Tonsil Hockey with Neil

Gompers

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 16 2008, 02:49 AM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jul 14 2008, 09:23 PM)
QUOTE (yaoi_myantidrug @ Jul 14 2008, 01:52 AM)
only thing i cant decide is if i should take them back a couple decades.  wink.gif theres about 35 years between us and i really miss the long hair!  drool1.gif

Older=more experienced, know what I'm sayin'?

I couldnt agree more! My husband is actually 20 years my senior and I can say from experience that older guys rock!! Though thats about the only place our age difference is really apparent though. biggrin.gif We are two perfectly matched people.

And my parents thought a 35 year old guy was too old for me! tongue.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 16 2008, 01:37 PM)
only thing i cant decide is if i should take them back a couple decades.  wink.gif theres about 35 years between us and i really miss the long hair!  drool1.gif

I couldnt agree more! My husband is actually 20 years my senior and I can say from experience that older guys rock!! Though thats about the only place our age difference is really apparent though. biggrin.gif We are two perfectly matched people.

Haha! I dont think age (or gender for that matter) should be something that gets in the way of a good match/deep connection. If you love somebody than stuff like that shouldnt matter (IMO). It took my parents a little while to get used to when I first started dating older men, but they are both great friends with my husband now. smile.gif

I am finding it difficult now to think about hockying it up with "Mr. Magoo". Thanks for bursting that bubble, whoever it was...

QUOTE (VampireBiscuits @ Jul 16 2008, 07:42 PM)

Haha! I dont think age (or gender for that matter) should be something that gets in the way of a good match/deep connection. If you love somebody than stuff like that shouldnt matter (IMO). It took my parents a little while to get used to when I first started dating older men, but they are both great friends with my husband now. smile.gif

Yeah, I don't care about age much either. But it didn't matter anyway - that guy already had/has a girlfriend... story of my life.. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (Jenzin @ Jul 16 2008, 01:56 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jul 15 2008, 08:48 PM)
Eh...I dunno....

rofl3.gif

Well, there is the understatement of the year! laugh.gif

You think? smile.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 16 2008, 02:34 PM)

Yeah, I don't care about age much either. But it didn't matter anyway - that guy already had/has a girlfriend... story of my life.. eyesre4.gif

Awww dont worry Jaye.. they could always... break up. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Jul 13 2008, 01:31 AM)
Yeah, I have the hots for big Al, but if it came down to it...

It's not worth hurting someone I love so dearly. I don't care if Alex is my idol or not.

I would have to say "thanks, but no thanks."

I know, boring, eh?

My boyfriend and I have an agreement. IF he were to have the opportunity to boink Jessica Love Hewitt, im fine with it.

If I have the opportunity to play tonsil hockey with ANY memeber of RUSH (they are a package deal, no?) then I can have at it. And, no.. im not stupid enough to stop at the Co-Ed hockey tongue.gif

It has to be Geddy first GeddyFinal.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jul 16 2008, 10:37 PM)
QUOTE (Jaye @ Jul 16 2008, 02:34 PM)

Awww dont worry Jaye.. they could always... break up. laugh.gif

I live in hope wink.gif

QUOTE (IceVixen @ Jul 16 2008, 03:02 PM)

It's not worth hurting someone I love so dearly.  I don't care if Alex is my idol or not. 

I know, boring, eh?

My boyfriend and I have an agreement. IF he were to have the opportunity to boink Jessica Love Hewitt, im fine with it.

If I have the opportunity to play tonsil hockey with ANY memeber of RUSH (they are a package deal, no?) then I can have at it. And, no.. im not stupid enough to stop at the Co-Ed hockey tongue.gif

A package deal! That was great! If only...

I think it's funny when someone's significant other actually gets mad at the prospect of their partner making it with a celebrity. I mean, come on! Having said that, I keep my little Alex crush to myself. Although if I professed to having a crush on Alex, I think my dude would probably say, "Oh sure, go for the pretty one." If I said I had a crush on Geddy he'd probably say, "Do you need your eyes and head checked?" If I said I had a crush on Neil I'm sure his reaction would be something like, "Go to him. Go to him woman for he is Neil Peart and you do what he says."

QUOTE (Janie @ Jul 16 2008, 05:11 PM)
QUOTE (IceVixen @ Jul 16 2008, 03:02 PM)

It's not worth hurting someone I love so dearly.  I don't care if Alex is my idol or not. 

I know, boring, eh?

A package deal! That was great! If only...

I think it's funny when someone's significant other actually gets mad at the prospect of their partner making it with a celebrity. I mean, come on! Having said that, I keep my little Alex crush to myself. Although if I professed to having a crush on Alex, I think my dude would probably say, "Oh sure, go for the pretty one." If I said I had a crush on Geddy he'd probably say, "Do you need your eyes and head checked?" If I said I had a crush on Neil I'm sure his reaction would be something like, "Go to him. Go to him woman for he is Neil Peart and you do what he says."

