What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

Tropical Punch Kool-Aid made with Organic Stevia extract. Zero calories, and tastes like my old Favorite, Hawaian Punch, [Which is more than 50% sugar substitute] :hail:

0YrLfCq.pngMy next favorite from my Childhood, Chocolate Milk. 'Medicine'!

http://themartinhotel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/picon04.jpg

Picon Punch, a traditional Basque-American drink, and a staple of Northern Nevada night life.

The history: http://www.edibleren...tory-with-punch

The recipe:

Build in a highball or collins glass filled with ice.

Add Amer Picon and grenadine, then give a quick stir.

Top with club soda, then the brandy float.

Garnish with a lemon rind twist.

http://woolgrowers.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/basquepicon.jpg

I stopped by the Martin last night in time to witness Picon history being made. What apparently started as a guy and some friends having a Friday Basque lunch ended up with him breaking the long-standing record for the number of Picons drunk in one sitting (20). Over a six-hour period, the guy drank 22 of them.

I'm drinking VC tonight as I did Wednesday and then it's going to be Bloody Marys with Tito's and a metric shit ton of Tobasco, tomorrow. My dear uncle passed away on Thursday and he loved himself a spicy, strong Bloody Mary. Time to have a few in his honor.

:hail: Edited by goose

Jumped into TW and picked up my Christmas and early post Christmas beer, a six of Dortmumder Gold and two each Bell's Lager, Amber, and Double Cream Stout. Will probably get back in there at the end of next week for New Year's brews. And this doesn't count what I down at the local watering holes during the bowl games. :givebeer: :givebeer: :givebeer:

We went to a new hard cider distillery and tap room for brunch today! You can order flights, which we did-

ahulCdDm.jpg

Mine was the flight with the blue cider! :LOL: It was a house cider-

Blue Illusi*n- "well balanced blueberry lavender with pleasant sweetness". (lavender was too strong and it tasted a little like soap . . .)

Sir Charles Strawberry Valkyr*e- "apple cider flavored with strawberry" (it was alright but not sure why I ordered since I like dry flavors . . .)

Sir Charles Atac*ma Bone Dry- "hard cider with no added sugar- it's bone dry!" ding ding ding we have a winner ! This was the best by far!

OK so that was really fun but then this happened- they had a drawing and Mr. blues and I each won a free pint. Trying to support this place, we picked another house cider-

Sweet Magic- "This mouth-puckering, subtropical grapefruit cider is pure sunshine. Floral notes provided by Citra and Centennial hops."

Actually it tasted very unusual but very good, but when we were about half way through with this one we each got head slamming horrible headaches. What kind of dummies order grapefruit hard cider?? :LOL: :LOL: It made for an afternoon where nothing got done. :( I think we would go again but stick to one or two APPLE hard ciders . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

We went to a new hard cider distillery and tap room for brunch today! You can order flights, which we did-

ahulCdDm.jpg

Mine was the flight with the blue cider! :LOL: It was a house cider-

Blue Illusi*n- "well balanced blueberry lavender with pleasant sweetness". (lavender was too strong and it tasted a little like soap . . .)

Sir Charles Strawberry Valkyr*e- "apple cider flavored with strawberry" (it was alright but not sure why I ordered since I like dry flavors . . .)

Sir Charles Atac*ma Bone Dry- "hard cider with no added sugar- it's bone dry!" ding ding ding we have a winner ! This was the best by far!

OK so that was really fun but then this happened- they had a drawing and Mr. blues and I each won a free pint. Trying to support this place, we picked another house cider-

Sweet Magic- "This mouth-puckering, subtropical grapefruit cider is pure sunshine. Floral notes provided by Citra and Centennial hops."

Actually it tasted very unusual but very good, but when we were about half way through with this one we each got head slamming horrible headaches. What kind of dummies order grapefruit hard cider?? :LOL: :LOL: It made for an afternoon where nothing got done. :( I think we would go again but stick to one or two APPLE hard ciders . .

Sounds like a fun night!
  • Like 3

Ah, back to one of my favorite rites of spring. Coca-Cola Classic Kosher for Passover

The real Real Thing, made with sugar instead of HFCS.

• Like 1

Belching Beaver Brewery (Oceanside,CA) Peanut Butter Milk Stout

Though I’d get some alky in at Ontario airport before I head up to SLC, UT. With “cascading aromas of roasted peanuts, dark chocolate and coffee.” It’s actually at the same Mexican place that was featured in the movie Red Eye but it’s now a Cross Grain Brewhouse.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Kool Aid Lemonade powder made with water and Organic Stevia powder. no sugar, or HFCS

aUR23GD.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1