Time Stand Still Video

Stickman

I guess this question has been asked before but here goes....

The women in the 'Time Stand Still Video' who is she and is really the singer on the backing vocals?

And she's cute wub.gif

2.gif 2.gif

The thing that amazed me is that TSS never (to the best of my recollection) made it into the MTV Top 20 Video Countdown, and yet "The Big Money" had remained parked around the #10 spot for several weeks two years prior. You would have thought, with its personal and emotional subject matter and Ms. Mann's presence in the video that it would have done at least as well as "The Big Money" on the charts. It just goes to show there's often little rhyme or reason in what goes over well and what doesn't. confused13.gif

I've now had the chance to listen to some of Aimee's solo stuff i bought Lost In Space and im a hardend rock fan but i really fell for this album,an awesome singer.

Thanks for your help guys and girls for introducing me to Aimee Mann.

2.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 5 2005, 08:09 PM)
'Til Tuesday-Voices Carry. An all time favorite of mine yes.gif

GREAT SONG yes.gif

QUOTE (RushGuru @ Feb 6 2005, 02:32 AM)
QUOTE (Oberon @ Feb 5 2005, 10:32 PM)
No, actually, the video is quite horrible.

laugh.gif

I guess it is kind of cheesy. I still like it though. It always keeps me interested.

this is bullshit, too. that video was awe4some when it first came out because there was no other video like it.

In 1987 videos like the ones U2 made for the album The Joshua Tree came out...remember? Now THOSE videos were awesome for the time they came out, and they can still be watched without so much as a hint of embarrassement... But Time Stand Still?? Ugh, the song is wonderful, but the video will give me nightmares if I were to see it ever again -one time on the Chronicles-dvd was enough, thank you very much!

I'm sure that a more movie-like video would have helped the song to chart better at the time... It has a cinematic feel to it. It really sounds like a movie soundtrack to me.

Archived