All The World's A Stage

troutman

Troutman and Headache -- welcome to this board!! trink39.gif trink39.gif

This thread is right up my alley. I love the little things that are in the music - things that could get by you for years only to be discovered by accident or though somebody telling you about it.

I started a thread a while back that sort of brings to the surface some of the stuff that's tucked away within the music. If you have anything more to contribute... please add to it. I'd love to hear more things my ears have missed over the years!! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Great Sounds in the Songs

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (ChefEllwood @ Feb 6 2005, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (RushGuru @ Feb 6 2005, 12:14 PM)
Are you talking about when the fan screams "Nighthawk!" during Bastille day?

Legend has it that the person screaming "NightHawk" is none other than comedian Mike Myers. He was screaming the name of the band his brother was in.

Could somebody please reveal the rest of the puzzle, as it's driving me crazy? I can't find the rest of the answer, and I must admit, I'm somewhat embarassed considering I've been a fan for almost 30 years, and still listen to ATWAS. wacko.gif

It was actually his brother, not him. Mike Myers gives that brief story at the Tsunami Benefit as he introduces Rush.

Hey Pagonoman, thanks for the welcome. Yea, these are the things I alway's listen for on any Rush Album. You never know what your going to here. Just off the Rush subject. Have you noticed anything a cool about the cover of Boston's first album!!! rofl3.gif

troutman & the Beagle biggrin.gif

That's awsome Syrinx, rofl3.gif my first Rush concert was AFTK in 1977. to this day I alway's wished I had seen them a year or two before, especially the one you went to. I'm jealous!!! How many people do you think were there? just curious.

troutman trink39.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Massey hall holds about 3000 people, and I believe they played 3 nights that stand. It is still my favourite concert venue in the Toronto area. It is a very old majestic building (like Carnegie Hall), and isn't used for rock concerts as much anymore. I saw a lot of big acts there besides Rush, including The Police, Styx etc. I was lucky enough to be a 13-14 year old Torontonian, into heavy rock music. By the time Rush did the ATWAS shows they were very big in Toronto. I was listening to them from the first lp on - a friend turned me on to them. My friend actually saw them as an underager at the Colonial Tavern in Toronto. I subsequently saw them on all the tours thru the mid 80's, and then stopped for about 14 years. Now I am back with a vengeance!!

QUOTE (Syrinx @ Feb 10 2005, 04:07 PM)
Massey hall holds about 3000 people, and I believe they played 3 nights that stand. It is still my favourite concert venue in the Toronto area. It is a very old majestic building (like Carnegie Hall), and isn't used for rock concerts as much anymore. I saw a lot of big acts there besides Rush, including The Police, Styx etc. I was lucky enough to be a 13-14 year old Torontonian, into heavy rock music. By the time Rush did the ATWAS shows they were very big in Toronto. I was listening to them from the first lp on - a friend turned me on to them. My friend actually saw them as an underager at the Colonial Tavern in Toronto. I subsequently saw them on all the tours thru the mid 80's, and then stopped for about 14 years. Now I am back with a vengeance!!

Syrinx - did you attend any of those New Year's Eve shows at the Gardens with Rush & Max Webster? Now THAT would have been excellent as well!

hey cygnus27, I can remember yrs, ago 2.gif doing a song wlth max webster can't remember the name of it but is was really good!! biggrin.gif can you tell me more about the band? obviously they and 2.gif are pretty tight, thanks.

troutman 653.gif and the beagle cheer.gif

trink39.gif

I was at all those Rush / Max Webster New Years shows, although I believe they played two nights some times, so it may not have always been on New Years Eve. The song Rush did with Max Webster was "Battlescar" on Max's Universal Juveniles lp. Max Webster never reached the level of success that they deserved. They were one of the most unique, tight, awesome bands of all time!

Archived