'24' - The Official Thread

• Please log in to reply
563 replies to this topic

#21 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33812 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:09 PM

Tonight was one of the best episodes this season, and that's saying a lot. I almost wish I didn't watch next week's preview. That was a ballsy thing to do at the end there.

Sponsored Post

#22 Riv

Riv

Semper Fi

• Members *
  • 5980 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:20 PM

I unfortunately can't get it here...or at least I can't figure out when it's on.

I just bought the first 3 seasons on DVD...so when it shows up in like two weeks I'll be pretty busy!

#23 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33812 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (Rivendell @ Apr 4 2005, 10:20 PM)
I unfortunately can't get it here...or at least I can't figure out when it's on.

I just bought the first 3 seasons on DVD...so when it shows up in like two weeks I'll be pretty busy!

The first season will glue you to your chair and rob you of sleep. Be prepared to not see  daylight until you finish it.

Funny thing is, I'm not really exaggerating that much. I loaned the first season to a co-worker two Fridays ago. It's 24 episodes at about 42 minutes per ep (commercials are gone) on six DVDs. He gave it back to me the following Monday, and asked for the second season.

You'll need coffee. Lots of coffee.

#24 Riv

Riv

Semper Fi

• Members *
  • 5980 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 5 2005, 05:27 AM)
QUOTE (Rivendell @ Apr 4 2005, 10:20 PM)

The first season will glue you to your chair and rob you of sleep. Be prepared to not see  daylight until you finish it.

Funny thing is, I'm not really exaggerating that much. I loaned the first season to a co-worker two Fridays ago. It's 24 episodes at about 42 minutes per ep (commercials are gone) on six DVDs. He gave it back to me the following Monday, and asked for the second season.

You'll need coffee. Lots of coffee.

That's exactly how it went for me with Seasons 1-4 of The Soprano's.

Can't wait.

#25 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

Sweetheart of Dixie

• Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

I have GOT to get the first season and watch this show.

#26 Snowdog

Snowdog

In a van...DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!

• 8805 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:34 AM

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 4 2005, 10:44 PM)
I have GOT to get the first season and watch this show.

Yes you do, GG. The first season was simply amazing. In retrospect, there was a plot line or two that didn't add up real well, but from an entertainment standpoint, it kept me glued to the tube each and every week. It became an addiction.

This season. IMO is the best season since the first. Great story that keeps you eagerly anticipating the next episode.

Yeah, 1-0-0, that was one hell of a teaser in the preview for next week. Can't wait!

#27 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33812 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:40 AM

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 5 2005, 06:34 AM)
Yeah, 1-0-0, that was one hell of a teaser in the preview for next week. Can't wait!

When I said that was a ballsy way to end it, I didn't mean the teaser for next week, I meant the end of the actual episode. (Trying not to give it away for those who may have taped it and didn't watch it yet.)

#28 Bastille Night

Bastille Night

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2407 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

My wife and I just finished watching season 2 on DVD, and we're borrowing Season 3 from a friend.  It's hard to get any work done around the house once you start watching, and the kids' nap-time never seems to last long enough to watch two full episodes. laugh.gif

Awesome show, and the crack analogies are very fitting. 1022.gif

#29 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 5 2005, 06:40 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 5 2005, 06:34 AM)

When I said that was a ballsy way to end it, I didn't mean the teaser for next week, I meant the end of the actual episode. (Trying not to give it away for those who may have taped it and didn't watch it yet.)

Oh, yeah, it took guts to air that. No doubt.

#30 vital signz

vital signz

Médico en La Villa

• Members *
  • 5375 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 03:22 PM

I refuse to watch the episodes during the season because I can't catch it every Monday night and I can't wait a whole week to see the next episode....Whoever said above that it is the TV equivalent of crack cocaine I commend you!!!! You are so f**king accurate.  I got the first season as a gift and watched all 24 episodes in 5 days and season 2 I watched from Friday pm to Sun pm.  I thought my wife was going to kill me.  Then I convinced her to watch season 3 with me and now she is in the middle of catching up seasons one and two!! drool1.gif <<<This is me when I am in the middle of watching 24....

#31 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:36 PM

Tick-Tock. 88 minutes and counting.

#32 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33812 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:38 PM

84 minutes and counting....

#33 Want2bLikeBrutus

Want2bLikeBrutus

The Seeker

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 7 2005, 10:38 PM)
This is easily the best drama on TV right now. Don't even argue with me. The production value and plotting rivals many feature films. If you're not watching this show, have your head examined.

Discuss episodes, but if you tape the episodes and watch them later, you might want to avoid this thread until you've watched them.

Just startd watching it this season, so I'm a little behind on some of the subplots but JC!!! This show has just blown me away. It twists and turns and explodes and jumps and DAMNNN!!! I gotta get the first two seasons on DVD or something if this wasnt the best one.  

#34 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:23 PM

What a great episode last night. I tell you, this show keeps me on the edge of my seat. The end with Jack trying to extract information was sooooo cool. This is the best season yet, IMO. Only 5 episodes left. I can't wait to see the finale, but I'll also be sad to see this season end.

#35 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:24 PM

Oh yeah, and the non-stop season idea is genius. No long breaks in between episodes to break momentum. That probably has something to do with how much I'm enjoying this season.

#36 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33812 posts

Posted 19 April 2005 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Apr 19 2005, 07:24 PM)
Oh yeah, and the non-stop season idea is genius. No long breaks in between episodes to break momentum. That probably has something to do with how much I'm enjoying this season.

Totally agree. If you've seen the making-of extras on the season 2 DVD set, you can see the amazing amount of work it takes to complete just one episode of this show. The fact that they've aired the first 19 episodes in a row while every other show is mired in repeats is unreal. This season started later than the other shows this past fall  (mid-December as opposed to September) so they could get more finished episodes in the tank to avoid repeats. It was worth the wait.

#37 Snowdog

Snowdog

• 8805 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:04 PM

Another great freaking episode!!!! Can't wait 'till next week!  1287.gif  

#38 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

• Admin
  • 33812 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:24 AM

There's been maybe two so-so episodes out of the twenty so far. Very impresive. I just hope Sherri Palmer doesn't show up during the next few.  

#39 Ru5h F@n

Ru5h F@n

Mr. Unsure

• Members
  • 2552 posts
  • Interests:Audio Engineering, Musical Composition, Production And Synthesizer Programming

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Feb 7 2005, 10:38 PM)
This is easily the best drama on TV right now. Don't even argue with me. The production value and plotting rivals many feature films. If you're not watching this show, have your head examined.

Discuss episodes, but if you tape the episodes and watch them later, you might want to avoid this thread until you've watched them.

Oh I agree. It's the #1 best show I watch on tv. The 4th season rocks! Tv Guide magazine rated 24 two years in a row, 2001 and 2002, as the best show on tv. I also watch NCIS but I don't like it as much as 24. Keifer is such a natural playing Jack Bauer. He gets into his role so seriously. I heard 2 people are leaving this season. They won't say who. Hope one of them isn't Keifer. Otherwise goodbye 24 then.

Edited by Ru5h F@n, 26 April 2005 - 04:55 PM.

#40 Riv

Riv

Semper Fi

• Members *
  • 5980 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:34 PM

I got the first 3 seasons a couple of weeks ago. Sucks going to work on a couple hours of sleep!!!!

Can't wait until August so I can watch the fourth season! I actually like it better not seeing it every week, the suspense would kill me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users