Would any of you wear this?

Mara

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage...hong/index.html

Just curious if anyone would consider buying one of these, or if you have already. Personally, I'd pass, but only because thongs make me feel like I have the wedgie from hell.

If they had a bikini-type available, or even a hipster, then I might. But 20 bucks is a bit steep for underwear, methinks.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 6 2008, 06:51 PM)

If they had a bikini-type available, or even a hipster, then I might. But 20 bucks is a bit steep for underwear, methinks.

This.

Plus, I already have all the thong underwear I need, which is not a whole lot.

You know what I'd really like to see on the merchandise page? Some really awesome shirts like the guys get, but in a "girly fit." I'd kill for a 2112 shirt that fit me-- I have a couple, but they're mens' shirts so they're not cut quite right.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 6 2008, 10:19 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 6 2008, 06:51 PM)

If they had a bikini-type available, or even a hipster, then I might.  But 20 bucks is a bit steep for underwear, methinks.

This.

Plus, I already have all the thong underwear I need, which is not a whole lot.

You know what I'd really like to see on the merchandise page? Some really awesome shirts like the guys get, but in a "girly fit." I'd kill for a 2112 shirt that fit me-- I have a couple, but they're mens' shirts so they're not cut quite right.

I would kill for a fitted Rush concert tee that isn't pink and frilly. You're right, a carbon copy of the guys' shirts would be perfect.

I have never worn a thong in my life, and I never intend to. no.gif

I do love my S&A top though. smile.gif But I do agree there should be more that are similar to the men's t-shirts, although I don't mind getting them too myself. tongue.gif

Um . . . thongs . . . NO!!!!! $20 for a triangle of fabric held together by wedgie-inducing dental floss???!??? confused13.gif I don't get it!

Actually, I don't believe in underwear! laugh.gif

I have a collection (spanning a couple of decades) of men's RUSH shirts which I wear at every opportunity. But I also have a few of the "girly" fitted tops which are more fitting.

The black "Girly Crown Longsleeve" has a touch of spandex and feels very sexy on the body! I also have the black with metallic silver "Girly T - Snakes & Arrows" short sleeve which is made of a very fine and clingy cotton. I have older "girly" shirts, too, which are no longer available. I like the design of the "Farewell Baby Pink" shirt - - but I'm NOT a "pink" kind of gal!! wink.gif

I agree with the sisters here that we need more options in a woman's fit!

But I won't be purchasing the thong! no.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 6 2008, 07:51 PM)
http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage...hong/index.html

Just curious if anyone would consider buying one of these, or if you have already. Personally, I'd pass, but only because thongs make me feel like I have the wedgie from hell.

No. I wouldn't purchase a Rush thong. I just don't find it sexy. I like sexy underwear. Lace needs to be involved and silk/satin/high grade cotton is a must. Never just straight cotton with no sexiness to it and the Rush thong just does not look hot. Besides, if something has a logo, especially of a band I love, I want to show it off. I can't do that on a pair of undies! And if I'm wearing a garter belt or some other piece of lingerie, that thong wouldn't work... with anything. wink.gif

Don't get me wrong though. As much as I'd love to have Rush on my crotch, their thong ain't happening. It does nothing for me! wink.gif Besides, $20 is pretty steep, IMO.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 7 2008, 02:24 PM)
Besides, if something has a logo, especially of a band I love, I want to show it off. I can't do that on a pair of undies!

goodpost.gif Exactly!

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 7 2008, 02:24 PM)
Don't get me wrong though. As much as I'd love to have Rush on my crotch, their thong ain't happening.

laugh.gif trink39.gif wink.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 6 2008, 08:19 PM)

I agree with this too.

I don't always want a tight fitting T and "girly" shirts usually fit that way. When it comes to a regular old T shirt, I love ones that fit loose. If I buy a men's T, size small, they almost always hit below my hips. If I get a kids T, size large, then it doesn't seem to be quite long enough.

So, more selection, different fit. I'm not asking for much, right?! tongue.gif

I've never sent a T shirt to the tailors before but I guess I could. Hmmm...

On the subject of Rush girl T shirts, I think they should make one that says, "Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I love Rush. No, I wasn't dragged to their show." I got one helluva stupid comment from the guy sitting next to me at the Rush show I just went too.

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 7 2008, 08:16 AM)
Um . . . thongs . . . NO!!!!!  $20 for a triangle of fabric held together by wedgie-inducing dental floss???!???  confused13.gif I don't get it! 

I won't be purchasing the thong!  no.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif

"wedgie-inducing dental floss"

a.k.a. Rectal Floss tongue.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 7 2008, 10:16 AM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 7 2008, 08:16 AM)
Um . . . thongs . . . NO!!!!!  $20 for a triangle of fabric held together by wedgie-inducing dental floss???!???  confused13.gif I don't get it! 

I won't be purchasing the thong!  no.gif

Hare  biggrin.gif

"wedgie-inducing dental floss"

a.k.a. Rectal Floss tongue.gif

Tortoise 1287.gif

I've never been able to get used to a thong for that reason. It feels like I have the monster of all wedgies.

In hot weather, I prefer to go commando when possible.

One thing I'd buy would be some 2.gif women's boxers or tap pants, just for lounging around the house.

QUOTE (Janie @ Jun 7 2008, 05:56 AM)

On the subject of Rush girl T shirts, I think they should make one that says, "Yes, I am a girl. Yes, I love Rush. No, I wasn't dragged to their show." I got one helluva stupid comment from the guy sitting next to me at the Rush show I just went too.

Did you really? Lame. What did he say?

QUOTE (Fallen Catkin @ Jun 8 2008, 12:05 PM)
im buying it when i get the money lol just to have rush written on me in more places! 2.gif

Why I dislike thongs, I do appreciate your motive!!!!

I wear my 2.gif on my skin!! - - two 2.gif tats and planning for a couple more!

Hare biggrin.gif

I actually want the thong ohmy.gif

As for thongs in general, the less fabric in the back, the more comfortable, believe it or not. The Rush one isn't one of these, but I want it anyhow. Might buy it at the show, but it depends on my money situation...since gas is now $4.25 where I live rage.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 8 2008, 09:33 PM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 8 2008, 09:21 PM)
scared.gif

Oh davey, what did you say originally? tongue.gif

davey, come on, you can't shock us. . .

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 8 2008, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (Fallen Catkin @ Jun 8 2008, 12:05 PM)
im buying it when i get the money lol just to have rush written on me in more places! 2.gif

Why I dislike thongs, I do appreciate your motive!!!!

I wear my 2.gif on my skin!! - - two 2.gif tats and planning for a couple more!

Hare biggrin.gif

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif 1022.gif

You know what I'd really like to see on the merchandise page?  Some really awesome shirts like the guys get, but in a "girly fit."  I'd kill for a 2112 shirt that fit me-- I have a couple, but they're mens' shirts so they're not cut quite right.

I would definitely love more t-shirt designs cut for a woman. I don't wear men's t-shirts (nature didn't give me a small waist and curves top & bottom for no reason), but men get much cooler designs than women do.

I usually only wear thongs but probably wouldn't buy this one. I like a bit more material on the side. "Boy shorts" would be nice though.

QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Jun 9 2008, 12:27 PM)
You know what I'd really like to see on the merchandise page?  Some really awesome shirts like the guys get, but in a "girly fit."  I'd kill for a 2112 shirt that fit me-- I have a couple, but they're mens' shirts so they're not cut quite right.

I would definitely love more t-shirt designs cut for a woman. I don't wear men's t-shirts (nature didn't give me a small waist and curves top & bottom for no reason), but men get much cooler designs than women do.

I usually only wear thongs but probably wouldn't buy this one. I like a bit more material on the side. "Boy shorts" would be nice though.

What's funny is I usually think the women's stuff is nicer looking. Last year after the show I wanted to buy a shirt and pointed one out asking what's on the back. The woman behind the counter laughed and said "that's for women." I looked at it again and didn't see why the shirt would obviously be for women. Here's the link-- and I still think it's a fine looking shirt.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage...rows/index.html

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 10:04 AM)

What's funny is I usually think the women's stuff is nicer looking. Last year after the show I wanted to buy a shirt and pointed one out asking what's on the back. The woman behind the counter laughed and said "that's for women." I looked at it again and didn't see why the shirt would obviously be for women. Here's the link-- and I still think it's a fine looking shirt.

That's a nice shirt, definitely. When I wear a band's t-shirt, though, I want it to have a design or logo that evokes that band instantly. Like the starman, or the lettering from Rush's first album. They need to put that shit on some girly shirts! I also love that one of my 2112 shirts has a picture of the guys on the back. I dunno-- I just like showing them off! laugh.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 9 2008, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 10:04 AM)

That's a nice shirt, definitely. When I wear a band's t-shirt, though, I want it to have a design or logo that evokes that band instantly. Like the starman, or the lettering from Rush's first album. They need to put that shit on some girly shirts! I also love that one of my 2112 shirts has a picture of the guys on the back. I dunno-- I just like showing them off! laugh.gif

I'm of the less is more mentality. Just give me the band name and a symbol to imply the tour. That's it.

Archived