Subliminal Messages?

happysmiles007

i found a site that actually allows you to play the songs backwards..

Led Zeppelin -- Stairway to Heaven

Queen -- Another One Bites the Dust

i know, wtf, but it's worth a listen. the stairway to heaven one is a lot more believable than the Queen one, imo, because stairway to heaven makes no sense. however, i still find it hard to believe that any self-respecting rock group would record that..unless they didn't write the lyrics. hey, you never know!

anyways, i thought it was pretty cool at best, if not plausible.

QUOTE (kazzman @ Feb 2 2005, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 2 2005, 08:27 PM)
i'm thinking super hard but it's not coming to me!!  tongue.gif

You need a copy of The Wall on vinyl...

There's your first hint.

Hint #2

An odd little contraption called a record player.

Reminds me of this partial quote from an editorial by Neil called ROCK GROUPS HARDLY SATANISTIC, found in The Daily Texan, a Univ of Texas newspaper, from the early '80's:

"And here they are accusing rock musicians of being sincere and dedicated satanists attempting to poison the souls of America's youth with subliminal messages of devil-worship. You know that's almost a very good joke! Almost.

As one who knows many of these "demonic figures" personally, especially some of those mentioned in the article, the idea of some of these sold-out, burnt-out, cynical, strutting peacocks being so deeply and religiously committed to anything (save their "image" and chart numbers) is also a bit of a joke. And a pretty lame one at that!

These nameless mercenaries don't even demonstrate that kind of commitment in their music why on earth would they be bothered to go to all that trouble to put anything else into it? All they need (and care) to do is find a kind of lowest common denominator of commercial "acceptability.""

The Eagles hotel California has like 27 messages in it. All satanic too.

So does the battle of evermore by Zeppelin. So does Snowblind by Styx. Theres more.

If you say "He is mickum nar" and play it backwards, it says my full name. No lie.

I used to have a reel to reel tape player and I used to play around with it and play things backwards.

I had a tape of some Christian preacher who had all the messages from all the bands that they found. On the tape he mentioned Rush, they couldn't find any messages but they did mention the logo, they said the naked man was pulling power fr0m the pentagram. He also mentioned the Hemispheres album cover, he said the guy in black represented evil and the naked man represented purity. The naked man was on the right side of the brain which is your conscience part and the evil man was on the left which is your subconscience part of the brain. I think I remembered it correctly. It's been 25 or so years ago when I heard it. But he said the artwork for Rush was evil. lol

QUOTE (Indica @ Feb 2 2005, 09:40 PM)
I had a tape of some Christian preacher who had all the messages from all the bands that they found. On the tape he mentioned Rush, they couldn't find any messages but they did mention the logo, they said the naked man was pulling power fr0m the pentagram. He also mentioned the Hemispheres album cover, he said the guy in black represented evil and the naked man represented purity. The naked man was on the right side of the brain which is your conscience part and the evil man was on the left which is your subconscience part of the brain. I think I remembered it correctly. It's been 25 or so years ago when I heard it. But he said the artwork for Rush was evil. lol

I had a coach in high school who also claimed them to be satanic. I ended up copying several lyric inserts from my cassettes for him and he came back 2 weeks later and said "Well, I don't see anything bad here, but I have certainly heard different" rofl3.gif What a f*cking idiot...

QUOTE (happysmiles007 @ Feb 3 2005, 11:05 AM)
i think some people are just out to prove that rock is of the devil..& much like politics, i don't think anything we say could change their mind. they're just ignorant!!

That's an open mind for you.

sarcasm.gif

I've actually heard a few bands come right out and say that "satan rules".. in concert. This was Faith No More and Slayer. I think at best they are half-kidding around as the pub they get from it drives their career. As far as all that other stuff, backward messages and the like, it's all BS (Barbara Streisand).

Archived