High heels with shorts/mini skirt

GeddyLeefan2112

So, I'm wearing some sandals that have maybe a 2 and a half inch heel on them with a tennis mini-skirt and my mom said I look like a streetwalker. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Your opinion?

Oh and by the way, in her opinion its okay to wear short shorts and mini skirts as long as you don't wear them with heels. Excuse me for being ignorant, but I don't understand the difference. wtf.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

confused13.gif Alright, I substituted sandals for 1 inch wedge dress shoes. Better, I guess?

I still don't understand why wearing short anything with high heels is skanky, but wearing the same thing, showing the same amount of skin with flats in considered "conservative/tasteful".

I think it's that heels have a certain connotation. They DO raise our tushies up, and enhance the look of our calves, you know. wink.gif

Personally I think that heels look great with a knee-length, slim skirt - it's sexy but doesn't have that "trashy" look.

Say uh.......maybe you could post some pics....you know, as a visual aid, so we know exactly what you are talking about........

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 5 2008, 04:32 PM)
Say uh.......maybe you could post some pics....you know, as a visual aid, so we know exactly what you are talking about........

eh.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:39 PM)
I still don't understand why wearing short anything with high heels is skanky, but wearing the same thing, showing the same amount of skin with flats in considered "conservative/tasteful".

It's just one of those proper etiquette things. It's simply more appropriate to wear short heels with a short skirt/dress hemline. Yes, you are still showing the same amount of skin but there is a certain connotation with the shirt skirt/high heel look that will probably never change!

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 5 2008, 03:46 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 5 2008, 01:32 PM)

this is why we can't have nice things

I'm afraid I don't understand........?

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 5 2008, 02:39 PM)
confused13.gif Alright, I substituted sandals for 1 inch wedge dress shoes. Better, I guess?

GhostGirl is right, there's just an association with high heels and short skirts that you don't want made about you. That's just the way it is, and this is your opportunity to show the world that you know those rules and choose to display good taste about what you wear.

Good luck!

K

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Jun 5 2008, 08:20 PM)

Because when hookers wear short shorts/mini mini skirts they also wear high high heels, NOT flats or low heels. It's like a hooker uniform.

So regardless of whether you intend to sexualize yourself or not, people/society will view it that way. Maybe because you're young you're not aware of the stereotype?

As mentioned high heels make a woman's legs/butt look more attractive to the average male. I would think the average person, male and female, would see it as "why dress like a hooker if you're not a slut?"

All that said, if you want to rebel against the stereotype, good luck.

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Jun 6 2008, 01:25 PM)

Because when hookers wear short shorts/mini mini skirts they also wear high high heels, NOT flats or low heels. It's like a hooker uniform.

So regardless of whether you intend to sexualize yourself or not, people/society will view it that way. Maybe because you're young you're not aware of the stereotype?

As mentioned high heels make a woman's legs/butt look more attractive to the average male. I would think the average person, male and female, would see it as "why dress like a hooker if you're not a slut?"

I am aware of the stereotype, I guess I am just naive in the fact that I don't associate 2 and 1/2 inch heels with hookers. I associate 4-5-6 inch heels with hookers.

But the fact is...its viewed as, high heels are fine, just not with a mini skirt, (infact, I think the proper term for what I was wearing was a "mini skort" laugh.gif). But with anything else they're okay. If they're trashy, they're trashy. Not, oh, they're only trashy this way.

*sigh* whatever...I guess I'll never understand.

Also, I thought high heels with shorts was quickly becoming the norm. I've seen many girls wear shorts with heels who I wouldn't consider trashy or skanky at all...so I don't know.

I guess I'm just in the dark on this one.

How 'bout noooooooooooooo...you crazy Dutch bastard!

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2008, 03:34 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 5 2008, 02:32 PM)

goodpost.gif

1287.gif Yes, it's hard for me to give you an honest opinion.

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:28 PM)

Nice reference laugh.gif

In regards to the thread itself, I believe that 2 1/2 inch heels is too much. Personally, I myself don't see a problem with that. However, that may trigger other people to catch the streetwalker image. Society is very stereotypical, one where you make a slight mistake such as that, people will frown upon it. And if you don't want that, then I'd suggest not going there.

