Re-naming Rush Songs

Show Don't Tell

La Villa- Holy S***

Xanadu- Look at tall the intrumetns Neil and Geddy can play in one song.........ooo and Alex plays 2 guitars

YYZ- Show-Off song

Virtuality- Some people actualy like me (as in the song) (i know i do!)

Cygnus X-1 Book I- Hmmm, did we miss any time signatures?

QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 17 2008, 05:14 AM)
For a start I'd rename Lock and Key The Killer Instinct... then I'd shorten I Think I'm Going Bald to OHSHITI'MBALD... and Madrigal would be... heck, anything except Madrigal.... Open Secrets would be something else, probably Feelings.... Turn the Page would be Time Capsule.... Vital Sign would be Mixed Feelings (favourite line of the song, Everybody's got mixed feelings)... Entre Nous is fine but would make more sense as Between Us because as far as I'm aware there's no French in this song (unlike Circumstances)... well, there's more but I can't be bothered to write all of it tongue.gif

I can see parts of that working.... tongue.gif 653.gif confused13.gif goodpost.gif

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Jul 11 2008, 10:32 PM)
I don't think we are changing the names well. I like how Rush doesn't name their songs after a lyric all the time, they think of something intuitive, which none of these responses are. Just saying...

I have to say, I agree with that. Or if it's not intuitive there's usually a specific influence or reason for it. We all know the guys try to do things differently and I think naming songs is part of that.

The title of Entre Nous IS Between Us - in French. Maybe just for the hell of it.

I also like red lenses. smile.gif

QUOTE (Ytse_Ham @ Jul 30 2008, 10:58 PM)
YYZ --> Pure Awesomeness

(what does YYZ mean anyway?)

YYZ is the airport code to the airport in Toronto (the airport's actual name escapes me now ...)

YYZ in Morse code is also the song's intro.

QUOTE (drewb93 @ Oct 6 2008, 04:14 PM)
YYZ in Morse code is also the song's intro.

I never caught that till you said it...that is a fantastic bit of wit from the guys there.....

As to the thread, some replies are just silly...

I also have several friends who thought the title of Entre Nous was "Just between Us"

The Camera Eye could be - "The Long Awaited Friend"

And Driven could be - "It's My Turn To Drive"

QUOTE (telegraphcreeklocal @ Dec 25 2008, 01:26 PM)
Blasphemy. 2.gif 1022.gif

moon.gif

oops.gif

rofl3.gif

trink39.gif

Red Lenses is great song.

idk, I kinda like when Geddy calls Limelight, "Living in the Limelight" at the start of ESL video, or it could be that i just know i'm in for a good hour of tv.

The Big Money to "The Big Big Money"

(ie. A Clockwork Orange: "and what would our lil Alex do with the Big Big Money?")

And they should also rename Time Stand Still to "Please put us on MTV".

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (greenbay4901 @ Feb 1 2009, 01:44 PM)
"secret touch"
I'd say "secret way"
Because of when he says "the way out is the way in", it feels like he's refering to a way of life.

He's referring to sex..... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I have been re-naming RUSH songs for years but not like this E.G.:

Entre Nous = Entre Douche

Working Man = Working Punk

Tom Sawyer = "That Diane Sawyer Song" (copped from TPBs)

Freewill = Freepills

I can go on for days....

Playing this stuff for all these years (and being heavily influenced by Wierd Al) you just have to find something to keep it fresh and fun(ny).

QUOTE (trick_and_secret @ Aug 17 2008, 05:14 AM)
For a start I'd rename Lock and Key The Killer Instinct... then I'd shorten I Think I'm Going Bald to OHSHITI'MBALD... and Madrigal would be... heck, anything except Madrigal.... Open Secrets would be something else, probably Feelings.... Turn the Page would be Time Capsule.... Vital Sign would be Mixed Feelings (favourite line of the song, Everybody's got mixed feelings)... Entre Nous is fine but would make more sense as Between Us because as far as I'm aware there's no French in this song (unlike Circumstances)... well, there's more but I can't be bothered to write all of it tongue.gif

Came here to post Lock & Key--->Killer Instinct. Always seemed like a natural title for that song.

Open Secrets and Vital Signs are awesome titles and no Rush song should ever have "feelings" in the title.

Madrigal -> The Path

"I long to turn my path homeward..."

Sweet Miracle -> Without Trace

"Lost without a trace, no hope at all..."

YYZ -> -.---.----..-.---.----

Anthem -> Eyes Gone Blind

"A funeral dirge for eyes gone blind..."

Any of Neil's drum solos -> Our Drummer is Better Than YOUR drummer (Part 1, 2, 3... etc) !

MalNar -> And our bassist is better, too!

La Villa -> Not to mention, Alex could kick your arse!

Edited by The_Enemy_Within

QUOTE (The_Enemy_Within @ Aug 12 2009, 08:18 PM)
Any of Neil's drum solos -> Our Drummer is Better Than YOUR drummer (Part 1, 2, 3... etc) !

MalNar -> And our bassist is better, too!

La Villa -> Not to mention, Alex could kick your arse!

laugh.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif