Wow

D-13

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 13 2005, 06:08 PM)
wow..very graphic wink.gif

how long've you been working at snowboarding?? looks pretty complicated! i'm so glad you had a good time though!!

Oh and you just have to think....I sometimes think too much...like during my practice runs I did nothing but falling...and I was like...rice this is hopeless...what the eff am I gonna do now? You just have to think smartly...not overthink like i did. I was thinking more about how to ride the pipe....I don't go up the walls straight...I go at an angle so I can carry some distance...for this pipe it was better if you went straight....so I choose to do that...didn't work AT ALL during practice. And then I was thinking too much on the grabs...and then too much on spinning. My coach came up to me and said just do what you do best...and that was that....oh and I have been riding for 7 years....yikes i'm an oldie laugh.gif I was riding for at least a good 4 years of just nothing....no park no pipe...just riding terrain....I think that was a very smart move even though I never thought it would be today. It certainly helps me in everything that I do today....my other friends didnt have that opportunity....they went straight to the park. I than began going into the park slowly...I don't like rails too much. I can't feel my shin anymore....the feeling is literally gone...the numbness is bigger than a hockey puck...and I won't have feeling there ever again laugh.gif whoops!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 13 2005, 05:40 PM)
wow..very graphic  wink.gif

how long've you been working at snowboarding??  looks pretty complicated!  i'm so glad you had a good time though!!

Oh and you just have to think....I sometimes think too much...like during my practice runs I did nothing but falling...and I was like...rice this is hopeless...what the eff am I gonna do now? You just have to think smartly...not overthink like i did. I was thinking more about how to ride the pipe....I don't go up the walls straight...I go at an angle so I can carry some distance...for this pipe it was better if you went straight....so I choose to do that...didn't work AT ALL during practice. And then I was thinking too much on the grabs...and then too much on spinning. My coach came up to me and said just do what you do best...and that was that....oh and I have been riding for 7 years....yikes i'm an oldie laugh.gif I was riding for at least a good 4 years of just nothing....no park no pipe...just riding terrain....I think that was a very smart move even though I never thought it would be today. It certainly helps me in everything that I do today....my other friends didnt have that opportunity....they went straight to the park. I than began going into the park slowly...I don't like rails too much. I can't feel my shin anymore....the feeling is literally gone...the numbness is bigger than a hockey puck...and I won't have feeling there ever again laugh.gif whoops!

ohmy.gif

No feelings in your legs from riding on rails? Wow I think I'm almost glad now I never took up snowboarding tongue.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 13 2005, 06:43 PM)

how long've you been working at snowboarding??  looks pretty complicated!  i'm so glad you had a good time though!!

ohmy.gif

No feelings in your legs from riding on rails? Wow I think I'm almost glad now I never took up snowboarding tongue.gif

Yea....I called it the death box LOL I couldn't believe it (while in intense pain) that I had hit the same spot 4 times in under 1 month....It was baaaaaaaaaad

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 13 2005, 05:45 PM)

ohmy.gif

Yea....I called it the death box LOL I couldn't believe it (while in intense pain) that I had hit the same spot 4 times in under 1 month....It was baaaaaaaaaad

That sounds so unbearable, you are one tough girl tongue.gif

I have only broken bones twice before, once my wrist because I rode my bike through a sand pile (stoopid sand) and slid to a crash. And the other time when I cracked my L5 in a couple places. That didnt hurt as much physically, but made me have to stop dancing for 5 years mad.gif , glad its all gone now and I can dance again biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Moonraker @ Feb 13 2005, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 13 2005, 05:45 PM)

ohmy.gif

That sounds so unbearable, you are one tough girl tongue.gif

I have only broken bones twice before, once my wrist because I rode my bike through a sand pile (stoopid sand) and slid to a crash. And the other time when I cracked my L5 in a couple places. That didnt hurt as much physically, but made me have to stop dancing for 5 years mad.gif , glad its all gone now and I can dance again biggrin.gif

yea I have never done any of that...and I don't want to talk about it cuz things happen.....*Knocks on every type of wood in my room* glad your dancing again! smile.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 13 2005, 08:40 PM)

wow, super-descriptive!

i have a problem with over-analyzing too, i do it everywhere! people hate it when i overthink things..it gets on everybody's nerves, i wish i wouldn't do it, but you know how it is..it's hard to change who you are!

so according to your pf at least, you've been playing guitar & snowboarding for about the same amount of time, right?

