Would any of you wear this?

Mara

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (TheBlonde @ Jun 9 2008, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 6 2008, 10:19 PM)
You know what I'd really like to see on the merchandise page?  Some really awesome shirts like the guys get, but in a "girly fit."  I'd kill for a 2112 shirt that fit me-- I have a couple, but they're mens' shirts so they're not cut quite right.

I would definitely love more t-shirt designs cut for a woman. I don't wear men's t-shirts (nature didn't give me a small waist and curves top & bottom for no reason), but men get much cooler designs than women do.

What's funny is I usually think the women's stuff is nicer looking. Last year after the show I wanted to buy a shirt and pointed one out asking what's on the back. The woman behind the counter laughed and said "that's for women." I looked at it again and didn't see why the shirt would obviously be for women. Here's the link-- and I still think it's a fine looking shirt.

http://www.rushbackstage.com/rushbackstage...rows/index.html

Oh, I really like that shirt also. But you'll notice that there are only 8 options for women, and there are 35 options for men. Personally, I'd love this one cut for a woman:

Backstage Club

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 02:04 PM)
You know what I'd really like to see on the merchandise page?  Some really awesome shirts like the guys get, but in a "girly fit."  I'd kill for a 2112 shirt that fit me-- I have a couple, but they're mens' shirts so they're not cut quite right.

I would definitely love more t-shirt designs cut for a woman. I don't wear men's t-shirts (nature didn't give me a small waist and curves top & bottom for no reason), but men get much cooler designs than women do.

I usually only wear thongs but probably wouldn't buy this one. I like a bit more material on the side. "Boy shorts" would be nice though.

What's funny is I usually think the women's stuff is nicer looking. Last year after the show I wanted to buy a shirt and pointed one out asking what's on the back. The woman behind the counter laughed and said "that's for women." I looked at it again and didn't see why the shirt would obviously be for women. Here's the link-- and I still think it's a fine looking shirt.

This is one of my favorites RK!

I think I'll wear it to Mansfield on Sunday. I usually show up at concerts wearing shirts with the older album logos - - just to represent the decades and all!!!

But this shirt is made of an exceptionally light and silky cotton - - and it's soooooooooooo damn hot around here this week! tongue.gif

trink39.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 04:32 PM)
If I were you I would wear to a concert with a t-shirt.

ohmy.gif mazyyz, I believe you misunderstood!

I was referring to this shirt which Rushian King referenced:

http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/WomensApparel/RUSA361003L.jpg

NOT A THONG!!!

tongue.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 9 2008, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 12:32 PM)

wut

It's okay . . . I speak Confusion!!! wacko.gif

laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 9 2008, 01:16 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 10:04 AM)

I usually only wear thongs but probably wouldn't buy this one. I like a bit more material on the side. "Boy shorts" would be nice though.

That's a nice shirt, definitely. When I wear a band's t-shirt, though, I want it to have a design or logo that evokes that band instantly. Like the starman, or the lettering from Rush's first album. They need to put that shit on some girly shirts! I also love that one of my 2112 shirts has a picture of the guys on the back. I dunno-- I just like showing them off! laugh.gif

Have you ever transferred any of your 2.gif artwork to a tee? Your sig would look great, and I'd wear a "coffee with Neil Peart" one. Both would get a LOT of comments at a show, I'd bet.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 9 2008, 02:04 PM)

other than being called a "girly" tee I agree. I have some tees that are similar to this. Here is my question though: why did they assume it was for you? Is it not possible you have a girlfriend/wife?

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 9 2008, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 9 2008, 04:32 PM)

ohmy.gif mazyyz, I believe you misunderstood!

I was referring to this shirt which Rushian King referenced:

http://www.rushbackstage.com/store/assets/images/products/rush/WomensApparel/RUSA361003L.jpg

NOT A THONG!!!

tongue.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

Awww shux!!!

Can we get back to the thong topic? tongue.gif

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 9 2008, 07:22 PM)
Have you ever transferred any of your 2.gif artwork to a tee? Your sig would look great, and I'd wear a "coffee with Neil Peart" one. Both would get a LOT of comments at a show, I'd bet.