Dont you just love how understanding guys are...

NOT!!!!!

QUOTE (PanaceaFish @ Jul 16 2008, 05:16 PM)
Why Dom!! fancy meetin' you here, mate!! (it's Dhani from YESFANS!)

Oh, and I'd DEFINITELY suck face with Gedd... wub.gif

In fact, I had a dream that I was not too long ago...GAH! drool1.gif

...Dom's here?!

Okay, back to the Big Three: I don't ask for much. I only want them to put on French maid outfits and scrub my entire apartment with toothbrushes while I sip iced Earl Grey tea and do The New York Times crossword puzzle...

...though I might be tempted to give Alex a handie. laugh.gif

QUOTE (IceVixen @ Jul 16 2008, 05:02 PM)

We have a similar arrangment. My husband can't seem to pin his "gimme" down to JLH or Jenny McCarthy. Of course, the object of our...shall we say affection...must be the one to initiate. So, being the awesome wife that I am, I said if both JLH and Jenny meet him and say "I MUST have you!", have at it. LOL!

I'm a Geddy-girl myself.

QUOTE (Imperatrix @ Aug 7 2008, 04:23 PM)
...though I might be tempted to give Alex a handie. laugh.gif

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (GedHead @ Aug 11 2008, 03:40 PM)
ok my tonsil hockey hottie is GEDDY... definitely!! GeddyFinal.gif

My husband thinks I'm funny when I call Geddy my Fantasy man....

but what are ya gonna do?? That man makes me melt

My husband doesn't think it's funny that my fantasy guy is Neil. Why do they act this way?

I've given up trying to reassure him, and just make lots and lots of pointed remarks about it, in hopes that he'll get over it.

Let's face it, my hooking up with Neil is predicated on several things (assuming I were single): he would have to split with his wife, we'd actually have to meet each other at some point (tricky, since we're a continent apart), and Neil would have to think me do-able. I have no issue with my husband's drooling over Elizabeth Hurley, so why should it matter if I have a few fantasies about Neil? And besides, my crush has lasted for over 20 years. I mean, jebus, time to deal with it, sir.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 11 2008, 10:19 PM)
ok my tonsil hockey hottie is GEDDY... definitely!!  GeddyFinal.gif 

but what are ya gonna do??  That man makes me melt

My husband doesn't think it's funny that my fantasy guy is Neil. Why do they act this way?

I've given up trying to reassure him, and just make lots and lots of pointed remarks about it, in hopes that he'll get over it.

Let's face it, my hooking up with Neil is predicated on several things (assuming I were single): he would have to split with his wife, we'd actually have to meet each other at some point (tricky, since we're a continent apart), and Neil would have to think me do-able. I have no issue with my husband's drooling over Elizabeth Hurley, so why should it matter if I have a few fantasies about Neil? And besides, my crush has lasted for over 20 years. I mean, jebus, time to deal with it, sir.

Your husband is a hypocrite. yes.gif (sorry...)

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 11 2008, 01:19 PM)

It's because when men lust after many different women they're "just being guys," because all guys want to f*ck all the women in the world, but if women express active interest in a dude it's totally wrong and gross. Also, if a woman looks twice at a man she's not married to, it totally means that her husband is unable to satisfy her in bed. And yes, I'm being UBER-sarcastic in order to make a point. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Jaye @ Aug 11 2008, 06:51 PM)

Neh, he's just being a typical guy. I don't buy into it for one minute.

He did ask me one day (and this is so funny) if I thought he looked a little like Neil. I said, "sure, honey, whatever you need me to tell you. In fact, you're a dead ringer!"

To be fair, he (husband) is a nice looking guy. If I REALLY thought he was seriously troubled over my Neil-crush, I'd keep quiet about it. And get my husband some therapy.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 11 2008, 08:46 PM)

He did ask me one day (and this is so funny) if I thought he looked a little like Neil. I said, "sure, honey, whatever you need me to tell you. In fact, you're a dead ringer!"

To be fair, he (husband) is a nice looking guy. If I REALLY thought he was seriously troubled over my Neil-crush, I'd keep quiet about it. And get my husband some therapy.

My husband and I have been together 21 years.......ssoooo

We've always joked about looking but not touching..

No problem there.

It's really 100% likely I'll NEVER EVER meet Geddy in person, and

like you said, they'd have to split up with their current S/O etc etc etc

So for us it's funny. He does get jealous sometimes, but not often.. just

enough to know he cares.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Aug 11 2008, 06:46 PM)

Men get jealous over the silliest of things sometimes!

As you said, what's the reality of the situation here? What are the odds that you'll actually meet Neil?

That's part of what makes a crush fun, especially on someone that is unattainable. Also, I think it's silly to think that any of us are never going to find anyone else attractive once we're with someone. People always form crushes. Makes you feel good, right? It's fun to think thoughts about other people, whether you know them or not. It's all in good fun I say.

Archived