32 replies to this topic

#21 Neil Bird

Neil Bird

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Music, guitar playing, running, my wife&kids, reading

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 5 2005, 01:49 PM)
I was pondering this the other day....
Since the begining, Rush has always had a 'formula' for going into the studio and recording...

(from the VT tourbook):

"That was an important difference in the way we made this record(VT), compared to any in the past. We used to spend a period of time working on the songwriting, arranging, and our individual parts, then do some last-minute preproduction work with a coproducer before moving to a big-time studio to start the "official" recording. The pressure this imposed on us could be productive, and in particular I found that it could often drive me to a level of performance I hadn't reached before, but this time we wanted to do it differently-more gradually, with more time for revision and renovations."

So, what I was thinking was 'How are they going to do it this time?'  Are they gonna revert back to their 'old ways' of recording, or are they gonna embrace the "more time for revision and renovations" method they used to make VT?  Or a combination of the two?  confused13.gif  What do you think they'll do this time?

I'm hoping for the old way, myself.  Purely selfish... because it would mean the least amount of time till a NEW RUSH ALBUM and TOUR!!!! yes.gif What do you think?

2.gif

Well, with all the technologies we have now: let the fans have their say before bringing up the new album. Why not share possible tracks for the new album with fan's prior to making up the next album. Reading the Rush Forum I see a lot of people that are very experienced Rush fans. They have all kinds of wishes and dreams. Let's make the coming album a joint effort!

I like the way Marillion made their latest album: the fans could choose their fav tracks. They paid in advance (Marillion was out of money probably) and they got an album they in fact co-produced.

NeilFinal.gif  GeddyFinal.gif  AlexFinal.gif  

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

2.gif
NB

Sponsored Post

#22 Sark

Sark

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2511 posts
  • Interests:Reading, hiking/nature, movies, travel, oh and a little ol' band called Rush!

Posted 07 February 2005 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (PrimeMover @ Feb 6 2005, 01:30 AM)
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

I am pleasantly suprised having come across this site. It seems like a great place!
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the forum! Also, whatever method they use, I just hope it gets done soon and they start touring again!

#23 afansince74

afansince74

Raymond Luxury Yacht

• Members *
  • 1077 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

Some really great ideas here!  trink39.gif  And welcome, oh new ones!  You'll enjoy it here! yes.gif

Whatever it is that they do... I will love it... after all... it's  2.gif  

#24 bytorcygnus

bytorcygnus

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:Rock Music, Car Restoration, Books, Movies, Gardening, Time with friends, family, Real Estate Investing

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:10 PM

I personally hope they take their time and end up with a truly inspired piece of work ( albeit different as they all are). No muddy poorly mixed albums with 10-12 3  minute songs, PLEEZ! But, after all it's  2.gif .....who's one to complain?

One more thing..no keyboards....and..and...and...

Picky things.aren't we?

trink39.gif  

#25 ES-335

ES-335

The Peaceable Kingdummy

• Members *
  • 2789 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Feb 5 2005, 06:27 PM)
What I'd love to see is the Feedback vibe and recording process with original songs.

I agree ...   2.gif

#26 Presto45

Presto45

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2554 posts
  • Interests:I love going to Bethany Beach Delaware to Relax whenever i can after a long week at work

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:11 PM

I want some cool name for the album, and I want it to sound like Vaportrails too !!!  

#27 thetrees

thetrees

The Seeker

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:rush, music in general, sports, fitness, females, philosophy, art, literature, movies, chess

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

i actually want the new album to sound somewhat like the sounds they had during the period of 1976-1984, arguably the best years.

#28 By-Tor

By-Tor

Restless Young Rushmantic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 10:40 PM

From reading some of the responses, a sequel to 2112 is too far fetched.
But it would be cool.
I`ll settle for some songs with more riffs. AlexFinal.gif  

#29 Cato76

Cato76

The Seeker

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

I'm still hoping for a new release to be something like Moving Pictures.  For me, that's the cd where the drums, guitar, bass, keys, and vocals were all blended together.  Not a weak song on the entire cd.

#30 NeilPeartFan2112

NeilPeartFan2112

The Analog Kid - Neil's Youngest Protégé

• Members *
  • 11677 posts
  • Interests:Music, drums, collecting

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:43 PM

I don't give a damn as long as it's an awesome album.   trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif What the hell am I talking about?  IT'S RUSH, IT'S GONNA BE GOOD!  yes.gif  laugh.gif  

#31 bytorcygnus

bytorcygnus

Prime Mover

• Members *
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:Rock Music, Car Restoration, Books, Movies, Gardening, Time with friends, family, Real Estate Investing

Posted 11 February 2005 - 11:16 PM

yes.gif  

#32 afansince74

afansince74

Raymond Luxury Yacht

• Members *
  • 1077 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 10:17 AM

Just ran across these yesterday... guess I missed these bits the first read through?

"Lee said he hopes the 'relaxed, performance-based atmosphere' of making Feedback is repeated on the next Rush studio album, which the band likely won't start working on until next spring or summer." Toronto Sun, Aug. 22, 2004

"(Feedback) was almost completely recorded live, although we did go back and add a guitar solo or vocal overdub here and there...We were working in new territory because of the time constraints...After this tour we'll be starting work on the next Rush album. Recording Feedback was incredibly refreshing. We'll probably use some of the techniques we learned when working on our next album." - Geddy Lee, The Arizona Republic, Jul. 10, 2004

I Guess we DO know how they're gonna record this one... or at least how they WERE planning to record it back in Aug. anyway!  Good, I hope they stay true to that... I liked the recording on Feedback! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  

#33 NeilPeartFan2112

NeilPeartFan2112

The Analog Kid - Neil's Youngest Protégé

• Members *
  • 11677 posts
  • Interests:Music, drums, collecting

Posted 12 February 2005 - 11:12 AM

trink39.gif  trink38.gif  trink36.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users