What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

A pre-dinner Aviation. For those not well-versed in classic cocktails:

Gin, Luxardo, crème de violette, lemon juice.

Do you make all these yourself? If so, you must have well-stocked bar!
  • Like 1

A pre-dinner Aviation. For those not well-versed in classic cocktails:

Gin, Luxardo, crème de violette, lemon juice.

Do you make all these yourself? If so, you must have well-stocked bar!

Keeping it simple tonight with a Bailey's and Kahlua mudslide. This has been my go-to hangover drink for a while...got pretty wasted last night on Guinness with the boys and am paying dearly for it.
  • Like 1

Keeping it simple tonight with a Bailey's and Kahlua mudslide. This has been my go-to hangover drink for a while...got pretty wasted last night on Guinness with the boys and am paying dearly for it.

That sounds good

I'm unfortunately often too much of a cheap-ass to get nice liqueurs for more creamy drinks. I ought to change that.

To further lose the respect of my alcohol peers here, I'm having a couple shots of Ezra Brooks tonight

look, the last couple bottles were quite pricey, and I'm trying to offset that

• Like 1

Goose, it looks like I tried to respond to you on Oct. 1, but the message is blank. I was probably drunk :laughing guy: (Kidding. This sort of thing happens when I try to access TRF on a phone rather than a laptop!)

Anyway, whereas my friends and acquaintances might have 7 different bottles of, say, interesting Scotches available, I only keep one bottle of whiskey, gin, vodka on hand at a time. But I stock the hell up on crazy ingredients (Fernet, green and yellow chartreuse, aperol, Campari, St. Germain, tons of bitters, etc.) in order to make old-school (and new-, actually) cocktails! It's a lot of fun. In fact, it was becoming too much fun that I made the decision to dial the consumption way back over the past year. Everything in moderation, after all.

*hic!*

Goose, it looks like I tried to respond to you on Oct. 1, but the message is blank. I was probably drunk :laughing guy: (Kidding. This sort of thing happens when I try to access TRF on a phone rather than a laptop!)

Anyway, whereas my friends and acquaintances might have 7 different bottles of, say, interesting Scotches available, I only keep one bottle of whiskey, gin, vodka on hand at a time. But I stock the hell up on crazy ingredients (Fernet, green and yellow chartreuse, aperol, Campari, St. Germain, tons of bitters, etc.) in order to make old-school (and new-, actually) cocktails! It's a lot of fun. In fact, it was becoming too much fun that I made the decision to dial the consumption way back over the past year. Everything in moderation, after all.

*hic!*

Those old school cocktails are fun, but dangerous. I remember my parents holding parties and folks enjoying all the classics, but they get so tuned up I'd find folks on the couch messing up my Saturday cartoon plans. :LOL:
  • Like 2

http://www.groceryheadquarters.com/2014/09/Firemans-Brew-Now-Distributed-in-Michigan-and-at-Fresh-Easy/FiremansBrew.jpg

Incredibly refreshing pilsner lager from Fireman's Brew. Simple, easy on the palette, and a good toasty flavor.

• Like 1

Heading to a sports bar to watch the UFC PPV tonight, will probably kill a pitcher of Yeungling.

I don't get the praise that Yeungling gets. I tried both the traditional and light lagers they have, but nothing really separates them from other traditional American lagers. What's the big deal exactly?