were so many other, greater, classier opportunities for Rush to break back into TV. This seems... well it just seems stupid. I know people are excited to see them on TV but for Pete's sake, this is RUSH. Colbert is a roach compared to these guys.

So yeah, if you need to delete this post or whatever, go ahead, but I'm just so... ugh. This doesn't feel right at all.

Anybody want to buy a hardcover "Roadshow" for cheap? I got to the part where he saw the God Bless America sticker on the truck and got all incredulous and then I had to stop.

QUOTE (FuzzplugJones @ Jul 16 2008, 09:37 PM)
I haven't posted here in forever, but I just had to.

This pisses me off like you would not believe.

I grew up with this band. I started playing drums at age ten because of Neil Peart. As I learned to play guitar and bass later in life, Rush albums were my practice tapes. This has got to be the most lame return I could have ever imagined.

First off, I don't need to see Rush perform Tom Sawyer AGAIN. I have been sick of this song since I was thirteen. If my iPod's battery is dead I can throw a beer bottle and hit someone who can sing it (he's usually in his 50s, piss-drunk off of his ass, and has never heard a Rush song other than TS or Limelight).

Secondly, I know I'm the only person on the planet and I don't care: Colbert is not funny. And no I'm not a Republican. I consider myself a radical moderate; I hate extremists on both sides. So yeah I hate Colbert like I hate O'Reilly. I don't care that it's a gag, in fact that's worse; O'Reilly may be a nutjob but he believes in what he does and does it with passion. Americans for some reason think the definition of "comedy" is "tear apart someone who doesn't believe what you believe." I can't stand him, I don't think he's funny.

And I am EMBARRASSED that a band that is such a trailblazer, has influenced COUNTLESS rock musicians, is listed as a major influence EVERYWHERE, a band that made their own path, their own music, their own way, and their own rules, is returning to American TV after more than THIRTY YEARS on some half-hour syndicated COMEDY SHOW hosted by a guy who thinks he's Bill O'Reilly. There are so many other bands suited for this kind of program... Green Day, Foo Fighters, John Mellencamp... the list is endless.

I think I remember that you guys don't want political content outside of your political forum, but how can you talk about Colbert without talking about politics? He makes fun of people based on what they believe. I always thought Rush attracted a crowd that was above that. There were so many other, greater, classier opportunities for Rush to break back into TV. This seems... well it just seems stupid. I know people are excited to see them on TV but for Pete's sake, this is RUSH. Colbert is a roach compared to these guys.

So yeah, if you need to delete this post or whatever, go ahead, but I'm just so... ugh. This doesn't feel right at all.

Anybody want to buy a hardcover "Roadshow" for cheap? I got to the part where he saw the God Bless America sticker on the truck and got all incredulous.

Dude, lighten up!

Archived