What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

picon-punch-720x720-recipe.jpg

(wow, that picture's too big . . . .)

One of these things? Looks like this? It doesn't sound like it tastes great, but I'll try anything once. Now, how to get one where I live . . . .

Yep, that's it. First one is horrible, but they become an acquired taste. The cultural ritual around them is the best part of having one.

I love this thread! If ever I doubt whether I really am an alcoholic, I come here. When my mouth starts watering I realize that 32 years after my last drink, I'm as much of an alcoholic today as I was then.

:cheers:

32 years.

:notworthy:

• Like 3

Wine walk in Carson City today, where businesses give short pours of various wines as folks peruse their crafts and services. I sampled various red blends, including the always dependable Apothic Red, and a decent moscato. The highlight for me was jazz at the Old World Coffee Lab ("coffee lab"? pretentious much?)

Three young men from UNR laying down some pretty good stuff, and we were the only three hanging around listening. I tipped them well and wished them luck, thanking them for bringing some culture to town.

As befitting the season been spending the last week downing various Marzens and similar Octoberfest beers. Sam Adams, Bell's, Duck Rabbit, Due South, Paulaner, Warsteiner, even Yeungling.
  • Like 1

Normally, I think it's a little early in the year for the 'nog, but I'm battling a cold and it sounded like comfort food. Plus, I'm a terrible snob about whose egg nog I'll drink, but my favorite dairy had theirs on sale, so I indulged.
  • Like 1