Grace Under Pressure Tour Video

darth by tor

Long since deleted on VHS. I Practically wore my copy out!

I feel this needs a DVD release and if so. Put the whole show on there rather than a paltry hour. Great Set, Great Threads (Alex's Pants!) And Fantastic performance from all, Check out Geddy screaming at the start of Finding my way!

Sorry, I dont have time for Count Floyd.

What really gets me going is the way hey segue from YYZ to Temples! METAL!

And as I mentioned in my initial post Geddy getting into the Banshee wailing On finding my way gives me goose bumps and Neils stick throws and alex's "Guitar Face" during yyz. IT RULES!

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 3 2005, 06:48 PM)
The great mystery: Why the boys don't put those old shows out on DVD? And include the entire show like darth said. They'd make a lot of $$$ and the fans would be happy. common001.gif cheer.gif trink39.gif yes.gif

Overkill.... You wouldn't want to turn them into $$$$ sellouts like U2 or Metallica. no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 4 2005, 02:36 AM)
QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 3 2005, 06:48 PM)
The great mystery: Why the boys don't put those old shows out on DVD? And include the entire show like darth said. They'd make a lot of $$$ and the fans would be happy. common001.gif  cheer.gif  trink39.gif  yes.gif

Overkill.... You wouldn't want to turn them into $$$$ sellouts like U2 or Metallica. no.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

making the fans happy wouldn't be selling out. The fans have been pleading for these releases on DVD since DVD became a widespread format. How is giving the fans what they are begging for selling out?

QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 4 2005, 02:46 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 4 2005, 02:39 AM)
I have never seen this one. I would love to have it!!!

I was at this show Nut it was my first 2 Rush concerts. Friday and Saturday night at MLG. Great shows you should check out. AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

My first show too SOR....where were you sitting? I was stuck way up in the greys, but it was still an incredible experience 1022.gif

Don't know about the rest of you, but I would much rather have Exit...Stage Left re-released on DVD than the GUP Tour vid. Not that I don't want the GUP Tour Vid, I want them both. If it had to be one or the other, it would be ESL pour moi.

QUOTE (redstar86 @ Feb 4 2005, 12:21 PM)
Don't know about the rest of you, but I would much rather have Exit...Stage Left re-released on DVD than the GUP Tour vid. Not that I don't want the GUP Tour Vid, I want them both. If it had to be one or the other, it would be ESL pour moi.

yes.gif and can you imagine if they released ESL on DVD with the ENTIRE Show on it? Think RiR sold a lot of copies? I'd wager a full length ESL on DVD would sell many more.

That would be marvellous but lets think about it for a minute.

Do you really think that the omitted footage from concerts that are over twenty years old would still exist and if so would it be salvagable?

Floyds' live version of "The Wall" released four years ago, had the engineer of the project baking the tapes in an oven to release build up on them so, they could be usuable. Now the thing is Floyd could release Dave Gilmour Farting and people would buy it, theres a HUGE market for any form of new (Even if old material) release from Pink Floyd.

So, taking into account that Rush do not have that large a market would they be prepared to undertake such a project? I think we may get the Previous concerts available on DVD eventually but I really dont (As much as I would love for it to happen) think that there would be any "special editions" or "Directors Cuts" made available.

Dont stop me dreaming though!

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Feb 4 2005, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (spirit of radio @ Feb 4 2005, 02:46 AM)
QUOTE (Drumnut @ Feb 4 2005, 02:39 AM)
I have never seen this one. I would love to have it!!!

I was at this show Nut it was my first 2 Rush concerts. Friday and Saturday night at MLG. Great shows you should check out. AlexFinal.gif NeilFinal.gif GeddyFinal.gif

My first show too SOR....where were you sitting? I was stuck way up in the greys, but it was still an incredible experience 1022.gif

B.N I was sitting in the high cool10.gif greens on Friday night and 15th row floor Alex side on Saturday... What a 2.gif trink38.gif trink39.gif 1287.gif ARGH

Archived