Favorite Closing Album Track

darth by tor

Im sure the boys have a nightmare choosing what order the songs go in on any given album. so heres my list.

As always "In no particular order"

Between the Wheels (Going out with a bang!)

Cygnus X1 (Best three chord outro ever!)

High Water (Funky Farewell!)

Mystic Rhythms (Ethereal Exit!)

Something for Nothing (Race to the finish!)

In the End (I know, I know,i KNOW!)

Natural Science ("Wave" goodbye!, Sorry!!)

And heres my WTF????!!! List

Everyday Glory (Everyday Boring more like!)

You bet your life (You wouldnt win with this one!)

You forgot....WORKING MAN! ohmy.gif

Best:

Toss-up between: Working Man and Between the Wheels http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lakesidemaiden/Magic_Emoticon_by_Thera18.gif

The absolute worst, worst ever closing song 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif ..is: Carve Away the Stone. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (darth by tor @ Feb 7 2005, 04:02 PM)
Oh yeah! I forgot about carve away the stone!!
Mind you I try to forget about T4E PERIOD! upyours.gif
Thanks for reminding me!

I have just recently got into T4E. But only the good bits. I do like about half the songs, but the other half really suck....

In fact, the song Half the World should have a line:

"Half this album should not have been recorded" laugh.gif

Gotta be Natural Science.

Working Man

Something for Nothing

LA VILLA

Natural Science

Vital Signs

Countdown

Between the Wheels

Available Light

Everyday Glory... (very different, doesn't seem to fit but I've grown to love this tune!!)

"What Your Doing" was a great closing song on ATWS.

THANK YOU.................GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! UH UH UH, MAN OH MAN I GUESS THATS IT. <SLAM>

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Presto45 @ Feb 7 2005, 07:04 PM)
Carve Away the Stone Rules

So it does -one of the better closing songs, in fact! Works very well at the end of TFE.

My top five closing tracks would be something like this (and this is based on how the songs work as closing songs specifically -not necessarily my fav tracks overall, although all of them do belong to my imaginary top, umm...fifteen, I think. smile.gif )

1. Vital Signs (thanks to the outro; it really cannot be beaten!)

2. Something For Nothing (rounds up 2112 on a very high note, love the charged energy in it)

3. Natural Science (well, of course! The effect is even better when hearing it during a walk by the beach. biggrin.gif )

4. Between The Weels (majestically moody, a very apt closer to Grace, my fav album.)

5. Available Light (it gives Presto that final, emotional polish, as well as always leaving inside me the urge to listen to the record again sometime soon. Isn't that the greatest accolade a closing song can be given?)

The Fountain of Lamneth by far. One of the most moving songs I have ever heard. I get emotional every time i hear that acoustic intro. Its just... so perfect. I dont even know how to describe it! It recently became my favorite Rush epic passing 2112.

other honorable mentions:

Cygnus

Working Man

La Villa

Vital Signs

Out of the cradle

My favorite closing track on any album... I'm partial to a few. I like Closer To The Heart on A Show Of Hands, the end-jam part was great. There are so many that I like, but the ones that I can say right now are Working Man and La Villa Strangiato.

Archived