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 13 2005, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 13 2005, 08:40 PM)
Oh and you just have to think....I sometimes think too much...like during my practice runs I did nothing but falling...and I was like...rice this is hopeless...what the eff am I gonna do now?  You just have to think smartly...not overthink like i did.  I was thinking more about how to ride the pipe....I don't go up the walls straight...I go at an angle so I can carry some distance...for this pipe it was better if you went straight....so I choose to do that...didn't work AT ALL during practice.  And then I was thinking too much on the grabs...and then too much on spinning.  My coach came up to me and said just do what you do best...and that was that....oh and I have been riding for 7 years....yikes i'm an oldie  laugh.gif  I was riding for at least a good 4 years of just nothing....no park no pipe...just riding terrain....I think that was a very smart move even though I never thought it would be today.  It certainly helps me in everything that I do today....my other friends didnt have that opportunity....they went straight to the park.  I than began going into the park slowly...I don't like rails too much.  I can't feel my shin anymore....the feeling is literally gone...the numbness is bigger than a hockey puck...and I won't have feeling there ever again laugh.gif  whoops!

wow, super-descriptive!

i have a problem with over-analyzing too, i do it everywhere! people hate it when i overthink things..it gets on everybody's nerves, i wish i wouldn't do it, but you know how it is..it's hard to change who you are!

so according to your pf at least, you've been playing guitar & snowboarding for about the same amount of time, right?

Pretty much lol...that was like grade 6....yep I think thats when I realized that I was probably some old hippie in a past life.......hence the classic rock, Rush, Guitar, and snowboarding....lol well snowboarding...doesn't really fit....hehe. yea I took up guitar when I was in grade 6...honestly I can't remember why I did...I know my mom had a guitar....with a bird on it!! LOL and she never played it...so I was like...meh guitar....coooool. I then started to teach myself...with no teachers whatsoever...I dunno why I didn't have teachers...my teacher was Angus Young hehe and all those other cool bands out there. Lifeson is affecting me now a bit...You play bass right? ummm where do you live? lol

Heh I had a chance to be on T.V actaully.....the guy asked us if anyone had dreams to go to the olympics....umm course I was like...yea....but I kept it to myself...I don't like the media...

RESULTS!!!!!!!

I got 18th overall...but i'm 8th if you take out all seniors....and I got 6.50 points...so now I have a better chance at being able to go to nationals...judging was corrupted again...wait...when is it never corrupted? oh never. but I couldn't careless.....except this one... ummm KUBIK Alexandra.....did nothing..I dont understand...everytime she practices in our pipe I see her do NOTHING...and in the comps she did nothing! Spin to win...she hardly spins...and she got 15th...

My Friend Lauren SHANAHAN...she was the one that had a concussion and couldn't remember anything after christmas....and she's back!! even tho she beat me...I don't care...as long as she's riding...so I can keep pushing myself to beat her LOL! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (D-13 @ Feb 13 2005, 09:13 PM)
Pretty much lol...that was like grade 6....yep I think thats when I realized that I was probably some old hippie in a past life.......hence the classic rock, Rush, Guitar, and snowboarding....lol well snowboarding...doesn't really fit....hehe. yea I took up guitar when I was in grade 6...honestly I can't remember why I did...I know my mom had a guitar....with a bird on it!! LOL and she never played it...so I was like...meh guitar....coooool. I then started to teach myself...with no teachers whatsoever...I dunno why I didn't have teachers...my teacher was Angus Young hehe and all those other cool bands out there. Lifeson is affecting me now a bit...You play bass right? ummm where do you live? lol

wow, i didn't decide i wanted to play til 8th grade! i didn't get into any rock other than RUSH until 8th, either..i kinda exploded then! tongue.gif

yeah, that's pretty much how it started w/ me..my dad had an old cheap electric guitar, & my aunt'd just given us an old 2 ton bass amp, so we hooked it up & i got calluses the first night..i'd been watching Ged on the RIR dvd, & decided i really wanted to play bass instead..so Dad took me to a pawn shop & i held my first bass guitar. for my bday, he bought me an ibanez combo pack with a little tiny amp so i could play in my room. my mom hates that i play bass, she put me through 3 yrs of piano lessons..so she won't pay for any bass lessons. it's more fun to be self-taught anyways, you get to develop your own style..which i'm sure you know wink.gif biggrin.gif

i live in North Carolina, US..plenty of thick southern accents down here tongue.gif

CONGRATS ON THE 18TH PLACE..you go girl!! biggrin.gif you really represented there chica! tongue.gif

cool.gif

Archived