3 rush songs that really drag!!!!

reani14

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 6 2008, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (Grapes_under_pressure @ Jul 6 2008, 02:35 PM)
i love TMMB. it's possable my fave instrumental.

however,,,

i think... La Villa drags on.....
OH MY GOODNESS! BLASPHEMY!

huh.gif

Watch PinkPop '79 and you'll change your mind...and destroy what Eddie Van Halen you have. 2.gif 1022.gif

The Camera Eye is perfect.......it would be my favorite on MP but side 1 is more perfect... laugh.gif

however,,,

*faints*

You seriously need to revisit that one. huh.gif

• Like 1

QUOTE (Did Lee Squat? @ Jul 6 2008, 06:41 PM)

however,,,

*faints*

You seriously need to revisit that one. huh.gif

PATCHY PATCHY KIKHELEHK!

i think everyone who likes guitar should see the 79 pink pop la villa performance and just watch al go off, hes such an underrated guiarist and alot fo people dont even know al.. i dont think you can judge rush if you never seen the live from the first 3 rows......

i really wish they would release that pink pop clip as an extra on the upcoming dvd.....

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 6 2008, 06:06 PM)
i think everyone who likes guitar should see the 79 pink pop la villa performance and just watch al go off, hes such an underrated guiarist and alot fo people dont even know al.. i dont think you can judge rush if you never seen the live from the first 3 rows......

i really wish they would release that pink pop clip as an extra on the upcoming dvd.....

Here it is, but I'm sure most have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtWxyRi8mwY

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 7 2008, 12:26 AM)

Always good to see it again; truly awesome.

Its on the Chronicles DVD

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 6 2008, 07:56 AM)
1. main monkey.. good song, but seems to drag a little..
2. secret touch, drags out too long...
3. the way wind blows, could really drop that last verse...

anyone agree..

No...not with those.

Edited by Presto-digitation

Secret Touch is a good song, but it really could have been better if they shortened the ending about two minutes. It starts to get a little repetative right after the guitar breakdown in the middle.

Other Rush tunes that drag....Hmmmmm... Armor and Sword is one that I can't listen to for that very reason. That damn lethargic sounding guitar riff during the verses: Dahhh...Dant Dant...Dahhhh..Dant Dant...Dahhh..Dant Dant...Dahhh.....

TMMB isn't BAD per se, but like someone above already said, it just kind of meanders on with no sense of purpose. YYZ, WMT, LTTA, etc...those songs had direction and great hooks. TMMB just kinda chugs on and on and on for no reason.

Some here may not like this choice, but I've never been a big fan of Natural Science. The lyrics are too nerdy for me and it just goes on too long.

The Weapon starts to lose my attention about three minutes in.

And finally, I've been saying that Spindrift is a good guitar riff in search of a better song.

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Jul 6 2008, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 7 2008, 12:26 AM)

Always good to see it again; truly awesome.

After the solo where he keeps going up the neck, I scream the Eff word every time. 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jul 6 2008, 06:11 PM)
QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jul 6 2008, 02:02 PM)
Ok Secret Touch is  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif  062802puke_prv.gif

out of curiosity, why do you hate Vapor Trails so much, GAAC???

is it because of the production? look beyond that!

give the album another listen!

Ghost Rider and Secret Touch right after on RIR, will clarify any production issues and let you see the pure form and functionality PLUS visuals. 2.gif 1022.gif

TMMB kinda drags a little I suppose.

Hemispheres, Jacobs Ladder and The Camera Eye drag. Don't get me wrong, I like the epic length pieces, 2112, Natural Science, Xanadu.... and I don't dislike TCE or Hemi or Jacobs Ladder at all... I just think they either need more musical parts or less lyrics.

Spindrift drags, tempo needs up. Rivendell drags. That's all I can think of for now.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Jul 6 2008, 06:18 PM)
TMMB kinda drags a little I suppose.

Hemispheres, Jacobs Ladder and The Camera Eye drag. Don't get me wrong, I like the epic length pieces, 2112, Natural Science, Xanadu.... and I don't dislike TCE or Hemi or Jacobs Ladder at all... I just think they either need more musical parts or less lyrics.

Spindrift drags, tempo needs up. Rivendell drags. That's all I can think of for now.

Jacobs is in a space by itself. It has to go slow. Watch the next dark storm approaching overhead and crank it up. Hopefully you will get a lightning strike in the middle!!! 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Jul 6 2008, 08:11 PM)

Try listening to some live versions of the VT songs. 'Earthshine' in particular rocks, as does 'Ceiling Unlimited'. I don't know what the production team was thinking on this one, or why Rush let them get away with it. The mix on the studio album is crap, I agree.

No. Its the production, I hate the music, and the lyrics dont do much for me.

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Jul 6 2008, 09:36 PM)

No. Its the production, I hate the music, and the lyrics dont do much for me.

That pretty well covers everything, then! The only reason that's missing is "Because I hate Rush!" And we know better!

QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 6 2008, 11:18 AM)
I think everyone wants to like every Rush song. Guess what, Rush isn't perfect. If you find that the song drags, it probably means you don't like the song.
For me it's The way the wind blows, Speed of love, and Everyday Glory

Somehow (maybe I have a disease), I will listen to any Rush song, from Xanadu to Red Tide to Dog Years! Yep, I said it before and I will again, I love Dog Years!

But if I was forced to pick a "dragging" song, I'd probably pick TMMB. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it gets a *little* (not a lot) repetitive. Live, though, it ROCKS! 1022.gif

QUOTE (Xanadu93 @ Jul 6 2008, 09:49 PM)
QUOTE (hope70 @ Jul 6 2008, 11:18 AM)
I think everyone wants to like every Rush song.  Guess what, Rush isn't perfect.  If you find that the song drags, it probably means you don't like the song.
For me it's The way the wind blows, Speed of love, and Everyday Glory

Somehow (maybe I have a disease), I will listen to any Rush song, from Xanadu to Red Tide to Dog Years! Yep, I said it before and I will again, I love Dog Years!

But if I was forced to pick a "dragging" song, I'd probably pick TMMB. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but it gets a *little* (not a lot) repetitive. Live, though, it ROCKS! 1022.gif

But you get to hear more of Lifesons' Les Paul... 2.gif 1022.gif