What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

Hot and nasty here in So FL, 97 on the screened in back porch. Staying inside in the AC and downing some Sam Adams Summer Ales.

An ale that is new to me - Imperial Red from Wychwood Brewery. Very nice indeed.

Ommegang Nirvana IPA.

First had it at Stouts in NYC before last week's MSG show, and I liked it enough to grab a six pack. I believe sullysue had it as well. :hail:

I did! It was good. :hail:

Ommegang Nirvana IPA.

First had it at Stouts in NYC before last week's MSG show, and I liked it enough to grab a six pack. I believe sullysue had it as well. :hail:

Not quite on Stone IPA's level, but I liked the citrus notes.

Ommegang Nirvana IPA.

Nothing compares to Stone. I'm ok with the citrus-y IPA's. But, I prefer the ballsy ones like Stone. Super hoppy without being annoyingly so. That's what I don't like about Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. It's a little too bitter, when it really doesn't need to be.

Ommegang Nirvana IPA.

Nothing compares to Stone. I'm ok with the citrus-y IPA's. But, I prefer the ballsy ones like Stone. Super hoppy without being annoyingly so. That's what I don't like about Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA. It's a little too bitter, when it really doesn't need to be.

I happen to love SN Torpedo, but I get where you're coming from. You would probably hate Blue Point Hoptical Illusion -- it's lip-puckeringly hoppy and cirtusy.

Ommegang Nirvana IPA.

I happen to love SN Torpedo, but I get where you're coming from. You would probably hate Blue Point Hoptical Illusion -- it's lip-puckeringly hoppy and cirtusy.

Yeah, I might not like that. I still need to have an Arrogant Bastard, though! And, I believe you still owe me a glass of a certain single malt Scotch. ;)

Ommegang Nirvana IPA.

Yeah, I might not like that. I still need to have an Arrogant Bastard, though! And, I believe you still owe me a glass of a certain single malt Scotch. ;)

Next meetup! :yes:

http://www.alcobut.ru/assets/images/VISKI-NOVIJ/BLEK-VELVET/Black-Velvet-Reserve8-Y.jpg

This. Honestly a fantastic whiskey for the price, of $10. Better than Jim Beam at half the price.

Now my go-to cheap ass drank.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for the cheap but good whiskey recs. i havent been doing alot of the hard stuff but need a little sipper to go along with my beers. I assume this is smooth on the rocks?

Wow, thanks for the cheap but good whiskey recs. i havent been doing alot of the hard stuff but need a little sipper to go along with my beers. I assume this is smooth on the rocks?

I honestly haven't tried. For cheap stuff I look for a shooter and mixer. Maybe I'll give that a go soonish.