I Love My City

barney_rebel

Perilous Plunge

Toronto Police answered what seemed like a routine call, but now the Special Investigations Unit has a bizarre mystery on its hands.

It began late Sunday night, when cops arrived at 1011 Lansdowne Ave. near Dupont as part of their regular patrol. The building has a large number of vacancies and trespassing has been a frequent problem.

As cops began what's usually an uneventful search of the scene, they came across a man and a woman in a vacant unit, and prepared to arrest the couple.

As officers handcuffed the man, the 27-year-old female suddenly bolted for the balcony, got up on the ledge and either jumped off or fell, falling seven storeys to the ground below.

Ambulances whisked her off to St. Michael's Hospital where she's recovering from severe head injuries. Doctors expect she'll survive, but she remains critical.

Authorities can't explain what triggered her actions.

Meanwhile, as police were dealing with the emergency, the man they'd handcuffed slipped away. After a three hour search, he was found in another empty apartment and taken into custody.

The S.I.U. was called in because the woman was injured during a police action, but there are no accusations the cops did anything wrong. The investigation into just what happened - and why - continues.

February 7, 2005

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050207-001/page.asp

Too true AGP! So many of us are headed up there for a visit wink.gif ...the words come to mind, Fly by Night away from here...change my life again...

hehe...yes, we all love your city hon! wub.gif Teste's has even made Rhi and I Honorary Canadians LOL ....still waiting on my Membership Card, tho rofl3.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 7 2005, 06:37 PM)
Too true AGP! So many of us are headed up there for a visit wink.gif ...the words come to mind, Fly by Night away from here...change my life again...

hehe...yes, we all love your city hon! wub.gif Teste's has even made Rhi and I Honorary Canadians LOL ....still waiting on my Membership Card, tho rofl3.gif

Hey!!!! Don't forget about mee!!!!! I may be a citizen someday!!!!! tongue.gif

653.gif If things go my way, and right at this moment, its sounding good. biggrin.gif Time will tell tho, I love CANADA!!!!! applaudit.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Feb 7 2005, 04:42 PM)
Too true AGP!  So many of us are headed up there for a visit wink.gif ...the words come to mind, Fly by Night away from here...change my life again...

hehe...yes, we all love your city hon! wub.gif  Teste's has even made Rhi and I Honorary Canadians LOL  ....still waiting on my Membership Card, tho rofl3.gif

653.gif If things go my way, and right at this moment, its sounding good. biggrin.gif Time will tell tho, I love CANADA!!!!! applaudit.gif

Good hear!! Canada is rad! smile.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Feb 7 2005, 06:42 PM)
Too true AGP!  So many of us are headed up there for a visit wink.gif ...the words come to mind, Fly by Night away from here...change my life again...

hehe...yes, we all love your city hon! wub.gif  Teste's has even made Rhi and I Honorary Canadians LOL  ....still waiting on my Membership Card, tho rofl3.gif

LOL oh goddess....that would be madness the three of us set loose on Toronto... ohmy.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif Madness and way too much fun laugh.gif

Toronto Rules; Canada Rules...

I'm thinking I really have to try to get up there for RushCon this summer.

I don't know if my hubby will want to go away without him for a 2nd summer in a row. But - I mentioned it to my neighbor, Maureen, yesterday. She went with me for the concert last summer. She's thinking about it - so that would be 2 more Rush Women to terrorize TO!!

biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Feb 7 2005, 08:06 PM)
Toronto Rules; Canada Rules...

I'm thinking I really have to try to get up there for RushCon this summer.
I don't know if my hubby will want to go away without him for a 2nd summer in a row. But - I mentioned it to my neighbor, Maureen, yesterday. She went with me for the concert last summer. She's thinking about it - so that would be 2 more Rush Women to terrorize TO!!

biggrin.gif

That would be wicked kewl spike! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Alsgalpal @ Feb 7 2005, 06:58 PM)
Ye, the three of us to terrorise the city... Hehehehe...

unsure.gif

Wait, I don't mean terrorise in a bad way, but in an ohhh so good way!!!! wink.gif

LOL totally...Terrorize in a very bad, good way firedevil.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 7 2005, 11:27 PM)
You guys want a bunch? LOL I throw them out whenever I get them. I got tonnes, of all different colours...

LOL yes. yes i do....I will make a pair of pants out of them and wear them to RushCon... heart.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (LakesideMaiden @ Feb 7 2005, 11:52 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Feb 7 2005, 11:27 PM)
You guys want a bunch?  LOL I throw them out whenever I get them.  I got tonnes, of all different colours...

LOL yes. yes i do....I will make a pair of pants out of them and wear them to RushCon... heart.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Now that would be something to see! Worth the trip up there!!

laugh.gif

Archived