Aww, thanks for saying so-- that means a lot to me! I did think about putting the drawing in my sig on a shirt. I wouldn't want to get in trouble for appropriating their likeness, or anything like that, though. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 8 2008, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Fallen Catkin @ Jun 8 2008, 12:05 PM)
im buying it when i get the money lol just to have rush written on me in more places! 2.gif

Why I dislike thongs, I do appreciate your motive!!!!

I wear my 2.gif on my skin!! - - two 2.gif tats and planning for a couple more!

Hare biggrin.gif

1022.gif That rocks! I 1022.gif want starman but I'm scared! But I like the starwoman in your sig! lol what hav you got done? smile.gif

QUOTE (Fallen Catkin @ Jun 10 2008, 12:47 PM)
QUOTE (Tortoise and Hare @ Jun 8 2008, 04:24 PM)
QUOTE (Fallen Catkin @ Jun 8 2008, 12:05 PM)
im buying it when i get the money lol just to have rush written on me in more places! 2.gif

Why I dislike thongs, I do appreciate your motive!!!!

I wear my 2.gif on my skin!! - - two 2.gif tats and planning for a couple more!

Hare biggrin.gif

1022.gif That rocks! I 1022.gif want starman but I'm scared! But I like the starwoman in your sig! lol what hav you got done? smile.gif

My right ankle:http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/Forum%20pics/DSC01422.jpg

Left ankle (Tortoise is the hairy one!!)http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z147/HenHaven/tats.jpg

I also have a Pagan star with oak leaves on my right arm. I have a few ideas for my next RUSH tat - - I really like the counterparts/pac-man/Star of David/yinyang design! Have to give it a good think!!! laugh.gif

Hare biggrin.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 9 2008, 10:57 PM)
Have you ever transferred any of your  2.gif artwork to a tee?  Your sig would look great, and I'd wear a "coffee with Neil Peart" one.  Both would get a LOT of comments at a show, I'd bet.

Aww, thanks for saying so-- that means a lot to me! I did think about putting the drawing in my sig on a shirt. I wouldn't want to get in trouble for appropriating their likeness, or anything like that, though. laugh.gif

Could that happen? I mean, I can definitely see a problem with using the logo, or even the name Rush, as it's copyrighted as it pertains to the band, but just artistic renderings? I would think you could even put their names on it without fear of retribution. Unless you started advertising and selling in mass quantities; that might be an issue if someone at Anthem got wind of it.

I know zip about copyright law, though, so I could be way off base.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 10 2008, 02:26 PM)
Have you ever transferred any of your  2.gif artwork to a tee?  Your sig would look great, and I'd wear a "coffee with Neil Peart" one.  Both would get a LOT of comments at a show, I'd bet.

Could that happen? I mean, I can definitely see a problem with using the logo, or even the name Rush, as it's copyrighted as it pertains to the band, but just artistic renderings? I would think you could even put their names on it without fear of retribution. Unless you started advertising and selling in mass quantities; that might be an issue if someone at Anthem got wind of it.

Yeah, you're probably right. If I made like one and didn't sell it, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 10 2008, 05:41 PM)

Yeah, you're probably right. If I made like one and didn't sell it, I don't think anyone would have a problem with it.

It's still copyright infringement... whether you sell it or not wink.gif

QUOTE (rushbass @ Jun 10 2008, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 10 2008, 05:41 PM)

It's still copyright infringement... whether you sell it or not wink.gif

fortunately we are dealing with Rush, not Metallica.

I've seen many people bring homemade items with the logo, etc. on it to show the boys and they like it. two years ago the three people next to me flew in from puerto rico to see them in tampa and brought leather jackets. each jacket had a hand painted portrait of a different member and the logo. everyone around loved them. they help them up but I;m not sure of anyone other than mike saw them.

yup - I've gotten the other two that they put out - the Starman, and the S&A Hot Pink one. Of course, I won't be able to wear it - or the other 2 - until well after I have the baby laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rushmaiden @ Jun 13 2008, 04:39 PM)
Hi fellow Maiden! When is your baby due? They should be fair and make some sexy undies for pregos. yes.gif

December 8th smile.gif ...im sure i could still wear it, but by the time I'm showing, the thong wouldn't be anymore z7shysterical.gif

laugh.gif I wonder if Necro might wear this thong confused13.gif rofl3.gif bekloppt.gif

Archived