Next Tour

darth by tor

Ok, so neil permitting I think its pretty much a given that 2006 is when they will tour.

I think that the R30 tour was visually and musically a fantastic show and had a setlist that was pretty hard to beat. So, what would you resonably expect the boys would pick for a set list on the next tour?

I would love for them to do 2112, as I was living in the Uk when they last did it and the t4e tour didnt include europe. Also maybe a little of The fountain of lamneth in the accoustic segment, Panacea maybe?

Whadda ya all think??

lol soup and salad hehehe

I too would love to hear 2112 in it's entirety again wub.gif I'd also love to hear Xanadu in its entirety again...and of course I'd love to hear them play Lakeside Park live - I've never heard that one in person wub.gif ...hmmm then theres some of the slower acoustical numbers they've never done that I would love to hear them incorporate into the acoustic set they've had the past two tours like Tears and Rivendell >sigh< that would be awesome wub.gif

between sun and moon tongue.gif YYZ, la villa strangiato, definately limelight...stuff from their counterparts album would be awesome, they didnt play too much of that on the rio and R30 tours sad.gif

There is a list of about 25 +/- songs they have never played live. The list is somewhere on the Power Windows site.

That would be an awesome set to hear.

How about only songs longer than 8 minutes...

QUOTE (True Believer @ Feb 5 2005, 01:09 AM)
I'd love them just to come to Australia - don't care what they played! yes.gif

Good point, but I'm afraid if I were a betting man I wouldn't be staking too much on that happening, I'm afraid.

My personal wish is an Irish gig, but I fear that's equally unlikely.

Musically, apart from the obvious ones, I'd like to hear Entre Nous, Prime Mover, Fear (1 to 4), Passage to Bangkok (in full), Here Again, Digital Man and Manhatten Project.

'Available Light'.

OK, throwing out ones I would love to hear but no there is no way they would ever play them: Camera Eye, Fountain of Lamneth, Hemispheres in it's entirety, Losing It.

Now, how about: Jacobs Ladder, Anthem, Bangkok, Hemispheres:Prelude, Digital Man, Afterimage and Peaceable Kingdom.

As far as songs they don't normally do live:

These are what I would like them to play:

Afterimage

Grand Designs

Freeze

Circumstances

also like perhaps to see them do something with Limbo as their instrumental this time.

I really, really want them to play Witch Hunt.

And Mystic Rhythms again.

And Cygnus X-1.

And Bastille Day.

And Anthem.

And Between Sun and Moon.

And... etc, etc...

I would like to see Geddy get rid of his samplers and bring out the old keyboards. I wanna see him bring out the Minimoog, Oberheim OB-X and Taurus pedals. The sound of those keyboards is so much fatter than these digital samplers. It would be so much more authentic. For example, listen to the RiR keyboard interlude on YYZ, you can barely hear it! These kinds of parts in older songs would ring much clearer if he brought these analog powerhouses out of retirement, even if just for one tour. As a matter of fact, Ged did bring the Mnimoog out of retirement for the T4E tour; he could do it again!

Archived