As I said, I don't see it as a big deal. Much like yourself I view streetwalkers as a 4-6 inch heel type thing. But society is picky and will basically say that if you have ANY heels with a short skirt, you're some kinda streetwalker.

Sadly, that's just how it is. Can't change people, ya know? cool.gif

QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:26 PM)

I am aware of the stereotype, I guess I am just naive in the fact that I don't associate 2 and 1/2 inch heels with hookers. I associate 4-5-6 inch heels with hookers.

But the fact is...its viewed as, high heels are fine, just not with a mini skirt, (infact, I think the proper term for what I was wearing was a "mini skort" laugh.gif). But with anything else they're okay. If they're trashy, they're trashy. Not, oh, they're only trashy this way.

Also, I thought high heels with shorts was quickly becoming the norm. I've seen many girls wear shorts with heels who I wouldn't consider trashy or skanky at all...so I don't know.

I think it really depends on the shoes and the skirt? Sometimes things just look less trashy together than other things, you know?

Say you're wearing really short denim shorts (tight-ish too) and really flashy shoes, like bright platforms -- might be considered boderline hooker. But, say you have a nice pair of trouser shorts (made of twill or something, like a khaki) and more subdued heels, like black and brown, no matter the height -- that would look classy. Not sure if you can follow me or not.

In the end, I think it's up to your judgement and how you pull it off. I wore this nice beige top one time that I and many others thought was dressy looking with nice pants, but my dad thought looked trashy laugh.gif But if you think you looked alright, I'm sure no one is going to mistake you for a call girl. And if any man cat calls after you, tell them they do not need to stare and f*ck off yes.gif

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:28 PM)

Nice reference laugh.gif

In regards to the thread itself, I believe that 2 1/2 inch heels is too much. Personally, I myself don't see a problem with that. However, that may trigger other people to catch the streetwalker image. Society is very stereotypical, one where you make a slight mistake such as that, people will frown upon it. And if you don't want that, then I'd suggest not going there.

As I said, I don't see it as a big deal. Much like yourself I view streetwalkers as a 4-6 inch heel type thing. But society is picky and will basically say that if you have ANY heels with a short skirt, you're some kinda streetwalker.

Sadly, that's just how it is. Can't change people, ya know? cool.gif

I suppose that's just how it is. I guess I'll be a little more careful. Don't want to be sending off the wrong messages.

It's gunna be hard, because I do love the high heel. tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2008, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 12:36 PM)
I believe that 2 1/2 inch heels is too much. Personally, I myself don't see a problem with that.

huh?

I was speaking from the general standpoint of society. Perhaps I didn't word that correctly.

I don't see it as an issue myself. However, when I say I see a problem with it, I lean more towards how other people would view it, not myself.

Apologies if that wasn't clear.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:38 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 02:26 PM)

I think it really depends on the shoes and the skirt? Sometimes things just look less trashy together than other things, you know?

Say you're wearing really short denim shorts (tight-ish too) and really flashy shoes, like bright platforms -- might be considered boderline hooker. But, say you have a nice pair of trouser shorts (made of twill or something, like a khaki) and more subdued heels, like black and brown, no matter the height -- that would look classy. Not sure if you can follow me or not.

In the end, I think it's up to your judgement and how you pull it off. I wore this nice beige top one time that I and many others thought was dressy looking with nice pants, but my dad thought looked trashy laugh.gif But if you think you looked alright, I'm sure no one is going to mistake you for a call girl. And if any man cat calls after you, tell them they do not need to stare and f*ck off yes.gif

Haha, I understand wear you're coming from. My parents think everything except shapeless baggy-ass clothes are skanky and trashy. tongue.gif

On another note...

I mean, its not like the skirt/shorts in question are like borderline showing my ass. It falls like...just below my fingertips.

If you are wearing short up your ass shorts/tight ass short short mini-skirts, that makes you trampy automatically...without the help of high heels.

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2008, 02:34 PM)
QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Jun 5 2008, 02:32 PM)

goodpost.gif

sarcasm.gif How did I know this is a thread that would attract you.

tongue.gif

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jun 6 2008, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyLeefan2112 @ Jun 6 2008, 12:39 PM)
I guess I'll be a little more careful.

you should be because high heels are a gateway to more serious types of footwear biggrin.gif

Oh yeah? Like what?

Maybe I should get a pair of thigh high stiletto boots. Dominatrix style.

Archived