Rush Concerts

JRR

Does anyone know if Rush is still touring anymore? Anyone know if they are coming to Little Rock, AR? I tried to find a list of their upcoming events, but had no luck....

NeilFinal.gif

QUOTE (JRR @ Feb 3 2005, 10:22 AM)
Does anyone know if Rush is still touring anymore? Anyone know if they are coming to Little Rock, AR? I tried to find a list of their upcoming events, but had no luck....

NeilFinal.gif

Tour ended in Europe in October - they toured 60+ dates worldwide from May 29th through October. They will tour again soon I imagine yes.gif

Let's define the word soon. If we are talking the Rush definition of soon I think a tour in 2006 is probably the soonest we can hope for. The boys have stated their intent to record a new album and then possibly tour.

On that note, has anyone heard a time frame for them hitting the studio? I thought the first of '05 was the tentative time they had set. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 3 2005, 12:37 PM)
On that note, has anyone heard a time frame for them hitting the studio? I thought the first of '05 was the tentative time they had set.  confused13.gif

Starting recording this summer was the last tentative date I heard when Alex (or maybe it was geddy confused13.gif )was being interviewed around the time of the Tsunamii benefit

2006 at the earliest. They only tour from Spring to Fall these days, 'cause they old men now and they'd rather not brave the cold weather. Plus, Neil can ride his bike all over the country that way without running into snow, etc..

2.gif

I see Neil as a somewhat enigmatic person. He seems very boring. I mean, he reads books just about every waking moment and when he's not doing that he rides his motorcycle around. BOOOOOOOR-ING. Does the guy not like people or what. I realize he is independent, but he seems so independent that I wonder why he even got married again. Can anybody here relate to him? I am kind of intimidated by the fellow. confused13.gif

Have you read Neil's books? Have you seen the videos (RiR, AWiP)? There is much more to Neil than just reading and motorcycles.

Neil is a very private person. He doesn't deal with the crowds and publicity that are part of a new album release or of touring. So we don't "see" him that much. Most of what we do see of him is carefully and pre-planned released info.

His books are a very personal look into his life, and you see many more of his interests and relationships with friends and family. As for getting married again - just because someone is an introvert doesn't mean they can't have a wonderful marriage. I for one love my hubby very much, but I certainly need to escape on my own every once in a while!

...JMHO....

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Feb 3 2005, 12:59 PM)
On that note, has anyone heard a time frame for them hitting the studio? I thought the first of '05 was the tentative time they had set.  confused13.gif

Starting recording this summer was the last tentative date I heard when Alex (or maybe it was geddy confused13.gif )was being interviewed around the time of the Tsunamii benefit

So, recording in the summer, does that mean they are writing now or will begin soon?

this is prolly a stupid question....but is there anyone who knows any of the members of Rush, like personally? like how to contact them individually?

I can't wait to hear their next tour and album......i hope they do continue to tour and play...

Rush in Rio sounded like that was their last tour...didn't it?

QUOTE (JRR @ Feb 3 2005, 02:18 PM)
this is prolly a stupid question....but is there anyone who knows any of the members of Rush, like personally? like how to contact them individually?

I can't wait to hear their next tour and album......i hope they do continue to tour and play...

Thankfully, no. The Rush in Rio dvd was recorded on the Vapor Trails tour. The boys toured last year on the R30 tour. The R30 was their name for their 30th anniversary together as a band (with Neil). It was amazing.

QUOTE (JRR @ Feb 3 2005, 02:18 PM)

As they get older, it becomes harder to tour like they have. By the way, I know someone who grew up with the Weinribs. That was not enough to get any memorabilia, though.

QUOTE (JRR @ Feb 3 2005, 11:57 AM)
Thanks Apollo.....I sure hope they do and come to little rock so i can see them in concert......

Welcome to the board JRR! I live in N.W. Arkansas myself. They haven't done Little Rock since I've lived here, so I wouldn't count on it! sad.gif I have to see them in either Kansas City (my favorite), or St. Louis (probably a straighter shot for you from L.R.). I'm guessing Memphis or Nashville might be closer to you?? or Dallas? Not sure off hand.

QUOTE (Snowdog @ Feb 3 2005, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (Bastille Night @ Feb 3 2005, 12:59 PM)

So, recording in the summer, does that mean they are writing now or will begin soon?

I know Neil keeps a notebook full of ideas and stuff that he adds to whenever, but I get the impression from all that I've ever read that Neil starts putting all these thing together into lyrics once they're in the studio, while Geddy and Alex are starting to put down some basic music tracks down at the other end of the studio. If that's the case, then it'll be summer of 2005 before anything really happens.

QUOTE (afansince74 @ Feb 4 2005, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (JRR @ Feb 3 2005, 11:57 AM)
Thanks Apollo.....I sure hope they do and come to little rock so i can see them in concert......

Welcome to the board JRR! I live in N.W. Arkansas myself. They haven't done Little Rock since I've lived here, so I wouldn't count on it! sad.gif I have to see them in either Kansas City (my favorite), or St. Louis (probably a straighter shot for you from L.R.). I'm guessing Memphis or Nashville might be closer to you?? or Dallas? Not sure off hand.

I'm from Lawrence KS and i drove all the way to Nashville for the opening concert of the R30 tour. Man what a trip that was. laugh.gif It was so worth it though. Another tour would be sweet it'd be great to see them live again! How hard is it to get meet and greet passes for a show? And has anyone here met the band?

When I went to the R30 concert in Saratoga this past summer the guy sitting behind me won an online meet and greet thing. (You had to guess the opening song of the second half of the show to qualify; stupidly I guessed One Little Victory but that was used for the Vapor Trails tour). So he got to go backstage before the show and spend like 10 minutes within, mostly just getting a pictures and a few signatures, and that was it. But still, got to meet Rush and all he had to do was type in two words: Tom Sawyer. Lucky bugger!

Waited 5 hours in a lineup to meet Geddy at a record shop in Dearborn Michigan.

I have a few great pictures and of course the autographed pieces....My Fav Headache and Rush...through time. I would do it again in a minute....

I agree with Snowdog that the earliest they will tour is 2006. It seems like they have a pattern. 2002 VT, 2004 R30, and then 2006 for their new album. I hope their new album is as good as Vapor Trails was. I also hope they go on tour again. It would be awesome to hear them live many more times. trink39.gif trink36.gif trink38.gif

Archived