Holding out for a ticket

ofsalesmen

I'm definitely planning on going to the Charlotte show but I'm not sure if I'm going with anyone. Therefore I haven't been able to buy tickets since I don't know how many to get. It seems likely I'll end up going by myself, but I'm not completely sure. Should I go ahead and try and buy a ticket now or wait? I heard that sometimes there are great ticket opportunities in the days right before a show, but I really don't want to take a chance and end up without a ticket. Any thoughts?

Wait! (IMHO) Usually day of show good seats are turning up. Check out some of the previous posts on this.

Heres what you do. I had front row tickets for detroit JUNE 10th and the day before the broker tells me they "ARENT AVAILABLE ANYMORE". So i was in a bind.

The next day(day of show) I am on my laptop, Watching tv, listning to music and hanging out with my girlfriend and checking for tickets every 10 minutes. I started at around 830 am and kept pulling up section 210 row 10. So 12:13 rolls around and I pull up 4th row alex's side. I took em but also pulled up 4 fifth row tickets as well.

So if you are going to do it, have some time on your hands and you might do it. Otherwise try and get a decent seat from brokers online(Ebay, stubhub, www.concertticketsbargains.com). They will lose money on a lot of there seats usually.

1 or 2 hours before show hang around box office or ask people in parking lot.Alot of fan's friends don't show up and they get stuck with their tickets.I've done this several times and got in every time,some times right next to stage.Some scaplers will drop their prices half of ticket value at show time.Good luck

Here was my experience for the St. Paul show. I bought a pair of 2nd row tix the day before at just about face value on ebay. I was going alone so I listed the other one plus my 10th row center single on craigslist for face value and sold both within a couple of hours.

I have had good luck on craigslist and ebay right at the end; never any luck with stubhub.

QUOTE (cubs108 @ Jul 1 2008, 12:06 AM)
Its all luck

yes.gif

I'm not sure I understand how scalpers, etc will "let go" of unsold seats the day of the show. How do I get one that same day if they arent sold? Does ticketmaster immediately show the unsold broker tickets?? so that I can just use will call to pick up? Wouldnt I have to go to the brokers office, etc...or do the brokers have representatives at the show trying to dump the unsold tix??

Well, it's two weeks and I'm in the market for a ticket. It might be a bit too early, but does anyone here have a Charlotte ticket (a good seat preferably) they'd be willing to sell? I figured I'd ask here and try Craigslist before going to eBay or Stubhub.

QUOTE (tripdad @ Jun 30 2008, 08:13 PM)
Wait! (IMHO) Usually day of show good seats are turning up. Check out some of the previous posts on this.

yes.gif Good seats do pop up at the last minute

QUOTE (ofsalesmen @ Jun 30 2008, 04:55 PM)
I'm definitely planning on going to the Charlotte show but I'm not sure if I'm going with anyone. Therefore I haven't been able to buy tickets since I don't know how many to get. It seems likely I'll end up going by myself, but I'm not completely sure. Should I go ahead and try and buy a ticket now or wait? I heard that sometimes there are great ticket opportunities in the days right before a show, but I really don't want to take a chance and end up without a ticket. Any thoughts?

Don't sweat it. I got an Irvine '08 boxoffice the day of ticket albeit nosebleed for 52 bucks but was there for 1st 5 songs, just like magic my brain didn't have to do anything, my feet kept walking to the stage all the way to the PIT!!! For Hollywood Bowl '07 I was standing right in front of Geddy no one in front of me but a security dude sitting in the Photog well, that I bought the day of the show for $400. 2.gif 1022.gif cool10.gif party on Garth.

I can't believe how hard it is to find just a single ticket. Seems they're all in twos, especially in Section 1, which I'm shooting for.

QUOTE (ofsalesmen @ Jul 9 2008, 07:46 PM)
I can't believe how hard it is to find just a single ticket. Seems they're all in twos, especially in Section 1, which I'm shooting for.

Yes, if you go to the brokers.

Alright, it's coming down to the week of in a few days... man I'm nervous.

I finally have the means to go all out with this concert so I'd really like a Section 1 seat, on Geddy's side in the Gold Circle.

Oh, and do let me know if you happen to have a ticket! Also, if anyone wants to go halfsies on a pair... they have a bunch on eBay and Stubhub.

OMG! I just got front row for tonight! Ticketmaster just put a few front seats out for sale.

Archived